The Student Room Group

If you had a baby now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruta V
what's with the double names these days?...

George was my boyfriend's papa's name and Julie was my grans name so we want to have our children remember their grandparents even though they will never meet them :frown: but we didn't want them as first names, so there it is lol
Reply 121
Elijah Blue.

Eesa.

Adam.

Mikael.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 122
Boy: Manford

Girl - name it Bob, then give it up for adoption.
Reply 123
Boy: either Arthur or Oscar
Girl: Aletheia :smile:
Alexander Beckett

:smile:
I would definitely not be having a child NOW!

However maybe in twenty or so years time...

Boy: I'd love to call him Quentin Orson/Oscar, but he'd probably never forgive me... Maybe Harry, Alfie, Teddy, Cedric, Edmund, Dorian...

Girl: Felicity, Hermione (But she'd never forgive me...), Arrabella, Margaret, Lily, Henrietta, Emmeline, Ariana,

I like old fashioned names. :smile:
My gf and I have already discussed this lol

Boy: Aiden
Girl: Ceilidh
Reply 127
Boy: Liam
Girl: Lois
I would probably follow one of the traditions my dad's family seem to have, regarding males - either name the child after the father, or switch the names around so the child's first name is the same as the father's middle name and the child's middle name is the same as the father's first name.

Not sure about females - do like the name Xanthe; but have a relative called that.
Boy - William
Girl - Bella

Probably :smile:
Boy: Reuben
Girl: Frances
All genders: Glen Coco
They have the sweet delights of candy canes to fall back on if my parenting fails them.
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
EDIT: who is going around negging everyone suggesting non-English names? Don't hate for no reason.

For the love of god, please learn yourself some European history before you name your child Aryan.
It's a popular name in India as well. :facepalm:
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
It's a popular name in India as well. :facepalm:

Yes, but considering this is a predominantly British forum it is reasonable to assume that you are from Britain, where aryan is known less as an adorable name for a child and more as the nazi's concept of the blonde haired blue eyed master race. If you're in India, I take it back, but if you're british you owe it to the child to consider the meaning that name carries in the country he'll grow up. It would be akin to me calling my son Churro, a relatively unassuming name, then moving to Spain where he instantly becomes associated with being named after a type of donut.
^^ Haha, I was wondering if that was the case because I've never met an Indian called Aryan (possibly with good reason :colone:) here :erm:
Hmm I hadn't considered that, good point - touche.
But oh it's such a good name :frown:
Dammit...
Original post by Bowman.Hath
If its a boy, Bob.

If its a girl, Bob.

Watch at around 5:22

Kate = short for Bob
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by de_monies

Watch at around 5:22

Kate = short for Bob

Id forgotten about that episode, classic stuff