The Student Room Group

Which MSc to choose?

I am heading to get a master degree in the UK this year. I come from China. What is more, my hometown is also the panda's hometown. I can see panda in our city park everyday.

I have got two offers, one is the university of warwick (MSc in Economics), the other is the university of St. Andrews (MSc in Money, Banking & Finance)

Which is better? Could u give me some advice? Thx very much!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In addition, I have touched the two pandas which are in Edinburgh. If possible, I wanna see them again when I go to the UK.
Reply 2
Maybe an MSc in Animal Studies would suit you better seeing as you're panda-ring for these pandas. :bl:
Reply 3
Don't be sheepish and tell us why you're so interested in touching pandas? :cookie:
Reply 4
Well, it's a nice tourist catchphrase, but I think pandas generally prefer the wild to cities.

On your question, Warwick.
Reply 5
Yeah Warwick I'd say is probably better. Besides, I'm sure you can get a chance to get a train up to Edinburgh to see the pandas :smile:
Reply 6
Warwick - strictly economics...if that's what you're looking for
Reply 7
Warwick. Now tell us more about these pandas :biggrin:
Reply 8
Warwick.
Reply 9
you have something with animals, don't you?......I mean, for your username....pandas.....:biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by aeterno
Don't be sheepish and tell us why you're so interested in touching pandas? :cookie:

to be honest, I hate panda. Maybe many people think pandas are cute animals.

before I touched them, I imagined that their hair must be soft just like the panda toys on my sister's bed. But, in fact, their hair are very very tough and hard. what is more, at last time I played with them, one of them clawed me.

so, I wanna go to Edinburgh to beat the one! :biggrin:
Reply 11
go for it blacksheep....:angry:

all the best with your decision.
Reply 12
Original post by Vindobona
Warwick. Now tell us more about these pandas :biggrin:

Pandas are very lazy animals. In China, I think they are the happiest.

Government spends 10,000,000 pounds every year. Pandas have house to live, they do not worry where to find food because people will give them.

How about the poor in China, they have no room even in winter!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by sj27
Well, it's a nice tourist catchphrase, but I think pandas generally prefer the wild to cities.

On your question, Warwick.

I can sure that pandas can not live without people. If we did not save them, they died out 10 years ago. In wild, there is not enough food for them.
Reply 14
Original post by blacksheep
I can sure that pandas can not live without people. If we did not save them, they died out 10 years ago. In wild, there is not enough food for them.

Oh please. If it wasn't for people they wouldn't be endangered in the first place!
Reply 15
Warwick... I also had an offer from Warwick.
Reply 16
Original post by blacksheep
I am heading to get a master degree in the UK this year. I come from China. What is more, my hometown is also the panda's hometown. I can see panda in our city park everyday.

I have got two offers, one is the university of warwick (MSc in Economics), the other is the university of St. Andrews (MSc in Money, Banking & Finance)

Which is better? Could u give me some advice? Thx very much!!!

Hi do you mind sharing your academic background, like did you get a 2:1 from a respectable uni or something? i am also on track to 2:1 coz i heard that warwick is very competitive.
but if i were you, i would choose warwick...its better!
Thanks! (:
Reply 17
Adding 'panda proximity' to 'duck density' on the ultimate league table wishlist... :wink:
Reply 18
It depends on your career path. Judging from the two courses you applied, you are probably very into the finance sector.

If so, you have to be very careful with the degree structure e.g.modules, as economics and finance are very different.
Reply 19
Original post by ariesxxx
Hi do you mind sharing your academic background, like did you get a 2:1 from a respectable uni or something? i am also on track to 2:1 coz i heard that warwick is very competitive.
but if i were you, i would choose warwick...its better!
Thanks! (:

I got a 2:1 degree. In China, warwick is also many students' dream school. But, it is easier for you to get an offer from warwick. Because English is not our first language. So, you should be confident.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending