The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Congrats dallepalle!

May I ask when you applied and received the email? I still haven't heard from them yet. I emailed them and got this reply:

>>>
Dear finmath7,

I'm afraid we still have about 200 applications to assess, so if you have not heard from the BGS already, it may well be another month before we finalise our decisions.

Sorry I can't be more specific.
Best wishes,
xxx
<<<

dallepalle
Hey hm82

Was just wondering whether you received this email, that constitutes the informal offer? or did the graduate board of cambridge contact you already. Just wondering because i received the informal offer but did not hear back from the graduate board (and thus the final decision) yet...

thanks
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
For those of you that got an offer, what kind of background did you have, and I suppose it would be interesting to see what those that got rejected had as well
Reply 42
thanks!

@pinknellie: yeah i applied for mphil finance

@finmath7: I applied in late december (documents arrived in early january around the fifth or so). But I think it is to early to celebrate as the email clearly states that it is an informal offer ( I think somebody actually copied that email in another forum, which was mentioned above --> see market participant). Thus i guess i will have to wait. best of luck with your application
Reply 43
dallepalle, if you don't mind, can you share your profile with the rest of us?
Thanks! :p:
Reply 44
those of you who have been informed the decision informally, has your online account been updated???
Reply 45
No. It will take a few weeks apparently according to 2 other people from the management school here in Lancaster. They have already been accepted into the MPhil Finance program. I do find it extremely weird that 3 people (out of 35 total places if I am not mistaken) have been accepted from my university. Just goes to show how much Lancaster Management School is valued by other academics as opposed to the general population which just looks at league tables.

If you cant beat them, join them :wink:
Reply 46
Wow, I must say it's pretty amazing that they actually take 3 people from the same school. From what I know, they give out 50 offers every year, and about 35 people accept their offer.

Which of the options are you going for? Finance/Acct/Financial Engineering?

I wonder if they allocate places based on this...
Reply 47
Hi Finmath,

I dont think they do as I didnt specify an option in my application. To be honest I am interested in Finance/Finance & Accounting, although if you look at the programs they have a similar structure and either one allows you to take pretty much the same modules.

I think that bead-making person ruined my rep by the way. Now I feel like crying :argh: :banana:
Reply 48
Yeah that guy is annoying. I'll give you some reputation points :smile:
Reply 49
has anyone got rejected yet? i know there are offers already (probably most of the offers have been made). why dont they inform the rejections???
Reply 50
People seem to be starting to get more rejection letters. I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyone with recent news?
Reply 51
Just found out I got rejected :eek:

Oh well...
Reply 52
Sorry to hear that.

Self-service page?
Reply 53
Yeah...
Reply 54
sorry to hear that Finmath but as far as i know you have great offers from LSE and IC already, so it should not upset you at all i guess... did you receive an e-mail as well as the update in the self service page?
Reply 55
No email and no letters.
I checked self-service...

Yeah should be going IC then...and no, I haven't received an offer from LSE, still waiting...
Reply 56
good luck with the LSE. IC is great anyway. i just finished the one page essay for scholarship application to CASS
Reply 57
Still waiting... anyone with recent news?
Reply 58
still waiting, too
Reply 59
You Turkish? I considered going to the program at Bo&#287;aziçi University but decided not to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending