The Student Room Group

Good courses available in UCAS Extra

I'm not eligible for Extra as I've got offers, but I had a look at what economics courses were currently available in Extra, and to my surprise, there were actually a few decent courses in Extra, so I thought I'd post this in case anyone had five rejections or didn't want to go to any of their choices, then they could opt for it. Some are actually really, really good: Here are a few I've picked out which I thought people may be interested in (I've listed the uni and the course) and here is the link for the complete list:

My link timed out, and presumably any other links will time out after a while, so I've quoted another poster who gave a much better link that won't time out periodically:

Original post by MisanthropicLemon
http://www.ucas.com/students/coursesearch/

And select the bit that gives you only results in Extra (can't remember what they've called it)

University of Bath

Economics and Politics
Economics and Politics (Sandwich)

University of Birmingham

Economics (L100) and pretty much every Economics related course

Edinburgh

Economics (L100) and most other Economics related courses

Exeter

Economics(L100) and some other Economics courses, but not with Politics or Finance

Manchester

Economics (L102) and a few (but not many) other Economics courses e.g econ with philosophy

SOAS

Economics and most other Economics courses

York

Economics and Mathematics (LG11)
Economics, Ecology and Environment

I never realised there would be so many fantastic courses available in Extra.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Is it easy to get L100 from Notts in Extra?
Reply 2
Original post by Irenicis
Is it easy to get L100 from Notts in Extra?

Well it is not on there so no. Just because a course is listed it doesn't mean that it will be easy to get an offer, it just means they haven't had enough quality applicants yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Tateco
Well it is not on there so no. Just because a course is listed it doesn't mean that it will be easy to get an offer, it just means they haven't had enough quality applicants yet.

How about clearing?
Reply 4
aw the session timed out!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Irenicis
How about clearing?

It definitely won't be in clearing
Reply 6
Original post by Tateco
It definitely won't be in clearing

okay i realised that you could be look at the UCAS extra page for the Home/EU, and it's true that it show that there's no extra for notts.

However, searching on the international side, there is.

so i think there's where the misunderstanding came about haha
Wow, I'm surprised that there are places like this in Extra.
Reply 8
how do i look at extra?
Can I just say that these should be taken with a huge pinch of salt - I looked for English literature and it's showing Oxford as being in Extra... Just don't cancel any offers to pursue Extra until you've contacted the universities.
Original post by SoftMusk
how do i look at extra?

And select the bit that gives you only results in Extra (can't remember what they've called it)
Reply 11
Original post by MisanthropicLemon

thanks!!
Reply 12
Does anyone know how many of the top 30 Uni's were in clearing last year?
Reply 13
Just an update for anyone thinking about going through clearing, here are some good courses which are still in extra, and I assume could be in clearing:

Bath
Economics and Politics

Birmingham
All Economics courses

Durham
All Economics courses :eek:

Edinburgh
Economics
Arabic and Economics
Economic History
Economic and social history

Exeter
A lot of Economics courses

Manchester
A ton of Economics courses

Newcastle
Economics and Maths
Politics and Economics

SOAS
All econ courses

Soton
A lot of economics courses

York
All econ courses

It seems a lot of Universities didn't fill all their places, and presumably if these places don't get filled in extra, they will be available in clearing. I was particularly surprised that Durham was in there.
Reply 14
Do you know any universities which had extra courses for business management as I am presumably thinking of applying through extra this year because I have changed my mind about the universities I originally applied to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending