Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

England vs Holland, KO 8pm

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
FIFA 15 is out now! Check out the latest discussions in The FIFA Gaming Society! 06-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who will win?
    England
    17.95%
    Holland
    64.10%
    Draw
    17.95%

• 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    anyone who has any knowledge of football knows that england have no world class midfielders, and thats the bottom line cuz stone cold said so.
    Oh, so steven gerrard is crap? I would even put lampard in but you'll dismiss it...
    Wilshere is just a young chap who became a mainstay in the arsenal side with the best midfield in the league last season...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    more like

England vs Holland, Chris smalling KO

no?

:getmecoat:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol why are people still voting in the poll when the match has finished.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Oh, so steven gerrard is crap? I would even put lampard in but you'll dismiss it...
    Wilshere is just a young chap who became a mainstay in the arsenal side with the best midfield in the league last season...
    i was referring to the game tonight, and i think you'll find lampard is past it pal.

i'll agree wiltshere is world class tho.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    yeah england actually kept the ball quite well tonight, but i noticed the fans booing whenever our defence put together more than 5 passes.
    mental, and we complain why we never win anything
    It's very frustrating. An entire change of mindset is desperately needed.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Just because he's Dutch :rolleyes:
    Grass Jan Huntelaar
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    i was referring to the game tonight, and i think you'll find lampard is past it pal.

i'll agree wiltshere is world class tho.
    Lampard scores goals, important ones, even off the bench. Only thing he can't do now(which he wasn't the best at anyway) is scoring a drive from 30 yards.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    I said in my post I hadn't paid attention to him last season while at Wigan and after his first two starts of this season (before getting injured). I'm not even exaggerating, many united fan sees him as being the solution to your problems in midfield. I'm just wondering what evidence this is based off. I want to say United were very close to letting go a year or two ago but for whatever reason changed their minds and even now he's still yet to get any kind of run in the first team. I know he's had injuries but that's besides the point. I'm just saying there's so much hype around him for having not actually done much.

I don't think our midfield was as bad you lead on either, Parker and Barry were there to sit in front of the back four and primarily had defensive duties and did so reasonably well, their passing from the back and in more forward positions wasn't perfect but I know Parker especially made more than a couple brilliant blocks and tackles. Barry's had a really good season at City too and I think may get a spot ahead of Cleverly..
    Clearly you did not watch the guy against Barcelona in pre-season and against Man city in the community shield. Especially against Manc City in the community shield when Utd were 2-0 down. Cleverley came on at half time and he practically tightened the hell up of that midfield and made everything happen including the Nani goal (Drool). Then he had a stormer against Arsenal and a few other teams in the Premier League before he bloody got injured.

( Yes I've over analysed the guy way too much, but he is defo one to watch and I hope he improves more because I highly rate him nowadays.)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Scholes would be perfect if he could be tempted out of retirement.
    He would, but he wouldn't be making those driving runs which would be his only problem 'cos of his age. Ahh, I seriously hope Gerrard hits top form and is injury free now this season. And would love to see Cleverley and Wilshere atay away from injuries too. We seriously need them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been so many years, how many more until the England team snap out of this belief that it's better to go down and make a big comeback than to take the lead in the first place. Every friggin' friendly...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 2, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.