Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current students at Broadgate Park.

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there any students at the moment in Broadgate Park? What do you think of it? I've just been googling and stuff as I sent my application off today for the accommodation and have just come across horror stories such as :

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/accommodatio...-park/reviews/

So I was wondering if there were students there now who could refute the negativity as on the outside it looks amazing.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of those reviews are pre-refurb. I've only heard good things recently. The main issue is the thin walls but you'll have that anywhere. I'm staying in Broadgate next year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    A lot of those reviews are pre-refurb. I've only heard good things recently. The main issue is the thin walls but you'll have that anywhere. I'm staying in Broadgate next year
    Thanks for that good to see some first hand positive remarks. The woman I was with on the tour in Nottingham said she also found Broadgate Park amazing on her first year so I'm quite excited
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who's in BGP and she said she loves it there. I'm applying to BGP too
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Broadgate too. Can't wait. En-suite and self-catered all the way!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyW94)
    I've applied for Broadgate too. Can't wait. En-suite and self-catered all the way!
    Awesome I might see you! I also notice you're from Manchester, which college do you go to?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    Awesome I might see you! I also notice you're from Manchester, which college do you go to?
    Yeah, that would be awesome haha! King David High Sixth Form. How about you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that would be awesome haha! King David High Sixth Form. How about you?
    Oh wow that's quite far from mine. I go to Xaverian which is near Fallowfield.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that's quite far from mine. I go to Xaverian which is near Fallowfield.
    Ahh ok. So what course are you going for?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok. So what course are you going for?
    Law! I've firmed and eveything. What about you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Law! I've firmed and eveything. What about you?
    English and French. Firmed it as well :P Know quite a few people who applied to do law and how competitive the course is so you did well in getting the offer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm living at Broadgate currently and will be next year too. I enjoy living here, it's certainly not as bad as them reviews, I have no complaints really. The staff are friendly and if there is a problem like something breaking they come out and fix it quickly.
    The walls are quite thin like someone mentioned so if you have a noisy neighbour it does get a bit annoying..But other than that it's great here
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    English and French. Firmed it as well :P Know quite a few people who applied to do law and how competitive the course is so you did well in getting the offer!
    Good to see some more people from Manchester!

I went with SPC first and BGP second because of the cheaper en-suite option...think I prefer the look and location of BGP though so still not 100% decided.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzo)
    I'm living at Broadgate currently and will be next year too. I enjoy living here, it's certainly not as bad as them reviews, I have no complaints really. The staff are friendly and if there is a problem like something breaking they come out and fix it quickly.
    The walls are quite thin like someone mentioned so if you have a noisy neighbour it does get a bit annoying..But other than that it's great here
    to be fair the walls are thin in every single hall.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any pics of a single study room (the standard one) at Broadgate and possibly some of an en-suite? I wanna see what it's like.

I think the area, layout and general look of Broadgate seems better than St. Peter's but SPC has the en-suite at a better price.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 14, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.