Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you willing to spend decent money on?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Things that will last.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bikes!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Computer, Motoring Vehicles, Electricity/Petrol (Energy Sources).

Even though according to moores law, a top spec PC will be outdated in 2 years the thrill of building a new PC never fails to puts a smile to my face. Especially when you built for like £2k but it'd cost like £4k to buy it prebuilt. Prebuilt PC are so overpriced.

Same with riding a decent bike (more thrilling) or driving a nice car like a BMW M3 or any convertible at high speed (more relaxing) goes double with roof down on a nice day
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chab92)
    A student with a good taste in drink??? WOW!! and well done!
    Don't get me wrong, I also drink the cheapest possible vodka I can when going out! But I do love a good whisky from time to time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJ0ker)
    Just sports gear really! If you are into a sport its much better to do it with nice gear.

And also good ps3 games.
    I totally agree with that! I play 4 different sports but I try to buy the best gear for my buck. For me it is, the best, or none.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to mention shoes again, especially since it looks like I am not the only person here who would spend a lot on shoes!

I was brought up knowing that you should spend good money on a bed, and good money on shoes, because if you're not in one, you're probably in the other.

/justification
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I have to mention shoes again, especially since it looks like I am not the only person here who would spend a lot on shoes!

I was brought up knowing that you should spend good money on a bed, and good money on shoes, because if you're not in one, you're probably in the other.

/justification
    Ah, I see! That's wise.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to buy an antonov jet.....I like planes, and im only $9.999975 million short....
    I have 25 dollars, as of today.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    - My Car (& all the extra's like MOT, Tax, Servicing, Tyres, Petrol)
    - Holiday's, Trips and Weekends away
    - Events (ie. Tickets to Shows/Festivals)
    - Experiences (ie. I'm doing a Bungee Jump for my 19th)
    - Quality Shoes
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shoes.
    Skin care.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Random bits and bobs for my computer; Steam games too.
    I occasionally go and buy a new HD or monitor which I feel is worthy to spend a large amount on
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've already got dive kit of my own, which has been several years of birthday and christmas presents, but when the time comes to replace them, I definitely won't be holding back. I enjoy breathing, I know that's selfish, but I want to know that I have kit that won't break on me all the time. So yeah, scuba diving kit.

And theatre/comedy. Although very few good things come close to where I live. But if there's something or someone I really want to see, I think I'd just go for it and pay it, because I'll never get that chance again. Sadly distance usually prevents me. Still, once I'm at uni I'll only be a couple of hours away from London, and then the West End is mine!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely instruments. Nice fiddles and guitars are soo worth it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, belts! I love brown leather belts. Currently digging a Levi
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Skis would be my moneysink... a good competition standard pair of slalom skis (and I suppose the boots to go with them ). Those would probably cost about 1000 euros, for a top-of-the-range pair.

If I had loads of money, I'd love to buy a really good showjumper (horse), but we're talking tens of thousands for a great one, so that's definately not going to happen anytime soon aka ever.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need a new Processor for my PC, a few more RAM sticks, a new HDD and hopefully a SSD soon. And that's all I spend my money on.

Oh and once every few years I'll buy a new Bass
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Bee)
    I love the people that live by the motto, why go for second best! I mean, I am 14 and I recently bought a road bike. I saved up for it and everything. I originally saved for a Carrera, this was £300. I decided to save another £200 and get a Specialized. Determination :P

My next save is an acoustic guitar. Maybe some Beats by Dre :\
    don't do this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tats Tats..
    Stuff for Laptop/gadgets/Ipod touch
    Shoes/clothes
    food
    Weedd
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Experiences, e.g. days out, extreme sports, holidays, music festivals/gigs.

Definitely make me feel much happier than buying inanimate things like books, clothes etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about anyone else but usually before i make a purchase i spend the full day browsing online. I try to make myself an expert in a pair of trainers or headphones, read loads of review and even watch youtube vids of a kid with the trainers. If they have an extra function which i probably wont even use or have fantastic ratings then i don't mind paying more for.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.