Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only one who thinks Mario Balotelli is an absolute goon?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're getting negs because probably because, who even uses the word "goon" apart from 12> year olds :laugh:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    The FA couldn't impose a ban because the referee saw the challenge. So go blame Fifa. I'm a united fan yes.
    So if the ref saw the challenge and didn't impose a ban, surely that means the ref is biased? And that brings me neatly back to my original point about refs and Fifa etc favouring the Manchester teams. :rolleyes: Because you are a narrow-minded United fan there is too much red misty-**** in front of your eyes for you to concede that more often than not refs tend to favour you. How often are penalties given against United, particularly at Old Trafford? Hardly ever. Yet how many are United awarded? Too many. You have had so many cheats down the years it is not a joke - Ronaldo being the worst example, and a big a goon as Balotelli IMHO. And how about when you ended our 49-match unbeaten run in 2004? We should have had a penalty and Giggs sent off, yet Rooney's dive would have won Olympic Gold, Campbell never touched the cheating Shrek-featured git, yet the ref still gave a penalty. Bias? Absolutely.

Yes, United are one of the finest teams in the world, and will win the title AGAIN this year (God, how boring this is getting!!) Yet if the refs were to stop giving United players a penalty for blatant dives, then it is very debatable whether you would win half of what you would.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbellringer)
    So if the ref saw the challenge and didn't impose a ban, surely that means the ref is biased? And that brings me neatly back to my original point about refs and Fifa etc favouring the Manchester teams. :rolleyes: Because you are a narrow-minded United fan there is too much red misty-**** in front of your eyes for you to concede that more often than not refs tend to favour you. How often are penalties given against United, particularly at Old Trafford? Hardly ever. Yet how many are United awarded? Too many. You have had so many cheats down the years it is not a joke - Ronaldo being the worst example, and a big a goon as Balotelli IMHO. And how about when you ended our 49-match unbeaten run in 2004? We should have had a penalty and Giggs sent off, yet Rooney's dive would have won Olympic Gold, Campbell never touched the cheating Shrek-featured git, yet the ref still gave a penalty. Bias? Absolutely.

Yes, United are one of the finest teams in the world, and will win the title AGAIN this year (God, how boring this is getting!!) Yet if the refs were to stop giving United players a penalty for blatant dives, then it is very debatable whether you would win half of what you would.
    Yawn, we get more penalties because we are always in the oppositions box, and they are hardly in ours.

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/tables
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don Mario Balotelli is a legend
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yet if the refs were to stop giving United players a penalty for blatant dives, then it is very debatable whether you would win half of what you would.
    Bla bla bla bla bla

This boring rambling really does get pathetic.

Do people enjoy just ignoring facts and accusing United of buying refs, cheating, being in their favour and all this or are you really just that bored you have nothing else to do?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zangoose)
    bringing shame to such a gentlemanly sport.
    :rofl:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Bla bla bla bla bla

This boring rambling really does get pathetic.

Do people enjoy just ignoring facts and accusing United of buying refs, cheating, being in their favour and all this or are you really just that bored you have nothing else to do?
    Ignnoring facts? Isnt it blatant that every time United are losing, the ref adds on 5 minutes plus of stoppage time, yet when they are winning, significantly less? Personally I think that Fergie is slipping a few backhands to the refs; unfortunately I cannot back this up.

"Since the 1998-99 season Riley has awarded two penalties against Manchester United and 11 in their favour" (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_p...chester_united) - What does that tell me?!?!

http://www.myfootballforum.com/showthread.php?t=42867

ANd what about when Ferguson questioned Alan Wiley's fitness after a dire performance against Sunderland? Wiley ran the 7th furthest distance on the pitch that day!! Good manager though he is, FErgie I do believe is a cheat. You can disagree and neg but I dont give a wotsit. After all, I bet you are another narrow-minded United fan who thinks their team is just absolutely perfect...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zangoose)

This young man here, is nothing but an ill-mannered oaf, bringing shame to such a gentlemanly sport.
    lolwut?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

"Since the 1998-99 season Riley has awarded two penalties against Manchester United and 11 in their favour" (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_p...chester_united) - What does that tell me?!?
    It tells you Manchester United are better defensively and better offensively than other teams? Very simple.

Been done to death and frankly it is getting really pathetic now.

United dont get any more favourable decisions than other teams, once you factored in the dominance they have had both offensively and defensively (even when not the best in season for it) the stats look perfectly normal. This has been proven by many statistics and facts from both this season and others. But i guess you want to completely ignore this right?

You are a sad victim of both the cherry picking fallacy and confirmation bias
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Yawn, we get more penalties because we are always in the oppositions box, and they are hardly in ours.

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/tables
    Yawn, it is Manchester United, with the luck of the devils, and one for a manager too. OK, so you are in opposition boxes more. BUT you also throw yourselves down more. Oh look, a gust of wind, lets hope it doesnt blow too hard else Hernandez might topple over.

And what about that thug Vidic's challenges? In the CArling Cup final against VIlla a couple of years back, Vidic should have been sent off. Twice. Yet that ref had 40 pounds of **** in his eyes. Twice. Again. Then you have the nerve to claim that there is no bias towards you?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...hit-house.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rling-Cup.html
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    It tells you Manchester United are better defensively and better offensively than other teams? Very simple.

Been done to death and frankly it is getting really pathetic now.

United dont get any more favourable decisions than other teams once you factored in their more attacking playstyle . This has been proven by many statistics and facts from both this season and others.

Go be a sad troll somewhere else.
    If I was a sa troll I would be a Man UTd supporter, with my hero as the thug Vidic.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yawn, it is Manchester United, with the luck of the devils, and one for a manager too. OK, so you are in opposition boxes more. BUT you also throw yourselves down more. Oh look, a gust of wind, lets hope it doesnt blow too hard else Hernandez might topple over..
    /yawn

Cherry picking fallacy

Confirmation bias

Done and done.

Now stop spamming, you are embarrassing yourself.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

He's very talented and has amazing potential but his attitude stinks. Not only is it detrimental to him but also the team; he really needs to grow up.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.