The Student Room Group

How is Further Maths?

I've picked Further Maths as one of my A-level choices, I'm pretty good at Maths and I've already achieved my A* in GCSE so I'm currently doing C1 in class but haven't even looked at the Further Maths book(s). How is it different to Maths? Is it harder? or is it just Maths with more topics?
Reply 1
bumppp
Reply 2
My classmates take it and say its manageable but then again I cant even survive normal math so I'm not one to judge. Oh and btw I got an A in IGCSE too but that means **** in A Level.
its very easy. no sarcasm
Reply 4
Further maths is good. If you're good at maths, you should do well. I dont think anyone does really well at A level maths, and horrendously on further maths. Having said that, you will need to study a lot. If you're good at maths though, maths and further maths should be two relatively easy subjects for you
Reply 5
How is it? She says she's doing fine and thanks you for asking. (FM is a girl, obvious given the complexity in argand diagrams)

Typically it's more involved than normal maths, but wrongly assumed to be significantly more difficult. It takes a slightly slanted approach at times which requires you to think for yourself more than you would in normal maths, and doing well in it will be easier if you approach it from a genuine understanding perspective and not a put-up-50-post-its-around-your-house-to-memorise-everything perspective.
Reply 6
bumpppp

Quick Reply

Latest