Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So where is everyone off to this summer then?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crete or Marmaris xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We were going to Tuscany, to stay at a villa belonging to one of my aunts' friends, but my mother told me yesterday that, due to some very large, unexpected bills, we can't afford the air fares, neither do we have the time. This is the third year in a row that financial mess has cancelled my summer holiday. I think my passport might have expired by now...

Staying at home is probably, honestly, taking enjoyment and relaxation and happiness out of the equation, the best option. My teacher expects me to write my adv higher English dissertation between the end of March and the end of the summer holidays, not seeming to take into account that I have Duke of Edinburgh and desperate higher cramming just before the summer holidays start, so, the more time I have to myself in a mood of generalised productive depression, the better.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heading to Lanzarote with my friends before school stops, then head over to my parents summer place before starting uni, so gonna be a good one!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    e.

You better hope youve got a **** load of money left for Amsterdam, it is ridiculously expensive.

Why not finish somewhere in the east instead?

I really like smoking but there is a good chance I may do but it all depends on how much time I have left before uni
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Benidorm for 3 days in June with my mum
    Santa Susanna (Costa Brava) for 5 days in July with family.
    Blackpool for 3 days also in July with family.

People say that Blackpool is as tacky as hell (and it probably is) but I don't care...absolutely love the place! Been there practically every summer for the last 9 years.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Belgium (Tomorrowland festival)
    Greece (with my girlfriend)
    France (visit my grandparents)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)

Do you work on the slopes or what? Why do you need to be there in late August? I thought places didn't hire until round October or maybe september?
    I work in Season Passes and we start selling and processing them during the summer. August-start of December is actually our busiest time!
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Borneo for 10 weeks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Berlin, Dresden and Munich probably.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    America!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zante for a week with friends for a girls holiday.
    Spain (not sure where) for two weeks with family.

If I'm not ridiculously tanned when I start Uni, I will not be impressed.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Summer plans :-

14 days in UK, doing Land's End to John o' Groats. Detours at a few places we haven't quite decided where yet.

14 days in Hong Kong, visiting my parents and son. Will do a quick getaway to Beijing for 2 days while here for a trade fair.

3 days in Germany, going to the 'ring

3 days each in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, trade show/exhibition.

10 days Ibiza, graduation trip with my mates from uni era, since I was a 3rd year when they started their 1st, now they are finally graduating.

4 days in Shanghai for an exhibition and conference.

That covers early June to late August.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Home...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dubai and Tenerife, last couple of family holidays before uni
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China.

4 days in each country!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnythemoose)
    Paris...to work at Disneyland!
    I definitely have a re think about wearing that mask in your avatar for you work placement
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    I definitely have a re think about wearing that mask in your avatar for you work placement
    who said it was a mask? :ninja:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is making me all excited for the summer

Hopefully spend the summer cycling from calais to Holland, and then back again, camping along the way

Bicycle stuff should cost around £100 to make it comfier, as well as for the panniers. Around £100 to travel to london, take the ferry over and for travel insurance. Food shouldn't be too expensive, and as for accomodation I'm planning on appealing to the good will of farmers If that fails, then stealth camping :P

Then will get into a campsite in Holland near nijmegen and chill there for a while, then cycle back. Hopefully I'll meet people while I'm over there as I'm going alone.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    TOMORROWLAND - Belgium

L'Ampolla Spain for my grandad's 70th, get the miserable old git **** faced!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lisbon with friends for a week.

buzzing

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.