Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society Meet Up.

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Where do you want the meet to be held?
    Birmingham
    26.79%
    London
    75.00%
    Other (please state)
    16.07%

• 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    The group coming seems reaaaaaaaaaly big now :afraid:
    Yeah, I know right. So many new people :eek:. Don't worry, I'm sure we all won't bite :p:. The fact we're meeting beforehand too should help a little :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    The plan is that there is no plan. :lol: We shall just meet up and then do whatever the hell we please. :mob:
    Haha ok then sounds like good fun ... have issues with needing to plan everything but yer I am quite worried about getting lost and not finding everyone and then having wasted 4 hours each way on the train by just having to go back
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, I know right. So many new people :eek:. Don't worry, I'm sure we all won't bite :p:. The fact we're meeting beforehand too should help a little :yep:
    Oh how wrong you are...

(Original post by Phoenix07)
    Haha ok then sounds like good fun ... have issues with needing to plan everything but yer I am quite worried about getting lost and not finding everyone and then having wasted 4 hours each way on the train by just having to go back
    Don't worry, we'll find you. PM your number to rmhumphries, and we'll make sure and track you down.

Anyone going to the Birmingham meet:

We've got a spare place in the room at the hostel we're staying at (me, rmhumphries and ParadoxSocks), Wednesday night through to Friday morning, if anybody wants to come squidge up with us.

PM me or rmhumphries for more info.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eviltongue: Actually I was planning on playing album after album of agitated vintage punk, interspersed with indescribable Captain Beefheart. The experiment shall be an interesting one... :beard:

Why, worried about your precious hair?
    Doesn't sound too bad.

It goes curly in the rain. :sad: Curly mohawks do not look cool. :hmpf:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exceeding the recommended dose of your prescribed medication? Always a good idea.

Yep, driving down with him and ParadoxSocks. An excellent chance to inflict my glorious tastes in music on people...
    :unsure:

Anything must be better than the stuff my wife makes me listen to

I'll try and bring as much caffeine as I can carry with me just so I can enjoy your musics. I have a coursework deadline for Wednesday so I'll be up all night tonight working on it and I only got 2 hours of sleep last night too. I'll be positively delightful by tomorrow
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Doesn't sound too bad.

It goes curly in the rain. :sad: Curly mohawks do not look cool. :hmpf:
    Go bald like Putin, then you'll always look cool. :cool:

• 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go bald like Putin, then you'll always look cool. :cool:

As awesome as that would be (think how much money I'd save not having to buy shampoo!), I don't think the bald look would suit me. :unsure:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just confirming stuff:

- We're meeting at Great Portland Street at 1pm, right?

- What're we doing for the day? (I need to figure out how much money I'm gonna need, roughly)

And I'm getting in there first and posting a picture so that people can find me (and so that some of the more nervous ones will know at least one face for sure)
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)

- What're we doing for the day? (I need to figure out how much money I'm gonna need, roughly)

And I'm getting in there first and posting a picture so that people can find me (and so that some of the more nervous ones will know at least one face for sure)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yep, Great Portland Street tube station at 1pm.

I think someone mentioned bowling or sitting in the park, but given it's cold and raining maybe just the first, although I don't think there's a plan exactly yet.

I like your hair.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    :excited:

I think I might walk from KX, given that I'm getting there 45mins early.
    Also might work off a few of the jitters.

(For those of you who aren't aware, jitters are small musical penguins that follow me everywhere when I'm nervous, usually fluttering around my ears and stomach. They're quite slow, so a brisk walk tends to leave them trailing in my wake. :cool:)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yep, Great Portland Street tube station at 1pm.

I think someone mentioned bowling or sitting in the park, but given it's cold and raining maybe just the first, although I don't think there's a plan exactly yet.

I like your hair.
    Great, thank you

(Original post by Nut.)

(For those of you who aren't aware, jitters are small musical penguins that follow me everywhere when I'm nervous, usually fluttering around my ears and stomach. They're quite slow, so a brisk walk tends to leave them trailing in my wake. :cool:)
    Awhh, I quite like the idea of small musical penguins :love:
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively ring round the nearest hospitals and ask if there've been any mass admissions to their psych wards.
    :teehee:

Don't worry, I will protect you from the raging hordes! :fight:
    Are you sure YOU won't need protectin from ME? :devil:

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I know :eek2: Yeah I'm sure it'll be good And yep it should, looking forward to it!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)

I want jittery fluttery penguins! You give me? :puppyeyes:

:teehee:

Are you sure YOU won't need protectin from ME? :devil:
    We'll see. :sexface:
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    We'll see. :sexface:
    I am still only a 75% yes anyway :sigh:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am still only a 75% yes anyway :sigh:
    Don't worry - I'll track you down.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think we should visit St James's Park just to see the pelicans that eat pigeons...

We should feed wolf to them...
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry - I'll track you down.
    :afraid: but you know most of my reasons! :eek:
    • 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh how wrong you are...
    :lol: Ok, well you know what I mean, right? :p:

(Original post by angelbones)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks for the pic - pretty good hair colour to spot :yy:. Are you getting there before 1pm then?

This is a picture of (half) my face, if anyone's interested. I do expect to be arriving with ViceVersa and laut_biri should things go to plan :yep:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, tomorrow now. Have fun all of those going, really disappointed I couldn't wrangle some time off to come down for an afternoon.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope you all have a good time tomorrow. I'm definitely going to the Birmingham meet but I'm very nervous. Went to a party last night and started to have serious panic attacks because there were so many people I didn't know. Hopefully, though, this is a smaller group so it should be fine. Hopefully.

Can I have somebody's number that's going to the Birmingham meet?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.