Going to be studying biomedical sciences
You been to the open day yet ?

Awesome!! Yes I have, been there twice now. Love it so much x
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 41
I got an unconditional offer for mechanical engineering, took a gap year but cos i'm born so I late I will be only just 19 when uni starts, anyone know when freshers week starts?
Reply 42
Hey i have a conditional offer to study computing at plymouth and have put it down as my firm :biggrin: so i will almost definatly be going to plymouth, when can we apply for accomadation? and i am still not sure weather to go into halls or not :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by _holly_
Hey i have a conditional offer to study computing at plymouth and have put it down as my firm :biggrin: so i will almost definatly be going to plymouth, when can we apply for accomadation? and i am still not sure weather to go into halls or not :biggrin:

You can already apply! I did it last week, why are you thinking about not going for halls?
Reply 44
Original post by JLWilliams
You can already apply! I did it last week, why are you thinking about not going for halls?

Oh cool how can you apply ? i thought as only 60% ish of people get halls, it might be better to look into shared housing, as it would be a bit annoying to try and find accomadation in August, but still unsure :smile: Thanks
Original post by _holly_
Oh cool how can you apply ? i thought as only 60% ish of people get halls, it might be better to look into shared housing, as it would be a bit annoying to try and find accomadation in August, but still unsure :smile: Thanks

I'd try and go for Halls if you want them, if you don't end up getting them its not the end of the world, there are tons of people looking for housemates on results day who get into plymouth through insurance/clearing and you'll be able to find a house there. Don't take my word for it, but that figure of 60% would include those coming from clearing/insurance, which will most likely be a significant amount tbh so you will probably get halls, do don't worry too much about that.
Reply 46
Original post by _holly_

You do it online, here's the link: http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/accommodation/Pages/default.aspx
Yea that makes sense, because i am on a gap year and got an unconditional offer I find out if I've got halls early so i thought I might as well apply and if I don't get it I have still got a few months to find something else!
Reply 47
Hi everybody,
ive had a conditional offer from plymouth that i have accepted to start in september, i will be doing live sound in DBs music. i have already found a really nice five bedroomed house in St. Judes area looking for three more people to share with.
Reply if you're interested at all :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by sutzilla12
Hi everybody,
ive had a conditional offer from plymouth that i have accepted to start in september, i will be doing live sound in DBs music. i have already found a really nice five bedroomed house in St. Judes area looking for three more people to share with.
Reply if you're interested at all :smile:

Hey, just wondering where abouts St. Judes area is? and how far away is it from the university? also do you have any idea of prices ? thanks :smile:
Original post by carriesouthcott
hi, i'm quite a lot older than all of you but i have an unconditional to study extended science in September, i already live in Plymouth and have done for most of my life....i'm only 26 but that seems ancient compared to 18 haha.
I have my own house thankfully so no need to look for accommodation but wish you all luck with your search, to be honest you cant go wrong with most of the places near the centre of town, especially if you want to enjoy the nightlife :-)

Hello! I will also be starting extended science in September. I'm 21, and at the preview day on Wednesday there were a few mature students around :smile: I also live in plymouth already. Hope to meet you on the course!
Reply 50
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
Sharing a house in the first year? Did you choose to live in a house or are all the rooms at halls filled already??

They dont allocate halls yet so i think that was the persons preference....
I'm doing business management in September, anyone else on the same course or doing a similar one?! Looking forward to going so much, love it there. Hoping to meet people before i go so message me or Facebook or something ha :smile: x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
didn't read the whole thread so I don't know whether anyone has said this yet or not but... to anyone wondering about the nightlife, it's literally so good. There's pretty much a student night every night at various places and everywhere is open past 5 so I'd say it's probably one of the better places for a night out
Reply 53
Original post by imogen.powell
I'm doing business management in September, anyone else on the same course or doing a similar one?! Looking forward to going so much, love it there. Hoping to meet people before i go so message me or Facebook or something ha :smile: x

hi im doing economics, so i presume we would be in the same school!
Reply 54
Original post by Snape2255
Hello :smile: I've gotten myself a conditional offer at the university so will be starting in September (provided I get the grades...shouldn't be too hard D: ) so wouldn't mind meeting others who are going there too :biggrin: As for accommodation I'm looking into private housing (seems much cheaper and nicer than student halls) and am thinking a great deal about going to one of their "Find a Home" events...anyone else in the same boat here? :smile:

Me and my boyfriend are in the same boat...but i'm going to be at Plymouth Marjon College and him at Plymouth. We want to live in private housing but are stuck on where to look, so i am thinking of attending that "Find A Home" event too. :smile:
Reply 55
I want to be a fresher again :frown: Best year of my life!
Reply 56
Anyone doing Maths & Stats with a Foundation Year? Seems like I'm the only one xD
Hey, I will be starting Plymouth in September and would really like to know a couple people before I go :smile: anyone else here doing Dance Theater?
Also does anyone know when freshers week starts?
Reply 58
Original post by apu270894
ye planning to firm, got conditional for economics!!!! cant wait but nervous at the same time

I've accepted my offer of economics at plymouth - see you in september!
Reply 59
Hi, I will be turning 20 also in early september. I've confirmed my place on the extended science foundation, can't wait.
Also is everyone heading down there as soon as their contract for accommodation them, or wait until a couple of day's before freshers?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending