Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sssssnakes - show us ya pics!

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who else has a snake(s)? Here's Dexter my 8 month old Hypomelanistic Corn:

Looking to get him a girlfriend soon, preferably het hypo for future breeding

Show me what you've all got!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No one has a snake? Common peeps!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KC-P113-2699-image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	135051
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bleah
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Name:	SolidSnake1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	135066

Poor little guy, he's getting old.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    No one has a snake? Common peeps!
    I don't really have a snake as pet. What is so interesting to keep an one as pet?
    What was/were your reason/s for your decision?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cookie (normal Cornsnake) when he/she was younger (still not had it probed!)
    Much bigger now.. will be 2 in July.

Cleo my Royal Python, she'll be 2 in August.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I don't really have a snake as pet. What is so interesting to keep an one as pet?
    What was/were your reason/s for your decision?
    Not sure to be honest... Always had a strong interest in sea life and reptiles as a kid. Glued to the natural geographic channel whilst I grew up. I did want a shark but I just flooded my room and the shark got carpet burn so I had to sell it.

(Original post by her0n)
    Cookie (normal Cornsnake) when he/she was younger (still not had it probed!)
    Much bigger now.. will be 2 in July.

Cleo my Royal Python, she'll be 2 in August.
    Your corn doesn't look like a Normal/Carolina? It looks like a great plains rat snake or a hybrid of rat/corn snake?

Possibly a 'Rootbeer' which is a hybrid of Pantherophis Emoryi x Pantherophis Guttatus?

How's the Royal? I really fancy a Carpet Python, need to save up a few pennies first though and hopefully get him/her next pay day!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Who else has a snake(s)? Here's Dexter my 8 month old Hypomelanistic Corn:

Looking to get him a girlfriend soon, preferably het hypo for future breeding

Show me what you've all got!
    you smell
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Not sure to be honest... Always had a strong interest in sea life and reptiles as a kid (...)
    I see. Then are you interesting in other reptiles, crocodile or lizard for examples?
    Perhaps, are you interesting in prehistoric reptiles?

(Original post by Rybee)
    (...) I did want a shark but I just flooded my room and the shark got carpet burn so I had to sell it.
    Does that mean you have a shark as pet? :eek:
    Is it allowed to keep a shark as one? I don't know that it's possible. In real life sharks accomplish a size as far as 4 m, if they are full grown. The greatest shark, which people known, is the whale shark: The size is 14 m. Perhaps, sharks could adapt on their environment. Have sharks the ability to do this?
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have snakes. I also have ladders, as well:

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    This is probably the cutest a snake could get for me. Bit of a poser ain't he?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    This is probably the cutest a snake could get for me. Bit of a poser ain't he?
    Hehe thanks, I think this is my favourite pic, it was on the day I got him last year. Sitting in a hairspray lid..!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got excited, then realised this was posted in the animals + pets section...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Party By Myself)
    I got excited, then realised this was posted in the animals + pets section...
    Bit odd that you actively seek pictures of male genitalia on TSR, but hey ho.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a garter snake, but I don't have any pics unfortunately. Thinking about getting a corn snake or ball/royal python once I've finished uni though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    I have snakes. I also have ladders, as well:

This really made me laugh, I love the wittiness about you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 Snakes 1 hole

Name:	snakies.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	135830
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Your corn doesn't look like a Normal/Carolina? It looks like a great plains rat snake or a hybrid of rat/corn snake?

Possibly a 'Rootbeer' which is a hybrid of Pantherophis Emoryi x Pantherophis Guttatus?

How's the Royal? I really fancy a Carpet Python, need to save up a few pennies first though and hopefully get him/her next pay day!
    My corn in that photo is still a baby, so the colours haven't fully developed. I'll have to try and get a photo of him/her now. That said, it's deffo a corn. A friend from school manages the local reptile shop I go to. He's done a lot of study of herps at Uni etc, and has a massive breeding collection. He's very knowledgeable so I trust that he knows what he's stocking in the shop

The Royal is great, lovely temperament, never struck out at me. Only on a couple of occasions has she needed some encouragement feeding, but she's never actually refused to feed. She's active in the evenings although sometimes she'll do the standard royal thing of sleep/hide for days on end

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 19, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.