Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how scary is the woman in black?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been wanting to see this for a while but havn't got round to it. I'm okay with scary films but I recently watched the trailer and got a bit freaked. However I'm am still quite keen on seeing it. Anyone who went to see it, did you get freaked out or did you find it fine?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found it pretty scary, there are quite a lot of 'jumpy' moments in it. I don't think it will majorly freak you out though, but it is pretty creepy most of the way through. I thought it was a good film though, and definitely worth a watch if you like ghost stories. Have you seen 'The Others'? It's a similar kind of film to that I guess, with it being a ghost story, set a hundred years or so ago and in an old, creepy house
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's laughable, really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    It's laughable, really.
    This. It was absolutely rubbish, not scary at all and not even a good plot - unless you count Harry Potter walking around with a WTF face ALL THE BLIMMIN TIME a good plot.

Dire, don't watch.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its not scary, perhaps a few jumpy moments is all
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    A little bit scary, but rather jumpy (and hilarious) at times. Quite creepy.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The ending is sad though
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't seen The Woman in Black, but it's the film I've got my sights set on, at the moment. I'm hoping to go and see it very soon although, judging by the above comments, I might be in for a major disappointment.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty scary.

I preferred the original but it was pretty good.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alright, alright, we all know African mothers/women are stereotyped but theres no need for this.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    About as scary as closing the front door and thinking you forgot your keys - but then finding them in your jacket pocket.

Is any movie ever really scary? I think the Shining and the Omen (original) are some of my favourtie scary movies, but even they werent that scary really
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been wanting to see this as well. I don't particularly like 'jumpy' films but I want to see if Dan can do anything except be harry Potter . . .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's more creepy than overly scary, but there are a few moments where you really jump. My Mam screamed really loudly and so did a few others!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was horrible. I had my head buried in my friend's shoulder for most of it and I kept waking up that night thinking the woman was in my room. I'm not usually a wuss when it comes to scary films though, I think that it just affected me because it had children in it. </3
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I misread the title as 'how scary is the black woman' :blush:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It makes a much better stage show, but not a particularly good movie.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Entertaining, more than creepy. The jumps startled me but that means nothing. None of it really disturbed me at all, but the bits trying to be were at least fun in a grim sort of way. There were a couple of tense bits.

Anyone ripping on the plot clearly doesn't realise it's based on one of the defining examples of the ghost story genre! Of course it's generic; it is the genre.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It was really scary. My best friend screamed EVEN when a TAP would turn on. XD

It's a decent film. The plot's pretty lame. But as a film to watch with friends it's good. I went out with a group of 10.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I jumped bigg time when he touches the window...y'all know what Im talking about

overall 'scariness': 7/10 several jumpy moments
    the story could have been better in my opinion

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.