Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are guys better looking than girls???

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's because society demands girl look perfect all the time. Any magazine will tell you that.
    For men, thats different entirely, if they are clever and have money, people don't care less what they look like.
    If a girl is pretty then thats already a life's achievement, as Daisy says in The great Gatsbry, 'I hope my daughter is born a pretty fool, that's the best thing she can be.'
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizmo)
    Some are, some aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some males who use concealers etc if I'm being perfectly honest.
    apparently a guy in my school uses foundation
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude)
    Quick biology lesson, the sex of the baby is determined by the male.
    Male is XY
    Female is XX.
    Or it could be that "attractive women" attract certain type of men that are more likely to produce a baby girl. Lol.
    Possibly. Studies have shown that women with higher levels of testosterone are more likely to have boys, due to higher levels of the hormone present in the uterus during development. Women with lower testosterone levels would likely have more "feminine" traits; bigger breasts, higher hip:waist ratio, softer features and such.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    no way. have you ever noticed that the guys who are considered particularly good looking tend to be feminine looking?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even an average girl can take my eye. No make-up, everyday clothes, but young and slim can be so attractive. The gay in me needs a guy to be awesome before I look and think 'handsome b*****d'. He'd probably need to be spending 3hrs a day in the gym, and would be so vain he'd actually be ugly, whereas the natural beauty of the 'girl next door' is so appealing.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walter Ego)
    Even an average girl can take my eye. No make-up, everyday clothes, but young and slim can be so attractive. The gay in me needs a guy to be awesome before I look and think 'handsome b*****d'. He'd probably need to be spending 3hrs a day in the gym, and would be so vain he'd actually be ugly, whereas the natural beauty of the 'girl next door' is so appealing.
    No matter how much you try to deny it and act all objective, the reason why you say that is because you're straight. I'm sure girls will say the vice versa of what you're saying.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically this is all about perception. Everyone is used to seeing girls with make up, so when they're without it we think "wow, she isn't as pretty as I thought". So we set a much higher standard for girls than boys, and if girls fall below their standard we percieve them as ugly. This is caused by make up. And because guys don't wear make up we all acknowledge their natural beauty if they're good looking. Thus because of their lower standard of which they're judged on, it doesn't take as much aesthetically, for a guy to be considered handsome. But I guarantee if make up didn't exist we'd all believe girls without it are just as good looking as guys.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude)
    Quick biology lesson, the sex of the baby is determined by the male.
    Male is XY
    Female is XX.
    Or it could be that "attractive women" attract certain type of men that are more likely to produce a baby girl. Lol.
    :yep:
    I know... but it said -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kanazawa believes that parents tend to produce children who benefit from their own attributes. Beauty, he says, is of more benefit to a woman than a man, and so it pays for attractive women to have daughters.

But couples blessed with strength and aggression rather than looks are better off having boys, as these characteristics are of more use to males, the study says.

I have only had GCSE Biology so yeah

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 5, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.