Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How British are you?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    17/24 - i was rejected!

surely that's a bit harsh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    12/24, 50%

Well I'm half way there.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    50% and I'm 18.

Some of the questions are a little stupid though - does it really matter how much of Britain's ethic minorities live in London?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only 9/24... 38% But then I grew up in France and am applying for dual-nationality (I could probably answer more questions correctly about France!) so I havn't really been exposed to the answers. I guessed most of them...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got 15/24, guessed most of them!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    50%. I was saddened, then saw the other marks in this thread and felt a little better!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got 8/24 but then I'm not English :P Though doubt I would do much better in a test about Sweden..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's designed to find people who are genuinely willing to put the time and effort in to become a UK citizen. This test is A LOT harder than a citizen test I took two years ago (when I was in sixth form our teacher made us do one) - I actually passed that one! Those questions were more like 'What is Hansard?' and 'What does GP stand for?' - a bit more general. You don't NEED to know these things to be British and knowing these things doesn't make you British, but learning them shows you are willing and keen to integrate with society.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    11/24 = 46% :\
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    19/24 - think I'm the only pass so far. :p:

EDIT: Second. Someone beat me by a minute. :getmecoat:
    A few of us passed last week, when I put the exact same thread up. Sorry for putting salt in your wounds :cool:
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I like how people assume that if you dont pass this test you get kicked out
    It's called sarcasm...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    16/24, 67%.

Rejection. :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    11/24. I'm not even British but I did better than some of them I reckon LOL
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    42%
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would have known the answers to these questions if they concerned my country but I'm no UK citizen (33%).
    Too bad but now I know I'll have to work hard if I ever want to come live there and apply for citizenship (also, who doesn't know what GP means, please!?)

It was actually fun and I'm interested in knowing what were the actual answers, I think I'll google some of the questions lol
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon7)
    I would have known the answers to these questions if they concerned my country but I'm no UK citizen (33%).
    Too bad but now I know I'll have to work hard if I ever want to come live there and apply for citizenship (also, who doesn't know what GP means, please!?)

It was actually fun and I'm interested in knowing what were the actual answers, I think I'll google some of the questions lol
    50%
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greekguy)
    50%
    Show off!
    Nah I'm kidding, good for you but I think we've been both denied UK citizenship
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    10/24

I guessed all of them except two. Go, me!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There seem to be very few questions in the test that could encourage integration of culture or values. Looks like the UK is looking for statisticians, lawyers or incredibly boring people to enter the country.

Oh well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightgrenades)
    I think it's designed to find people who are genuinely willing to put the time and effort in to become a UK citizen. This test is A LOT harder than a citizen test I took two years ago (when I was in sixth form our teacher made us do one) - I actually passed that one! Those questions were more like 'What is Hansard?' and 'What does GP stand for?' - a bit more general. You don't NEED to know these things to be British and knowing these things doesn't make you British, but learning them shows you are willing and keen to integrate with society.
    I'm not against immigration but passing some test that's got pretty much nothing to do with Britain beyond a superficial quantitative perspective does not show willingness to integrate with society. It shows willingness to pass the test which by extension, shows willingness to enter the country, for whatever reason (perhaps integration would figure into this but it definitely isn't going to be the only factor people taking the test are considering).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 13, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.