The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DSB
Please tell me if I am wrong to post here but I have a few questions if any of you have the time to answer :smile:

I 'hope' to attempt the GEP after I finish a degree IT/Business related, do you think that I would be looked down on and also would A-Levels be taken into account.

Thank you all, and good luck with your course!

Some Universities claim they do not take A Levels into account. I would recommend doing your own research in advance of applying.
Reply 21
Original post by DSB
Please tell me if I am wrong to post here but I have a few questions if any of you have the time to answer :smile:

I 'hope' to attempt the GEP after I finish a degree IT/Business related, do you think that I would be looked down on and also would A-Levels be taken into account.

Thank you all, and good luck with your course!

I've just gained an offer from Newcastle with the following:

A-Levels:

Maths

Further Maths

Chemistry

Theatre Studies

Degree:

2:1 in Maths and Computer Science

So, I don't think an IT degree would be detrimental. Hell, I've no biology at all and have still managed to get a place!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Thank you all very much.
Original post by HLS
I believe so :smile:

Oh that's a relief! I won't have to sell a kidney now........
Reply 24
Anyone know when we'll hear back from swansea?
I just got my official Warwick rejection through on track. I wonder if that means all you people who were interviewed will get news any time soon?

I'm a bit annoyed at them, actually, because Swansea (theoretically) might start sending out offers any day now. So I get an email from track and fly into the standard panic, only to find it was old news. My stress levels don't need it, Warwick, you hear?!
Original post by Emerald Rose
I just got my official Warwick rejection through on track. I wonder if that means all you people who were interviewed will get news any time soon?

I'm a bit annoyed at them, actually, because Swansea (theoretically) might start sending out offers any day now. So I get an email from track and fly into the standard panic, only to find it was old news. My stress levels don't need it, Warwick, you hear?!

Thank you for letting us know! I hope it's tomorrow!

I hope Swansea gives you the news you want to hear :smile:
Reply 27
Passing this message on from a post on the Save GEM FB group:

"Given them [Warwick] a ring. Was told that they've received all the positive applications (i.e. those who'll be getting an offer) and they'll be sending out emails possibly today, but more likely from tomorrow til the beginning of next week."
Reply 28

What were you applying with? :eek:
Original post by DSB
What were you applying with? :eek:

You mean my grades? 667.5 Ukcat, predicted 2.1 in Biomedical Science. Also 65 Gamsat and AAABab at A-level. Rejected from the waiting list because my Ukcat wasn't good enough :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone expecting Warwick news! Fingers crossed for you all!
does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for Imperial GEM? I've tried looking but haven't had any luck.
Reply 31
You mean my grades? 667.5 Ukcat, predicted 2.1 in Biomedical Science. Also 65 Gamsat and AAABab at A-level. Rejected from the waiting list because my Ukcat wasn't good enough :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone expecting Warwick news! Fingers crossed for you all!

All the best next time :wink:
Original post by DSB
All the best next time :wink:

:smile: Thank you - although I rather hope that Nottingham or Swansea realise I am in fact the best thing since sliced bread and send an offer my way, and there won't need to be a next time!
Original post by whiteanenome
does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for Imperial GEM? I've tried looking but haven't had any luck.

I couldn't find one either!
Reply 34
Original post by chrisjar

"Given them [Warwick] a ring. Was told that they've received all the positive applications (i.e. those who'll be getting an offer) and they'll be sending out emails possibly today, but more likely from tomorrow til the beginning of next week."

thank you!
Im niw going ti be checking my emails all the time as of tomorrow!
So nervous now
Reply 35
Also whats the link to that fb group?

OMG! Let's hope it's today!!
Reply 37

hope that means barts too.... i thought i'd calmed down the last few days but now i'm checking obsessively again!
Reply 38
Any idea how warwick and barts would notify people of an offer or rejection?
Reply 39
Original post by kramz786
Any idea how warwick and barts would notify people of an offer or rejection?

Warwick told us we'd hear through Track. Not sure about Barts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending