England
    17.95%
    Holland
    64.10%
    Draw
    17.95%

• 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Draw methinks, both pose a great threat to the other.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Pearce selected 3 RB's, two of which have been sent home, he selected Tom 'Zidane' Cleverley, who's been sent home, as have bent and Rooney. And he's called up nobody.

So we have Hart, Gerrard, Parker, Cole, Welbeck (ZOMG RONALDO), Sturridge and ...Campbell???? (WHUT) to win it for us.

Might not happen.

Should be good to see the mighty Dirk playing though.

Well looking forward to it tbh, no Lampard or Terry in the squad, just a shame Johnson went home (Richards may take the RB spot) and there's not one established striker there. Get Crouch in ffs.
    Richards is better than johnson and should be first choice with walker as second since he's young and good, baines should get some more playing time but ashley cole should still be first choice. I agree with you with crouch, he has a good goalscoring record for england, I don't want to see 'no goals or assists in the premier league' downing in the first 11 and welbeck should be on the bench, sturridge is better but isn't as consistant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the game today, my first time at Wembley. I hope England win, I'll go for 2-1.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    I'm going to the game today, my first time at Wembley. I hope England win, I'll go for 2-1.
    dream on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Pearce selected 3 RB's, two of which have been sent home, he selected Tom 'Zidane' Cleverley, who's been sent home, as have bent and Rooney. And he's called up nobody.

So we have Hart, Gerrard, Parker, Cole, Welbeck (ZOMG RONALDO), Sturridge and ...Campbell???? (WHUT) to win it for us.

Might not happen.

Should be good to see the mighty Dirk playing though.

Well looking forward to it tbh, no Lampard or Terry in the squad, just a shame Johnson went home (Richards may take the RB spot) and there's not one established striker there. Get Crouch in ffs.
    get grant holt in ffs. we fscking love grant holt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What're the odds Gerrard plays the whole 90 minutes today after being snubbed as captain for the fourth time and playing a 120 minute cup final at the weekend and having a 12:45 game on Saturday?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...medium=twitter

Leaks from the Three Lions camp suggest Pearce will try this 4-3-2-1 formation: Hart, Richards, Smalling, Cahill, Baines; Gerrard, Parker, Barry; A Johnson, Young; Welbeck.

Everton's Leighton Baines plays at left back ahead of the long-term incumbent, Ashley Cole, while Welbeck's nod means there is no room in the starting XI for Cole's Chelsea team-mate Daniel Sturridge.

Pearce also gives controversial starts to Gary Cahill, lacking form since his big move to Stamford Bridge, and Adam Johnson, who has been unconvincing recently for Manchester City.

Johnson's City team-mate Micah Richards makes his first England start since Steve McClaren was in charge.

Okay so, apparently thats the formation.

Quite a good one imo, given what we have available and perhaps the testing out of different players
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this will be a good game. I'm predicting a Huntelaar goal, though. The guy's a machine for the Netherlands. Having a pretty good season for Schalke too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Holland to win and England to play without confidence.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starting 11 v Holland - 1 Hart, 2 Richards, 3 Baines, 4 Barry, 5 Smalling, 6 Cahill, 7 Young, 8 Parker (C), 9 Welbeck, 10 Gerrard, 11Johnson
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell can't the England squad do what most other's do and keep roughly the same shirt numbers?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    If we lose tonight, everyone will be calling for lampard to come back into the side or they'll say they should have used more of the youth like henderson... I don't know why everyone slates lampard so much :sighs: I don't get how our country is so terrible, anyway, if henderson gets into the euros, I will get josh mceachran, martin kelly and kieran gibbs while we're also at it.
    Henderson is average. Josh Mceachran is a great passer, but I would only give him 20 mins at this level because of his poor defending/strength- basically what he gets at Swansea. Gibbs is decent enough to play, so is Oxalade, will be interesting watching Richards tonight I reckon. 2-1 either way....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie starts..

• 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    off we goooo
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is the England line up?

It is a pathetic indictment of Capello that Richards hasn't started an England game in 4 years :facepalm2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    4-0 to England if Heskey is playing
    4-0 to Holland if Heskey isn't playing
    Haven't you heard though?

Heskey jokes were never funny :yy:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Robben has imposed himself upon the game more in the past few minutes - which, I suppose, to an extent, isn't saying too much.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    What annoys me is the English attitude of patient possession being a bad thing. For example, the commentators just said 'even if that means being patient and going backwards', and that's an attitude I hear a lot as a coach. Being patient and going backwards shouldn't be seen as a sometimes-necessary evil; it should be seen as the best way to create opportunities by dragging people out of position, waiting for movement and opportunities - rather than doing what English teams typically do, and try and force a hole in the oppositions defence where there is none.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Standard van Bommel. Cynical and dirty.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard is being wasteful.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 2, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.