Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AVB sacked by Chelsea

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Inevitable?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    From BBC Football

BREAKING NEWS

Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked as Chelsea manager

thoughts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Roman may have actually wanted to keep him, but the dressing room was against him, results and preformance have been well below par for a while now, so he probably thought this was the best action he could take, particularly as there is a big chance they won't make top 4 if they keep playing like they are.
    Capello as a surprise replacement?
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a surprise...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just saw it on twitter. Inevitable indeed. How much did they pay for him? £15m or something?

If your going to appoint such a young manager you have to give him time..

Chelsea's impatience has cost them big time.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I knew you'd also make a thread on it

Inevitable I'd say. He never really had the respect of the players to make the drastic changes he tried to make. He could've been good with more experience, but his options have been much more limited compared with previous managers. Their squad just isn't as good as Roman thinks it is.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of Woy's days at Liverpool. The guy never stood a chance.

It's really pathetic, really. The player power at Chelsea is a major concern.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Andre Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."
    So player power sees off another manager. May as well give the job to Lampard and Terry :rolleyes:

What a joke of a club.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dammit. Beat me to it.

Bit unfair perhaps, but was innvetiably going to happen

Think getting rid of him, and having his replacement, is worse than keeping him. I was in the mind he would improve over the long term, should the players buck u their ideas, I put more blame on the players for any lackluster performances tbh. Not exactly like Chelsea are in a terrible position either, i can see this making it worse.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good news for Chelsea fans and good that it happened now. Where now for Chelsea? Lord knows, I think the Chelsea squad just aren't as good as they are made out to be. Hopefully, they get someone decent in and get back to their old selves.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a Chelsea fan, I am bitterly frustrated once again.
    I think he should have been given more time despite our poor form. The damage has been done for this season, who are we going to appoint now?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    who is going to be the replacement? :/

capello, benitez....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really surprised it took them this long to sack him. There has been Chelsea managers under Abramovich that have been sacked, who were doing far better than AVB.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)

I agree with everything you've said here, Fypo!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No surprise there then.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)

I agree. I felt sorry for Hodgson. AVB lacks experience and made a few mistakes, but Roman thinks throwing money around is going to solve his problems. The only way he could buy success is if he pays Mourinho to come back...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never any blame to the players for playing ****. Always the manager...

:facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And yet LFC and Blackburn are doing worse and their manager isn't sacked. When are they both going to get sacked? only deluded LFC fans want Kenny in only because he was a "legend" a CC win shouldn't be enough to keep a manager in.

So I think that it was a bad idea. Chelsea are not far from 4th, which is what they need I feel. I don't think Roberto can do much better for Chelsea tbh.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I expected this to come sooner tbh given the history from previous recent chelsea managers, and AVB has done by far the worst out of all of them.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Player power bites again at Chelsea - and surprise surprise, its the same bunch that got Scolari sacked. Yet these players won't be playing for too much longer, certainly not consistently at the top level.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 6, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.