The Student Room Group

year 1 results

hey i just got back my first assessed essay and exam for Englsih literature year 1. i got a 67 (2.1) in the essay and a 70 in the exam (scraping a 1st (70 is the boundary:redface: )) i tried really really hard though, particularly for the essay, and i thought the first essay was supposed to be easiest. so now im worried that there is no real chance of getting a first in English. Do your marks generally improve in year 2 or are your year 1 marks a pretty good indication of marks to come particularly if u tried your hardest
Reply 1
who knows. if you can get marks like that at this stage, then there's all the chance that you could keep on performing at that level or get better. i have little experience or statistical knowledge on how greatly a student can improve over the three years of the degree, but it does seem that the whole thing, if done properly, is sort of like laying down building blocks and building upwards. and with scores like that, i'd guess that you're on a decently solid foundation.
Well done. Keep it up for the 2nd and 3rd years.
Does your first year count towards yuor degree then?
Reply 4
You did better than me! I got 63 for the exam, and 65 for the essay. I was looking at all the marks though, and most people seemed to get in the 50's and 60's, hardly anyone got 70+ so you did really well!
Reply 5
Well done! You're all around the same mark area, which is good.

I had a huge difference between my assessed essay and my exam - 61 in my assessed essay and 73 in my exam... ?!!???!

Latest

Trending

Trending