The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Interdisciplinary science foundation course at Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Hey I'm attending the selection day on the 12th of Jan and was wondering what written assessment you're referring to as I though you had to prepare for some type of presentation only?
(edited 8 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Original post by Coolandcalm1
My Selction day is on the 12th of Jan....will let u know how it goes :smile:

Good luck for your selection day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coolandcalm1
My Selction day is on the 12th of Jan....will let u know how it goes :smile:

Hey how did you find the selection day?
Hi.

I was wondering if you could apply to this through clearing or extra? Also, if you're planning to go into medicine - would you have to do the BMAT again?

Thanks.
Original post by phdparker
Hi.

I was wondering if you could apply to this through clearing or extra? Also, if you're planning to go into medicine - would you have to do the BMAT again?

Thanks.

the course does go into clearing, (2015/2016 it didnt but I got in through clearing in my year (2014/15)).

HOWEVER, there wont be any places for medicine on the foundation year in clearing as there is a set number that the medical school take from the foundation year (plus 2/3 extra that are on a reservation list just in case some of the others dont get the required percentage in the foundation year) and these fill up before clearing every year.
Reply 45
Just received an offer...Im soo happy :smile:
Original post by madmadmax321
the course does go into clearing, (2015/2016 it didnt but I got in through clearing in my year (2014/15)).

HOWEVER, there wont be any places for medicine on the foundation year in clearing as there is a set number that the medical school take from the foundation year (plus 2/3 extra that are on a reservation list just in case some of the others dont get the required percentage in the foundation year) and these fill up before clearing every year.

Oooh okay. Thanks for telling me. :biggrin:
Ive applied for the course through Extra. Hoping to hear from them. How long does it take on average. I want to progress onto Radiography hopefully
I really hope you get in. Radiography isn't bad so good luck. And I'm really not sure how long it takes. For people who apply in the beginning,it's usually takes a few months.
Can anyone give me an update regarding the new nhs funded courses.
Reply 51
Original post by Nafeesa0195
Can anyone give me an update regarding the new nhs funded courses.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Documents/Students/Your_guide_to_NHS_Student_Bursaries_2016_-17_(V1)_09.2015_Web.pdf

Have a look at the link above.. the info is all there :smile:
Can we still get funding if we do the foundation degree because you are only allowed to get 3 years of funding.
Reply 53
Can we still get funding if we do the foundation degree because you are only allowed to get 3 years of funding.

"Foundation years can be counted towards funding years provided that such a yearconstitutes an integral part of the course as a whole and that students enroll at theoutset for its full duration."

Thats wat it says on this -
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/Documents/Students/NHS_bursary_and_tuition_fee_payments_for_medical_and_dental_students_2014-15_(V1)_09.2014.pdf
Anybody know what the KickStart programme is about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airbus.Boeing
Hi guys, I was actually on the Interdisciplinary Science foundation year or CFG0 as it's referred to. Was on the course year starting 2010-11. The course itself is quite challenging a lot...and I mean a lot of work to cover in such a short time. Maintaining a balance throughout the year between studying and partying is the key to success here. Do not leave work to the last minute! (Like I did lol)

Most of the year is based at Leeds City College with one lecture a week actually based on the Uni campus...I know it's not exciting but work hard and you'll be transferred onto your chosen course the following year. There is a vast amount of progression choices to choose from..nanotechnology (me :biggrin:) to Astrophysics and medicine it's all there. Each progression choice has different entry requirements and compulsory modules you have to do.

Last year there were some exceptional students who did really well...like averaged 90% overall for the year...work hard and there's a chance of a scholarship. I know of two students who managed to get it.

You have some great lecturers...in particular Gary Dickinson (mathematics) and Bob (physics)..they're awesome!! You will find some modules may not be as exciting as you would like but it's important to keep up with work from day one.

Happy to answer any questions :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hey! I just seen post :biggrin:

I'm really excited to progress onto this foundation year? I was wondering if you could help me get in touch? I wanted to know about the selection day?
Original post by Hopeful137
I got a conditional offer 😁😳😃😃😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! many congratulations on the offer there!! was wondering if you could help? what pathway did you want to follow? I wanted more information on the selection day :smile:
Ive applied for the course through Extra. Hoping to hear from them. How long does it take on average. I want to progress onto Radiography hopefully

hello! have you been invited to a selection day as of yet?
Me too. Got a selection day on the 17th.
Me too. Got a selection day on the 17th.

All the best Nafeesa!

Quick Reply

Latest