The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King’s College London Open Week 12-16 March

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teeza
Hi,
do we have to buy the tickets for the freshers events in advance? or can we just buy them direct at the party?

Hi teeza

It really depends on the event. Some events are ones where you can just show up on the day and they are free, others recommend that you book in advance. If you are keen to go to the Ministry of Sound event I would recommend you buy that in advance as this event is proving really popular so its unlikely that there will be many tickets available on the door on the night.

The majority of the events listed for Freshers have a contact email address so if in doubt you can always drop them an email to double check: http://kclsu.org/page.asp?section=1175&sectionTitle=Freshers%27+Events

Hope this helps :smile:

Fran
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 981
Original post by King’s College London
Hi teeza

It really depends on the event. Some events are ones where you can just show up on the day and they are free, others recommend that you book in advance. If you are keen to go to the Ministry of Sound event I would recommend you buy that in advance as this event is proving really popular so its unlikely that there will be many tickets available on the door on the night.

The majority of the events listed for Freshers have a contact email address so if in doubt you can always drop them an email to double check: http://kclsu.org/page.asp?section=1175&sectionTitle=Freshers%27+Events

Hope this helps :smile:

Fran

Hi Fran,
thank you very much! I just bought my ticket for the Ministry of Sound event online. Did I understand that right, that we have to pick up the ticket at the KCLSU box office from 10pm onwards on the night of the event?
Original post by teeza
Hi Fran,
thank you very much! I just bought my ticket for the Ministry of Sound event online. Did I understand that right, that we have to pick up the ticket at the KCLSU box office from 10pm onwards on the night of the event?

You should get sent an email confirmation and this is your ticket, so you need to print that out and bring that along to the event, along with some ID. Check out this page on KCLSU Tickets for more info on ticket collection, looks like they've had a bit of a technical glitch and this page has the correct info for ticket collection: http://www.kclsutickets.com/news/20/TICKET-COLLECTIONS-IMPORTANT-INFORMATION

Fran :smile:
Hi, I've just accept my offer to study at the Institute of Psychiatry starting in September 2014. I would like to live close to the campus and preferable with other postgraduate students going to the university. I was wondering could you give me any advice on finding accommodation? Would you recommend applying for KCL residence halls and if so, which ones would be closest to the IoP? Thanks!
Hi I have an offer from the Institute of Psychiatry and wanted to know if it would be possible to apply for accommodation at King's College Hall Refectory? I understand it is under construction but will be opening by Summer 2014- would applications be accepted here for courses staring in 2014?

Quick Reply

Latest