Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Banking&Consulting firms would you like to have on TSR to answer your questions

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I’m JK and I’d like your help

I look after all of our lovely recruitment clients here at TSR Towers and I’d like to know which organisations from the world of Banking and Consulting you’d like on TSR to answer your questions over the coming year.

Thanks in advance for your help on this, and I’ll do my best to get as many of your requested companies onto the site!

JK
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK)
    Hi there,

I look after all of our lovely recruitment clients here at TSR Towers and I’d like to know which organisations from the world of Banking and Consulting you’d like on TSR to answer your questions over the coming year.

Thanks in advance for your help on this, and I’ll do my best to get as many of your requested companies onto the site!

JK
    i don't really mind just a big firm, it would be very interesting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs yO! and uh McKinsey?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^so true
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevlar)
    Goldman Sachs yO! and uh McKinsey?
    Thanks Kevlar.
    Will see what I can do!
    Are these two of the organisations that you're thinking of applying to?
    Do you have any specific questions you'd like to ask them?

Thanks
    JK
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    i don't really mind just a big firm, it would be very interesting!
    Hi non,

EY are on the site - have you seen their thread?
    I agree, it would be good to get some other big firms on board.
    Are you starting to look at opportunities now? Let me know if I can be of any help!

JK
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenchous)
    Loving the pic Frenchous!
    Made me smile at the end of a very long week.

Are there any companies you'd specifically like on TSR over the coming months?

Cheers
    JK
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of ways for students to speak to company representatives (typically, you can just email their generic HR email address for example).

I don't know if you'd be able to persuade a company to offer something 'new' here.

But if they are here, I suppose they're going to be pretty uncool with any negative, and probably true, chat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oliver Wyman
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    There are plenty of ways for students to speak to company representatives (typically, you can just email their generic HR email address for example).

I don't know if you'd be able to persuade a company to offer something 'new' here.

But if they are here, I suppose they're going to be pretty uncool with any negative, and probably true, chat.
    Hi Ben

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do that anyway, but wouldn't it be great to have a conversation with a recruiter and get input from other students interested in that organisation?
    I think we've shown with the presence of a number of companies that have embraced TSR that recruiters want to try different approaches and hear what students have to say.
    It's the rough with the smooth approach. There's always going to be some negative chat, but this is what two-way conversation is about

So, who would you most like to hear from, Ben?

JK
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spurious)
    Oliver Wyman
    Thanks Spurious
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK)
    Hi Ben

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do that anyway, but wouldn't it be great to have a conversation with a recruiter and get input from other students interested in that organisation?
    I think we've shown with the presence of a number of companies that have embraced TSR that recruiters want to try different approaches and hear what students have to say.
    It's the rough with the smooth approach. There's always going to be some negative chat, but this is what two-way conversation is about

So, who would you most like to hear from, Ben?

JK
    I've long stopped worrying about needing to hear about recruitment... so I'll suppose you don't know your way around here very well.

At the sharp end of finance, things are different.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thing is... There are relatively frequent posters on this forum who work bothnin various consultancies and various areas of banking, most of the regulars know who they are.

Not sure there is a real need t invite hr from these companies here as they would be unlikely to add an real content that couldn't be found by reading the "party line" on a companies website
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK)
    Hi there,

JK
    Yeah can't be bad and seems better/easier than having to email HR. Any of the big names I suppose- Mckinsey, Bain, BCG
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Consultancy
    Boston Consulting Group
    Bain & Company
    McKinsey
    Accenture
    Booz & Co.
    Deloitte
    KPMG
    Ernst & Young
    IBM
    PWC
    Roland Berger
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norbertnorbert)
    Yeah can't be bad and seems better/easier than having to email HR. Any of the big names I suppose- Mckinsey, Bain, BCG
    Thanks Norbertnorbert
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Consultancy
    Boston Consulting Group
    Bain & Company
    McKinsey
    Accenture
    Booz & Co.
    Deloitte
    KPMG
    Ernst & Young
    IBM
    PWC
    Roland Berger
    Hi Akkuz,

Thanks. This is great stuff.
    Are you thinking about applying to any of these companies more than the others?

Cheers
    JK
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK)
    Hi Akkuz,

Thanks. This is great stuff.
    Are you thinking about applying to any of these companies more than the others?

Cheers
    JK
    Your welcome

If I do decide to head down that route, absolutely! They are the best consultancy firms around.

It would be fantastic to actually speak to representatives from these firms.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    I've long stopped worrying about needing to hear about recruitment... so I'll suppose you don't know your way around here very well.

At the sharp end of finance, things are different.
    I'll go and sit in the corner and hold my head in shame then, President_Ben

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.