The Student Room Group

How British are you?

Scroll to see replies

12/24, 50%

Well I'm half way there.
50% and I'm 18.

Some of the questions are a little stupid though - does it really matter how much of Britain's ethic minorities live in London?
Reply 82
Only 9/24... 38% :s-smilie: But then I grew up in France and am applying for dual-nationality (I could probably answer more questions correctly about France!) so I havn't really been exposed to the answers. I guessed most of them...
Reply 83
I got 15/24, guessed most of them!:biggrin:
Reply 84
50%. I was saddened, then saw the other marks in this thread and felt a little better!
Reply 85
Got 8/24 but then I'm not English :P Though doubt I would do much better in a test about Sweden..
I think it's designed to find people who are genuinely willing to put the time and effort in to become a UK citizen. This test is A LOT harder than a citizen test I took two years ago (when I was in sixth form our teacher made us do one) - I actually passed that one! Those questions were more like 'What is Hansard?' and 'What does GP stand for?' - a bit more general. You don't NEED to know these things to be British and knowing these things doesn't make you British, but learning them shows you are willing and keen to integrate with society.
Reply 87
11/24 = 46% :\
Original post by TheSownRose
19/24 - think I'm the only pass so far. :p:

EDIT: Second. :angry: Someone beat me by a minute. :getmecoat:

A few of us passed last week, when I put the exact same thread up. Sorry for putting salt in your wounds :cool:
Original post by Dragonfly07
I like how people assume that if you dont pass this test you get kicked out

It's called sarcasm...
16/24, 67%.

Rejection. :rolleyes:
Reply 91
11/24. I'm not even British but I did better than some of them I reckon LOL
42%
Reply 93
I would have known the answers to these questions if they concerned my country but I'm no UK citizen (33%).
Too bad but now I know I'll have to work hard if I ever want to come live there and apply for citizenship (also, who doesn't know what GP means, please!?) :biggrin:

It was actually fun and I'm interested in knowing what were the actual answers, I think I'll google some of the questions lol
Reply 94
Original post by anon7
I would have known the answers to these questions if they concerned my country but I'm no UK citizen (33%).
Too bad but now I know I'll have to work hard if I ever want to come live there and apply for citizenship (also, who doesn't know what GP means, please!?) :biggrin:

It was actually fun and I'm interested in knowing what were the actual answers, I think I'll google some of the questions lol

50%
Reply 95
Original post by greekguy
50%

Show off!
Nah I'm kidding, good for you but I think we've been both denied UK citizenship :wink:
10/24

I guessed all of them except two. Go, me!
There seem to be very few questions in the test that could encourage integration of culture or values. Looks like the UK is looking for statisticians, lawyers or incredibly boring people to enter the country.

Oh well.
Original post by lightgrenades
I think it's designed to find people who are genuinely willing to put the time and effort in to become a UK citizen. This test is A LOT harder than a citizen test I took two years ago (when I was in sixth form our teacher made us do one) - I actually passed that one! Those questions were more like 'What is Hansard?' and 'What does GP stand for?' - a bit more general. You don't NEED to know these things to be British and knowing these things doesn't make you British, but learning them shows you are willing and keen to integrate with society.

I'm not against immigration but passing some test that's got pretty much nothing to do with Britain beyond a superficial quantitative perspective does not show willingness to integrate with society. It shows willingness to pass the test which by extension, shows willingness to enter the country, for whatever reason (perhaps integration would figure into this but it definitely isn't going to be the only factor people taking the test are considering).
Reply 99
8/24

I'm pretty disappointed with myself right now :dontknow:

Quick Reply