The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tan Theta
SO does that mean I score full marks since I have AAAa at alevel aready.

Yes you will :yes:
Original post by This Honest
Yes you will :yes:

How is Ukcat used then?
How is Ukcat used then?

Post interview. When 2 applicants are very close, they will use the ukcat to differentiate between them. Obviously, the person with the higher ukcat wins :colone:
Original post by This Honest
Post interview. When 2 applicants are very close, they will use the ukcat to differentiate between them. Obviously, the person with the higher ukcat wins :colone:

ah ok thanks, so what is their criteria to select for interview? PS and reference? and do you know how many offers/places/ interviews they give?
ah ok thanks, so what is their criteria to select for interview? PS and reference? and do you know how many offers/places/ interviews they give?

:tongue:
I'm just an applicant like you, don't know a lot about offers/places
Selection for interview is academic and PS...not sure about reference :erm:
Last year, they scored academics out of 15 and PS after 15, cut off for interview was 25.5/30
Reply 105
SO does that mean I score full marks since I have AAAa at alevel aready.

yes then you geta a mark out of 20 for your personal statement and the top portion of applicants are called for interview. Hope that helps!! i am also applying for undergraduate medicine at BSMS for 2013 entry :biggrin:
Anyone know how many places BSMS offer and how many people they interviewed last year?
Reply 107
Hey everyone
In my GCSE's I got 6A*, 2A'S, 1B and 2 Distinction*'s
I got AABB in my AS and I am predicted A*AA
What score would I get for my academics?
Why BSMS?
Original post by Bjo3
Hey everyone
In my GCSE's I got 6A*, 2A'S, 1B and 2 Distinction*'s
I got AABB in my AS and I am predicted A*AA
What score would I get for my academics?

I'd hazard a guess at 13/15 for academics, although I have practically no idea of what I'm talking about, so take what I've said with a pinch of salt :redface:
Reply 110
do they have special preference for a specific type of work experience? Mine is 3 wks in a hospital shadowing doctors in 8 departments. but i have no hands on patient care, does it matter? i mean, i learnt so much from my wk experience, it is absolutely amazine, but just a bit worried whether they prefer hand-on patient care.
Original post by thegodofgod
I'd hazard a guess at 13/15 for academics, although I have practically no idea of what I'm talking about, so take what I've said with a pinch of salt :redface:

It was scored out of 15 last year. Both academics and PS are scored out of 20 this year.4 a's at AS gives you an academic score of 20/20 but best to email them directly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeepYourHeadUp
It was scored out of 15 last year. Both academics and PS are scored out of 20 this year.4 a's at AS gives you an academic score of 20/20 but best to email them directly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know that 4A's at AS gives you 20/20?
And does having achieved AAAa already get you full marks too? for sure?
Reply 114
How do you know that 4A's at AS gives you 20/20?

I've called them asking so and they've answered exasperated,saying full marks.
(they're probably annoyed with the sheer number of people asking so, well the guy I talked to sounded so lol!)
Hi guys, I have 8A*s and 2A's at GCSE, AABB at AS but AAAa at A2 and A* in Extended Project and 695 in my UKCAT, will they mark me down for my AS grades or will it be ok because overall I did get AAA? Please help!
Original post by royallyrandom
Hi guys, I have 8A*s and 2A's at GCSE, AABB at AS but AAAa at A2 and A* in Extended Project and 695 in my UKCAT, will they mark me down for my AS grades or will it be ok because overall I did get AAA? Please help!

Its fine, you should get full marks, you shouldn't need to put in your AS grades anyway in your UCAS forms if you have your A2 grades.
I went to the open day and asked them, I achieved 4 A's so that's how I know :smile: Best of luck
Reply 118
do they put more emphasis on reference or PS?
Original post by yayah917
do they put more emphasis on reference or PS?

50% lies with the PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending