The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by groovyangel2008
I think Im going to fill out a paper copy of the student finance form, anyone know where I can get this?

After speaking to someone as SLC on the phone yesterday, he sent me a copy via email. I'm not sure if it's available online.
Original post by adsyrah
After speaking to someone as SLC on the phone yesterday, he sent me a copy via email. I'm not sure if it's available online.

Ok thanks so you would recommend that I call?
Reply 162

See my previous posts and you'll notice I've been having a couple of issues with SLC - I'm not the most impartial person to ask!

It's probably worth ringing them as I was told a paper application will supercede anything online. Plus, as with most of Direct.gov, the online application is just abysmal. I'm a web developer by trade and their online systems simply aren't fit for purpose.
Reply 163
Still nothing from Warwick!

Have any post-interview rejections come out yet?
Reply 164
Offer from leicester gep this morning, I won't be accepting but nice to know im wanted!
Reply 165
Original post by Annora
Still nothing from Warwick!

Have any post-interview rejections come out yet?

Same here, as far as I can see there haven't been any rejections yet...which makes me more nervous. Although someone else on this thread said that Warwick would be sending out a further batch of offers on the 21st. I don't know what to think anymore :confused:
Reply 166
Sounds like they're waiting for people to withdraw then give out remaining offers and waiting list places.
Reply 167

I tried calling just to find out my old customer number. Since it is so automated and you can't go back from a menu if it turns out you selected the wrong one, and they direct you to their website every 3secs, be prepared to wait it out.

I tried to fill it in online, got the standard response of £0 eligibility, and simply cannot be bothered right now to do the whole phone call thing again!
I know that's just be being lazy :redface:
Let me know if you have any luck!
Reply 168
Original post by lilo891
I tried calling just to find out my old customer number. Since it is so automated and you can't go back from a menu if it turns out you selected the wrong one, and they direct you to their website every 3secs, be prepared to wait it out.

I tried to fill it in online, got the standard response of £0 eligibility, and simply cannot be bothered right now to do the whole phone call thing again!
I know that's just be being lazy :redface:
Let me know if you have any luck!

Fill it in online. It'll tell you that you'll get nothing. Submit the application anyway and it then gets seen by a real person. Took about 3 days to get my application approved online with the right amounts, then received the contract through the post a few days later. Easy.
Original post by Annora
Sounds like they're waiting for people to withdraw then give out remaining offers and waiting list places.

Yeah sounds like thats what is happening... nottingham arent interviewing until the end of this month which is irritating! next week will be stressful!
Reply 170
Original post by lcsurfer
Yeah sounds like thats what is happening... nottingham arent interviewing until the end of this month which is irritating! next week will be stressful!

Here's hoping the people who don't want their offers let Warwick know quickly so there's more for those of us still waiting :biggrin:
Reply 171
Went on a snowboarding weekend for my future brother-in-law's stag. Cracked my head going at around 15-20mph and got concussion. It's been 4 days; I've still got a cracking headache my left (writing) hand is tingling/numb and I feel like vomiting.

Not exactly the best thing that could happen with the GAMSAT in a week and a bit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 172
Its a rejection from southampton for me :-( really wanted to go there, but feeling slightly better that because they don't interview they aren't rejecting me for me, but on a purely academic basis.

On an aside, how can you tell if someone will be a good doctor if you don't BLOODY INTERVIEW! grrrrr anyway i'm just waiting for nottingham interview and then we'll wait and see the result, if all else fails Warwick want me :-)

Anyone else heard from Soton?

xxx
good luck... well done on warwick, im still desperately waiting for an offer off warwick even though that light is diminishing fast.
Just had the joy of being told with 6 weeks to spare my dissertation needs to be started again so not a happy customer at the moment!
I know a few people have been rejected by soton...
stupid question alert; on the student finance form should i be entering parents earnings before or after tax?
Reply 175
Which are the most competitive grad med schools, or are they all the same?
Original post by Oggz
Which are the most competitive grad med schools, or are they all the same?

I'd say Southampton, but only because they don't interview so the odds are incredibly small. They're all competitive though.
Reply 177
Original post by Cattree
Fill it in online. It'll tell you that you'll get nothing. Submit the application anyway and it then gets seen by a real person. Took about 3 days to get my application approved online with the right amounts, then received the contract through the post a few days later. Easy.

Not sure who negged you.... sounds reasonable to me? When i called they said they cant do it over the phone, it has to be online. So if online will only tell me i'll get £0 then that must be the only way to do it - wait for some real person to check it!

With regards to the NHS grants though, i went on their website and it said the uni sends details to them of the relevant students, then the NHS sends the students a username and password, and you can only then logon to the NHS website and apply for funding from them. I thought this was weird as it wasnt mentioned at any opendays though.

Also (finally!) do we only get the £1000 grant in yrs 2-4?
Hi! I'm graduating in July and I've applied to the graduate medicine course at Soton and a few other undergrad courses. I've got a couple of interviews but nobody has made a decision yet! I was wondering if you could answer some of my quesitons please so I can prepare for a plan c. :P

I wasn't able to apply for many graduate courses because I had a low UKCAT and no paid experience in healthcare. If I don't get in this year I will want to reapply the following year. Has anybody else been in this position and taken a gap year? Did you become a HCA or did you do anything else? I am prepared to become a HCA but as 2013 will be my final attempt to medicine part of me is considering getting my foot on another career ladder without ruining my chances of medicine. Did any other successful applicants do anything else other than HCA?

Thanks! :smile: Well done on the offers. Can't believe there's a couple of you with more than one! Congrats.
I'm pretty much going to be a reapplicant atm (unless a miricle happens with warwick!) and I've got a job within global public health that i can secure or I've applied for an orthopaedic position at a local hospital.
If i dont get in this year I'm probably going to take a few years do something else and try again. :smile:
I've found so far alot of people at Warwick are biomed and I need to really bump my CV more so again!

Quick Reply

Latest