Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is awful, how can they be so slow that only a sprinkling of people have be notified of offers, no rejections that i can see yet! Sitting here thinking if there are no rejections yet then im probs getting a rejection as they'll let everyone know who got in first! AAAAAHHHHHHH stressful! :-S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    Its not done alphabetically
    my surname is on the latter end,
    I think its done by how awesome you did at the interview
    hu·mil·i·ty

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adsyrah)
    hu·mil·i·ty

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing.
    i was only joking mate!!!!!!!! Congrats on newcastle btw. Whats your first choice?

I apologise to all those that took offence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

I'll ask before anyone else does...

What's the first letter of your surname?
    H
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, is Track down for anyone else?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord, I'm getting too keen on track:

Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My track isnt down but it says updated 8th March under the updated column for Barts but says nothing under the 'decision' column!! hmm...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marinacles)
    Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.
    Same here.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, congratulations those of you with offers for Warwick! To those of you who are still waiting stay positive, i know that is alot easier to say than actaully do being in your position last year, but as you prob can tell offers do come out very slowly.

So you know im a current Warwick Medic and we have set up a facebook group so that people currently holding offers can meet each other before you all start and ask any burning question you might have to us current first years. Its found under Warwick GEP 2012. And again to those still waiting stay positive.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    i was only joking mate!!!!!!!! Congrats on newcastle btw. Whats your first choice?

I apologise to all those that took offence.
    Lol, I know you were!

Cheers re. Newcastle! Warwick and Newcastle are both neck and neck, really - each one has it pros and cons for me. Trying not to make a decision before I know what (if any!) choice I have...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzy_blonde)
    Hey guys, congratulations those of you with offers for Warwick! To those of you who are still waiting stay positive, i know that is alot easier to say than actaully do being in your position last year, but as you prob can tell offers do come out very slowly.

So you know im a current Warwick Medic and we have set up a facebook group so that people currently holding offers can meet each other before you all start and ask any burning question you might have to us current first years. Its found under Warwick GEP 2012. And again to those still waiting stay positive.

Hi!

Out of interest - is there an official offer holder day run by the uni?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MediterraneanX)
    Hi all - congrats on your offers so far! Is anybody able to point me to a clear and concise portal of information regarding the GEP fees and NHS bursaries etc - I keep hearing such different things!
    Yeah nottinghams pages is really clear. I used it to get my parents to understand after 18months of trying to explain it to them.
    Then you can follow links if things like low income or dependents applies to you.
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/students...eetfor2012.pdf

Obviously ignore the extra help from nottingham bit!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilo891)
    Yeah nottinghams pages is really clear. I used it to get my parents to understand after 18months of trying to explain it to them.
    Then you can follow links if things like low income or dependents applies to you.
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/students...eetfor2012.pdf

Obviously ignore the extra help from nottingham bit!

GEM students are eligible for the core bursary from Nottingham, you just have to be a home student, it says nothing about being a first degree student. I got it in my first year, came in really handy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no news from Warwick.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    Still no news from Warwick.
    Still with you on that one!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
    GEM students are eligible for the core bursary from Nottingham, you just have to be a home student, it says nothing about being a first degree student. I got it in my first year, came in really handy.
    I think it's good when uni's don't discriminate between people with a degree or without. Sorry, I meant ignore it if you're just using it for general info.... obviously don't ignore it if you'll be heading to nottingham!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Out of interest - is there an official offer holder day run by the uni?
    Yup, there is another open day for offer holders. Last year, it was in July so I imagine it will be the same/very similar this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is the fees/loans situation for graduates? I've looked around but different sources say different things. i.e Whats the situation for graduates on the 4 year course? and whats the situation for graduates on the 5 year course?

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm out for this years cycle! Good luck to all you other grads!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sp19)
    what is the fees/loans situation for graduates? I've looked around but different sources say different things. i.e Whats the situation for graduates on the 4 year course? and whats the situation for graduates on the 5 year course?

thanks
    Look about 7 posts up for a good link...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 26, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.