The Student Room Group

Are guys better looking than girls???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Id and Ego seek
False.

Women do. The TSR ladies at the Fashion and Beauty forum educated me about this a while ago.

Women have more skin collagen but less oil so therefore less shine and vibrant skin which calls for the use of makeup right?
I'd have to say I'm prefering the ladies in terms of attractiveness but then again I'm Heterosexual
nah most of us are butt-ugly
Original post by JDO9700
Women have more skin collagen but less oil so therefore less shine and vibrant skin which calls for the use of makeup right?

Are you telling me or asking me? Are you a practicing dermatologist? :O

I'm not because I thought women produced more oil; I always thought women were more prone to oily-skin than men.

Do educate me, as this is quite interesting
We're used to seeing females with make-up and so they look worse without it. Make-up makes everyone look better because it emphasises good bits and hides the bad bits. We would think men looked better wearing make-up too if it was socially acceptable for them to do so.
Reply 25
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Are you telling me or asking me? Are you a practicing dermatologist? :O

I'm not because I thought women produced more oil; I always thought women were more prone to oily-skin than men.

Do educate me, as this is quite interesting

Basically I have always known that men produce DHT hormone which enlarges sweat glands in the skin therefore producing more sweat and sebum(oil). Whereas women don't have nearly as much DHT as men so have smaller sweat glands in the skin. Just look at a bald mans head lol that will give you your answer, bald men have most dht. When you see with women with oily/sweaty skin it is usually artificial moisturizer.
Original post by runtoyou
I mean, think about it...we're all beautiful, but let's face it, sometimes us girls look like crap and need to put on make up. Sometimes we need make up to make ourselves look better. But men don't wear make up, they can roll out of bed and not do a thing to themselves and still look sexy/hot/good looking... women on the other hand rely on makeup to be hot.... ah!
so i guess a good looking guy is better looking than a good looking girl...

Which leads to the question...are guys just naturally better looking than girls? =O

While I appreciate female beauty, men are captivating to me. I looove thick, manly legs, hair and all. Big hands, strong jawlines, broad shoulders. And stubble. No woman on this planet could rock stubble..

Men don't wear make up coz it wud look gay. Women don't have stubble bcoz it would look hideous. So....it balances out. So from where does the question come to your head op?
It's not because we look naturally worse without makeup, it's just because we're not used to it. Every single female in the media wears makeup and most girls who are considered 'really hot' by the public do wear makeup. Not all, of course.

However, I often see guys with really nice skin and notice that most girls who wear makeup often look washed out without it. Probably the makeup is damaging our skin somehow - it also blocks out the sun.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by runtoyou
And stubble. No woman on this planet could rock stubble..

In much the same way as men will never quite look `that` good, with 36 DD's....:wink:
We're all beautiful. Every single one of us. Peace out, homies.
Reply 30
Original post by ShredMaster
We're all beautiful. Every single one of us. Peace out, homies.

Dont sit on the fence!! :wink:
Reply 31
I don't know, I'd say in the mornings girls can actually look really nice, though they tend not to agree.

I look rough as a badger's arse in the morning, until I have a shower then :colonhash:

But it you are judging this by what you see on TV lets not forget, all men on the screen will also be wearing some form of make up.
Reply 32
Original post by kaylafrances
no how stupid
what a silly question

hahaha you sound just like a disapproving posh person trying to be polite
They still wipe their arse like the rest of us.
Original post by Alexandra's Box

Anyway, a quick Google revealed that 'attractive women are more likely to have baby girls' so the more attractive babies are more likely to be girls...
Is true!

Quick biology lesson, the sex of the baby is determined by the male.
Male is XY
Female is XX.
Or it could be that "attractive women" attract certain type of men that are more likely to produce a baby girl. Lol.
Reply 35
Original post by IndianDancer
Well yes but no man can rock boobs either.

:laugh:

<3 x
Reply 36
could this BE more subjective?
Reply 37
Girls look much better than guys any day. This is basically a thread asking for your orientation more than anything else.
Yes

And I made a thread on this which got deleted.

I presume by a female mod.
I think girls are alot better lookinglol

Quick Reply