The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Southampton BM4 course! :smile:
Original post by Type1_Neuro
Offer from Southampton BM4 course! :smile:

Wow! Congrats, you must have had an amazing PS. :smile:
Original post by Cattree
Fill it in online. It'll tell you that you'll get nothing. Submit the application anyway and it then gets seen by a real person. Took about 3 days to get my application approved online with the right amounts, then received the contract through the post a few days later. Easy.

Hey, this may be a stupid question but.... did you fill it in for post-grad or just under-grad? because when i try for post-grad it just says it isnt possible and there is no option to submit anything??? ahhhh i'm so confused! x
Original post by medschoolapplicant
Hey, this may be a stupid question but.... did you fill it in for post-grad or just under-grad? because when i try for post-grad it just says it isnt possible and there is no option to submit anything??? ahhhh i'm so confused! x

It'll be undergrad as it's a undergraduate course :smile:
hey guys; for anybody planning on going to manchester be sure to join the grad facebook group :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/190569604388089/
Reply 185
Nothing from Warwick. Second round of Offers supposed To be out today.
Original post by Annora
Nothing from Warwick. Second round of Offers supposed To be out today.

on NMM it said that stuff will mainly happen as of next week the 27th as theres a meeting tomorrow with head of admissions... I'm still waiting too, not holding onto much hope currently!
Reply 187
Original post by lcsurfer
on NMM it said that stuff will mainly happen as of next week the 27th as theres a meeting tomorrow with head of admissions... I'm still waiting too, not holding onto much hope currently!

:frown: I was hoping we'd know by today
Original post by Ellie_M
:frown: I was hoping we'd know by today

Me too! here is the email that I've copied and pasted from NMM....

"as for emails from WMS admissions, this is the exact email received from Ann Malczewski.

Thank you for your email. The majority of the offers have now been sent out..
Depending on the uptake of these offers, some further offers may be made before the
end of this month. The remaining applicants will either be invited to go on a
waiting list for an offer or be rejected.

The Director of Admissions is currently abroad on business and so we anticipate that
'unsuccessful' decisions will start appearing on UCAS by Tuesday 27 March once she
has met with the Deputy Director of Admissions on the 22 March. Invites to go on
the waiting list for an offer will also go out around this time.

Sorry not to have any definite news for you.

I hope that clears up any confusion."
Reply 189
Me too! here is the email that I've copied and pasted from NMM....

"as for emails from WMS admissions, this is the exact email received from Ann Malczewski.

Thank you for your email. The majority of the offers have now been sent out..
Depending on the uptake of these offers, some further offers may be made before the
end of this month. The remaining applicants will either be invited to go on a
waiting list for an offer or be rejected.

The Director of Admissions is currently abroad on business and so we anticipate that
'unsuccessful' decisions will start appearing on UCAS by Tuesday 27 March once she
has met with the Deputy Director of Admissions on the 22 March. Invites to go on
the waiting list for an offer will also go out around this time.

Sorry not to have any definite news for you.

I hope that clears up any confusion."

Thanks, doesn't sound very encouraging though does it? I'm almost waiting for a rejection at this point.
Original post by Ellie_M
Thanks, doesn't sound very encouraging though does it? I'm almost waiting for a rejection at this point.

Me too... planing around it and thinking about applying next year...
Does anyone know if southampton/cambridge will accept people who have got a degree but studying a Chemistry A level in a year? (as in next year)
Me too... planing around it and thinking about applying next year...
Does anyone know if southampton/cambridge will accept people who have got a degree but studying a Chemistry A level in a year? (as in next year)

I think Cambridge are very keen on graduates having lots and lots of Science A-levels. Especially non-science grads.
Original post by byebyebadman
I think Cambridge are very keen on graduates having lots and lots of Science A-levels. Especially non-science grads.

Cool, i already have maths electronics and biology (be it not fantastic grades BBD).. Probably wont apply to cambridge just looking at other options really
Original post by apotoftea
It'll be undergrad as it's a undergraduate course :smile:

Thankyou! so just fill in the student finance stuff online for undergrad? I still dont really get how post grad med is an undergrad course!!!! x
Original post by medschoolapplicant
Thankyou! so just fill in the student finance stuff online for undergrad? I still dont really get how post grad med is an undergrad course!!!! x

Technically its not post grad. Post grad is Masters, PhD etc, its an undergraduate course because its a Bachelor's degree. The course is a graduate entry undergraduate course.

Hope that helps..
Original post by select the right name
Technically its not post grad. Post grad is Masters, PhD etc, its an undergraduate course because its a Bachelor's degree. The course is a graduate entry undergraduate course.

Hope that helps..

Yes that helps thankyou!!!!!! i HATE student finance, they make it so confusing to do anything! x
Reply 196
i completed my application online, which said i was eligible for £0.00 but going with what an earlier post suggested, i submitted it anyway and waited for a real person to review it.... Anyway my letter came through yesterday, confirming that i was eligible for £0.00 and to please sign the letter in order to be able to receive my £0.00.

Looks like another hour on the phone to student finance. This is fun.
Reply 197
Hey guys, I was wondering If anyone has some suggestions on books I should read up on regarding GEM?

Is there any books that will act as a good guide, specifically made for Graduates?

Anything really, will +rep :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by doctor.
hey guys, i was wo.deri.g if anyo.e has so.e suggedtikns on books i should read up regarding gem?

Is there any books that will act as a gokd guide, specifically made for graduates?

Anything really, will +rep :h

english.jpg

:s
Reply 199
Original post by digitalis
english.jpg

:s

That what I get for trying to write from a Phone :facepalm:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending