The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Best postgrad accommodation UoM?

Scroll to see replies

I am an international student coming to study at UoM this fall. I just applied and got an acceptance letter 3 days after I submitted my application and I have no idea what to do since I didn't think I would even get in. Ill be going for an MSc in Finance and need some help choosing an accommodations since I will not have to chance to visit Manchester before school starts.

From reading through this page I am thinking about ropemaker, but from some things I read that it might not be the safest part of town as far as burglaries go, any truth in this?

How do I tell which ones are dorms and which are private halls?

I don't personally care if I have my own bathroom but is there any issues with people having really disgusting roommates?

How many people do you usually share a dorm with?

Thanks for any info!

~Ben
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I'm from India and will be doing an MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment and Management from University of Manchester starting this September 2014. Anyone else on the same course?
Also, I'm looking up accommodation options and have looked up city campus.Any reviews about George Kenyon/ Opal Hall/ Whitworth/ Weston.. I mean which is considered the best out of these? From what I have understood, these are flats shared between 6-8 people with common kitchen.. i rpefer lesser people..say 3-4..are there any options?
Victoria Park doesnt seem to have postgrad acco though :/
And what about fallowfield? too far?
Any kind of advice would be highly appreciated! :smile:
Original post by avnikapuri
I'm from India and will be doing an MSc in Environmental Impact Ahey ssessment and Management from University of Manchester starting this September 2014. Anyone else on the same course?
Also, I'm looking up accommodation options and have looked up city campus.Any reviews about George Kenyon/ Opal Hall/ Whitworth/ Weston.. I mean which is considered the best out of these? From what I have understood, these are flats shared between 6-8 people with common kitchen.. i rpefer lesser people..say 3-4..are there any options?
Victoria Park doesnt seem to have postgrad acco though :/
And what about fallowfield? too far?
Any kind of advice would be highly appreciated! :smile:

hey avni ! I am goung for msc managerial psychology and im from India too ! . The university accom , george keynon , opal and weston are the best in the same order ! mostly all flats are shared between 5-6 ppl with a common kitchen . univ accom is very good but rooms are quite small conpared to private . The good private ones are - ropemakercourt , student castle , mansion grooves/mansion gardens and wilmslow park . Il be stating at ropemaker court 😊
Original post by sakshi612
hey avni ! I am goung for msc managerial psychology and im from India too ! . The university accom , george keynon , opal and weston are the best in the same order ! mostly all flats are shared between 5-6 ppl with a common kitchen . univ accom is very good but rooms are quite small conpared to private . The good private ones are - ropemakercourt , student castle , mansion grooves/mansion gardens and wilmslow park . Il be stating at ropemaker court ������

Hey :smile:
i see..you're chosing private over uni acco because of bigger rooms? umm..and how does the cost compare? So relieved to finally know im not the only one with concerns :P
Original post by avnikapuri
Hey :smile:
i see..you're chosing private over uni acco because of bigger rooms? umm..and how does the cost compare? So relieved to finally know im not the only one with concerns :P

yes I chose it mainly because of the room size and also because im just 21 and the univ accom for pg students mostly has much older people and its not very lively ! Ropemaker , student castle etc have a much younger and a mixed ug/pg crowd , also excellent location as curry mile is just next door for indian food , supermarkets etc
Reply 45
What do people make of Liberty Point?
Original post by sakshi612
yes I chose it mainly because of the room size and also because im just 21 and the univ accom for pg students mostly has much older people and its not very lively ! Ropemaker , student castle etc have a much younger and a mixed ug/pg crowd , also excellent location as curry mile is just next door for indian food , supermarkets etc

Hello Girls! I'm from India as well. I'll be staying mostly at the univ accommodation in the fallowfield campus. I'll be studying Biotechnlogy in the Chemical Engineering & Analytical Science Department! See you guys in September!
Applied for Oak House, Ashburne & some other one I can't seem to remember at the moment!

Cheers,
Parth Joshi
Reply 47
Hi all, any thoughts or info about accommodation at Moss court, think its somewhere near Ropemaker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending