Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
x

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

• One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

AVB sacked by Chelsea

Announcements Posted on
Rate your uni — help us build a league table based on real student views 19-08-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Inevitable?
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    From BBC Football

BREAKING NEWS

Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked as Chelsea manager

thoughts?
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I think Roman may have actually wanted to keep him, but the dressing room was against him, results and preformance have been well below par for a while now, so he probably thought this was the best action he could take, particularly as there is a big chance they won't make top 4 if they keep playing like they are.
    Capello as a surprise replacement?
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    There's a surprise...
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Just saw it on twitter. Inevitable indeed. How much did they pay for him? £15m or something?

If your going to appoint such a young manager you have to give him time..

Chelsea's impatience has cost them big time.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I knew you'd also make a thread on it

Inevitable I'd say. He never really had the respect of the players to make the drastic changes he tried to make. He could've been good with more experience, but his options have been much more limited compared with previous managers. Their squad just isn't as good as Roman thinks it is.
  7. Offline

Reminds me of Woy's days at Liverpool. The guy never stood a chance.

It's really pathetic, really. The player power at Chelsea is a major concern.
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Dammit. Beat me to it.

Bit unfair perhaps, but was innvetiably going to happen

Think getting rid of him, and having his replacement, is worse than keeping him. I was in the mind he would improve over the long term, should the players buck u their ideas, I put more blame on the players for any lackluster performances tbh. Not exactly like Chelsea are in a terrible position either, i can see this making it worse.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Good news for Chelsea fans and good that it happened now. Where now for Chelsea? Lord knows, I think the Chelsea squad just aren't as good as they are made out to be. Hopefully, they get someone decent in and get back to their old selves.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    As a Chelsea fan, I am bitterly frustrated once again.
    I think he should have been given more time despite our poor form. The damage has been done for this season, who are we going to appoint now?
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    who is going to be the replacement? :/

capello, benitez....
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm really surprised it took them this long to sack him. There has been Chelsea managers under Abramovich that have been sacked, who were doing far better than AVB.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)

I agree with everything you've said here, Fypo!
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    No surprise there then.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)

I agree. I felt sorry for Hodgson. AVB lacks experience and made a few mistakes, but Roman thinks throwing money around is going to solve his problems. The only way he could buy success is if he pays Mourinho to come back...
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Never any blame to the players for playing ****. Always the manager...

:facepalm2:
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    And yet LFC and Blackburn are doing worse and their manager isn't sacked. When are they both going to get sacked? only deluded LFC fans want Kenny in only because he was a "legend" a CC win shouldn't be enough to keep a manager in.

So I think that it was a bad idea. Chelsea are not far from 4th, which is what they need I feel. I don't think Roberto can do much better for Chelsea tbh.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I expected this to come sooner tbh given the history from previous recent chelsea managers, and AVB has done by far the worst out of all of them.
  19. Offline

Player power bites again at Chelsea - and surprise surprise, its the same bunch that got Scolari sacked. Yet these players won't be playing for too much longer, certainly not consistently at the top level.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that think he should of been given to the end of the season at least?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 6, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

What uni's really like

Chill those freshers fears...

Poll
Would you date a smoker?
x

Looking for some help?

Ask our friendly student community a question

Ask a question now

Or get help from our smart tools and guides

GCSE help A-level help Uni application help Everything else
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.