The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
plainjayne
ive just booked to get my first tattoo on monday- its really tiny but im still sooo scared

Aww dont panic! It will be fine
Just make sure u have a good meal like an hour before... And make sure that you are happy with things such as the placement/colour etc... My mate had one done then said "oh i kinda wanted more too the left" :eek: :biggrin: Dont be afraid too speak up.
yea, make sure you get what you want...i had a real fight with my artist to get mine! he was determined to make it bigger
thats odd! yeah... make sure it is PERFECT!

and make sure you post us some piccies! :biggrin:
did anyone watch casualty tonight? such a shame :frown:

basically, this guy proper wanted to get into the police force. so he had a tattoo of a poilce badge on his arm. and basically, at the end of the episode, he found out that he had got hepatitus B from the needle from the tattoo :s-smilie: and you cant get into the police force with hep B. just shows you.
:eek: thats not good! make sure you go somewhere clean and safe people!!
Piercings: 4 right ear lobe. 2 right ear cartilidge. 1 left ear lobe.

Used to have: 4 right ear lobe, 4 left ear lobe, 4 right cartilidge, 2 left cartilidge, scaffold in left cartilidge, orbital in right cartilidge, 1 in each tragus, 5 in nipples, 2 in tongue, 1 in nape and 1 in right wrist

Tattoos: Random tribal, 2 dragons, Chinese writing meaning Dark Angel

Next tattoo will be in May when I move in with my friend. Designed myself. Consists of a tribal design around the lyrics "I know you have a little life in you yet. I know you have a lot of strength left". Going to go across the top of my back.
oooooh nice!

why didnt you keep all your piercings if you dont mind me asking..?
Mainly rejection and infection. All the ear ones I have taken out over the years have been due to infection. My immune system isn't very good most of the time so any piercings that I have managed to keep is sheer luck.

My original four nipple piercings rejected so I had to take those out (very painfully and slowly!). I then had the left one done again a few months later but got bored with it because the end result I wanted was the four so I had two in each making a +...and it would taken time (6+months healing per nipple) and a lot of money.

My wrist piercing...well the piercer was at fault for that. He used a bar that was far too short for the amount of flesh he pierced it through...so it was extremely painful and got infected pretty much immediately. I had to take it out after five days.

Had to take my second tongue piercing out because it was through a nerve and I had horrible pains from the back of my tongue all the way down my neck. Then had to take my original tongue piercing out several months later because I got a severe bout of septic tonsilitis and my tongue got extremely swollen and no matter what size bar I put in it felt horrible. So I took it out for a day but then I couldn't get anything back in.

There are so many piercings that I want...but I am so very limited because of my job.
hmmm i've just watched the casualty episode (the joys of the iplayer!) - i'd be classified not fit to practice if i got Hep B i think...

EDIT: my cartilage piercing has developed a nice little lump around it on the front side - any tips?
Feel the lump. Is it likely to be a sign of infection? Sore to the touch? Squidgy like full of pus?

If it's hard then it is likely to be keloid scarring and there ain't much you can do about it...other than buy some expensive bio-oil to reduce it.
nope tis not hard, its just oozing a bit of lymph and doesnt really hurt...
Reply 2211
Xeromancer: If piercings are infected then you shouldn't take them out. However, infections are pretty rare, most people self-diagnose way too quickly when it's usually just irritation. Also, keloid scarring is very rare and it's very unlikely a cartilage bump is a keloid.

Subbacultcha: Are you wearing a ring in the piercing? If so, get it changed to a barbell. Continue doing sea salt soaks twice a day, and also start doing chamomile tea bag soaks. There's a more in-depth guide to that here. Don't mess/play with the piercing, and don't sleep on it. Keep hair products away from it and rinse well after showering to ensure all shampoo etc is out.
Subbacultcha
nope tis not hard, its just oozing a bit of lymph and doesnt really hurt...

Give it a good clean...give it a good squeeze...give it another good clean

Then clean twice a day with a saline solution (1/2tsp salt in one mug water) until better
Kate.
Xeromancer: If piercings are infected then you shouldn't take them out. However, infections are pretty rare, most people self-diagnose way too quickly when it's usually just irritation. Also, keloid scarring is very rare and it's very unlikely a cartilage bump is a keloid.

Redness, swelling, severe pain, oozing pus, blood and pus filled sacs around the piercings...I kinda know what is infected and what isn't.

I've taken most of the piercings out under the supervision of piercers after having consulted them first and them agreeing the best course of action is to take them out as the infection is too bad and there is no way of keeping the piercings clean because the swelling and/or pain are too much. They then help me to flush the wounds to prevent further internal infection. And they are also the ones who have advised me about keloid scarring as I have some on my left ear from bad piercings and on various other parts of my body from self-injury.

It's good to have friends in the piercing studios of Camden.
ta :biggrin:
Reply 2215
Xeromancer
Redness, swelling, severe pain, oozing pus, blood and pus filled sacs around the piercings...I kinda know what is infected and what isn't.

I've taken most of the piercings out under the supervision of piercers after having consulted them first and them agreeing the best course of action is to take them out as the infection is too bad and there is no way of keeping the piercings clean because the swelling and/or pain are too much. They then help me to flush the wounds to prevent further internal infection. And they are also the ones who have advised me about keloid scarring as I have some on my left ear from bad piercings and on various other parts of my body from self-injury.

It's good to have friends in the piercing studios of Camden.

Keloid scarring is still very rare and the majority of bumps people complain about are hypertrophic scarring or boils, not keloids, so it's a bit of a jump to suggest it may be a keloid without even seeing a picture. And bio-oil won't really do much for actual keloids - but it will help for hypertrophic scarring.
Got my nose pierced again so now done twice on the right side, looks ace :cool:
pic trigger :smile:
I still cant work out how to on my ohone and my mates cam is outta batt, suckas :frown:
Trigger
Got my nose pierced again so now done twice on the right side, looks ace :cool:

I am not a huge fan of nose piercings...in fact I think they are vile most of the time...but Wayne Static has a double nose piercing and I think it looks fantastic...so I would imagine yours looks great too =]

Quick Reply

Latest