Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prime Minister's Questions: 5th March 2012

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Prime Minister of the TSR House of Commons, davidmarsh01 will be taking questions.

MPs may ask 1 question and a followup, non-MPs may ask 1 question and the Leader of the Opposition gets 2 questions and follow ups. This thread will close to new questions Tuesday evening.

Go! Go! Go!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would the PM be willing to die for his country?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Would the PM be willing to die for his country?
    No thanks.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just when are you planning to release more legislation? Once in the last month - not good.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does the prime minister agree with me that all members within a political party should treat each other with respect and not use insulting and offensive language towards one another?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Just when are you planning to release more legislation? Once in the last month - not good.
    I'll forgive you if you don't believe me but there's some legislation coming through the party sub forum just now to be released shortly.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Does the prime minister agree with me that all members within a political party should treat each other with respect and not use insulting and offensive language towards one another?
    Of course I agree. I also think that matters such as these should be kept within the party.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you honestly think your Salary cap bill would be passed or were you just trying to embarrass yourselves?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,
    I have been subjected to personalized attacks from a certain TSR Labour member who has called publicly my removal as Leader of the TSR Liberal Democrats and since then he has been saying quite publicly that I am taking the Lib Dems to the right, which is false. Another Lib Dem has been subjected to this type of behavior. The Prime Minister has been silent on this issue which sounds like he is endorsing this type of behavior.

I would like to ask the Right Honourable Gentleman what does he intend to do about this appalling behavior which is unacceptable?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to question the prime minister on his opinion regarding my PASS identification petition?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Did you honestly think your Salary cap bill would be passed or were you just trying to embarrass yourselves?
    We wanted it to pass, but unfortunately it didn't.

(Original post by Morgsie)
    Mr Speaker,
    I have been subjected to personalized attacks from a certain TSR Labour member who has called publicly my removal as Leader of the TSR Liberal Democrats and since then he has been saying quite publicly that I am taking the Lib Dems to the right, which is false. Another Lib Dem has been subjected to this type of behavior. The Prime Minister has been silent on this issue which sounds like he is endorsing this type of behavior.

I would like to ask the Right Honourable Gentleman what does he intend to do about this appalling behavior which is unacceptable?
    While I will stand by my parry members as a whole, I have let the particular member in question know that some of his comments have gone too far. That's all I'll say, the rest will stay within the party.

(Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    I would like to question the prime minister on his opinion regarding my PASS identification petition?
    Hmm, I'm a bit unsure on it. Probably mostly in favour though.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,
    Would the Rt. Honourable Gentleman care to tell this House why he doesn't feel that it is necessary to condemn the behaviour of his own party's by election candidate who not only behaves in an insulting manner towards other members of this House and the other candidates within the election, but feels that it is necessary to retract any apology offered by his party?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Mr Speaker,
    Would the Rt. Honourable Gentleman care to tell this House why he doesn't feel that it is necessary to condemn the behaviour of his own party's by election candidate who not only behaves in an insulting manner towards other members of this House and the other candidates within the election, but feels that it is necessary to retract any apology offered by his party?
    I did not retract any apologies, I don't know where you're getting that from at all.

I do apologise for his actions on behalf of the party, and I've already said that I'll deal with the member's actions internally.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I did not retract any apologies, I don't know where you're getting that from at all.

I do apologise for his actions on behalf of the party, and I've already said that I'll deal with the member's actions internally.
    Mr Speaker,
    I thank the Right Honourable Gentleman for his assurances and apologise for an confusion caused by the retraction of an apology. If the prime minister claims that he is apologising for his member's actions, then can he explain to this House why he is saying one thing to the House while said member is contacting other members of this House to retract apologies made on his behalf by the party and furthermore if the party feels that it has selected the best candidate it possibly could for the by-election?
    • 10 followers

Could the right honourable gentlemen reinforce the importance of respect among the different political parties despite their differences?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Mr Speaker,
    I thank the Right Honourable Gentleman for his assurances and apologise for an confusion caused by the retraction of an apology. If the prime minister claims that he is apologising for his member's actions, then can he explain to this House why he is saying one thing to the House while said member is contacting other members of this House to retract apologies made on his behalf by the party and furthermore if the party feels that it has selected the best candidate it possibly could for the by-election?
    I did not know that he was retracting apologies made on his behalf, I'll have a word with him about it.

I think that he could be a good candidate and member of the party if he didn't take such a frankly rude approach to other users. That's why I made him the by-election candidate, because I thought he could give a good contribution, but I didn't expect him to be so rude in the actual election. I was giving him a chance in the by-election, and I'll continue to give him a chance as long as the rudeness stops immediately. Not sure if that made much sense
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I did not know that he was retracting apologies made on his behalf, I'll have a word with him about it.

I think that he could be a good candidate and member of the party if he didn't take such a frankly rude approach to other users. That's why I made him the by-election candidate, because I thought he could give a good contribution, but I didn't expect him to be so rude in the actual election. I was giving him a chance in the by-election, and I'll continue to give him a chance as long as the rudeness stops immediately. Not sure if that made much sense
    I thank you for your reply and yep, it makes sense.

(Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Could the right honourable gentlemen reinforce the importance of respect among the different political parties despite their differences?
    (Not that I can reply, but I think it's because it's election season. This has been one of the harsher elections that I've seen.)
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Of course, it is vital that everybody respects one another during debates, and I've had a word with and will continue to have words with who this question is clearly about until his attitude improves or his position becomes untenable within the party.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you see your party getting any bills through government with a minority? Do you think you can persuade other parties to support your bills?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    Can you see your party getting any bills through government with a minority? Do you think you can persuade other parties to support your bills?
    Yes I'm pretty sure we can. Also, that's not exactly the best question, it's not as if I'm going to say no :lol:
Updated: March 6, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.