Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anorexia

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have suffered from Anorexia since I was 14 (am now 18) and I have received help from it, including counselling. But I feel like it has worn off and I am so scared I will slip back into old habits. Any advice on what I can do?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an expert in it, but I'd suggest maintaining therapy (even if only monthly) long term, to make sure that you're able to talk about it and then perhaps catch yourself if you start creeping back into it. Best of luck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey firstly - : hugs : i've suffered from the same thing for 5 years and i get how awful/confusing/worrying it can feel
    different stuff works for different people - but personally i've found building up a little network has really helped...
    a) my family - they don't pretend to really understand, but they let me know they care and are so lovely
    b) a few close friends - again - they don't make out they get it all - but they're always there for a hug or to help me take my mind of stuff
    c) therapist - really helping, can't stress it enough - i'd recommend finding someone whose not a "physical" doctor - don't get me wrong, i get that these guys are important - but someone who can chat/listen to the stuff in your head - and who has more of an understanding than most people and so will be able to offer advice that might help
    hope that helps and hope things work out for you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianLouise94)
    I have suffered from Anorexia since I was 14 (am now 18) and I have received help from it, including counselling. But I feel like it has worn off and I am so scared I will slip back into old habits. Any advice on what I can do?
    Definitely try and keep on with counselling, or if you are out of counselling try and begin to see somebody again, even if it's only once a month or something. Also Beat (The UK's leading ED charity) has message boards and a helpline that offer support to sufferer's - http://www.b-eat.co.uk/ ... or if your a university student see if your local uni has an SRSH group which run peer-support groups for those suffering from an eating disorder - http://studentrunselfhelp.weebly.com/

Take care, and please ask for help if you ever need it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_snail)
    Definitely try and keep on with counselling, or if you are out of counselling try and begin to see somebody again, even if it's only once a month or something. Also Beat (The UK's leading ED charity) has message boards and a helpline that offer support to sufferer's - http://www.b-eat.co.uk/ ... or if your a university student see if your local uni has an SRSH group which run peer-support groups for those suffering from an eating disorder - http://studentrunselfhelp.weebly.com/

Take care, and please ask for help if you ever need it
    Thank you so much, this helped loads!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianLouise94)
    Thank you so much, this helped loads!
    No problem I really hope things begin to get better soon and I'm always a private message away if you want to talk.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.