The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Er, I really need some help here, don't have sisters so...any ideas would be cool
I knew that my new gf had a navel piercing, but discovered this morning that she has a VCH, (that's correct?) Well. after picking myself up off the floor.....
I think it's awesome,! Wouldn't have minded a warning though. I'd like to buy some jewellery for her, so having looked on some online sites, I'm totally :confused: as to what I should be buying? Weight etc, curved or straight, things at the end?

Any leads would be excellent.
haha...

i dont know anything about VCHs! but i have seen these rattleballs about.. they only go on internally threaded jewellery though.
Reply 2262
Some people prefer straight jewellery in their VCH, others prefer curved. And lengths vary, too. So in short you'll need to ask her!
Is there anything to recommend straight bars over curved (or vice versa) in a VCH? Or is it just whichever is most comfortable?
i guess it would depend largely on which is used as initial jewellery.. if its healed with a curved then curved is likely to be more comfortable forevermore.

and this is not related to this thread and im sure none of you care.. but OH WOW! the owners of one the most respected and desirable record labels in the world, the people who inspired us to release music in the first place, contacted me saying he really liked what we were doing with SD. how amazing is that?!?! Had to tell someone haha..

:redface:
Well done, keep fighting the good fight :biggrin:
I really want some new ink. :[
so do i.. got any plans?

just seen youre going to study Music Business this year, i didnt know they did courses like that! what does it entail?
Reply 2268
Can I join??

I have my lip, tongue, vertical labret, nipple and navel pierced. Used to have a few more but took them out at various times, don't want too many facial piercings. I do love lip piercings though.

Tattoos I have are a star on my left wrist (I got it done when I was underage, but oh well), a crown on my right inner elbow and a backpiece of the Russian coat of arms, which is still in progress because I need to get some cash together.
Can I join too? Aha.

I only have my right nostril and left labret pierced (my profile picture is flipped, but you can see them fine).
And both lobes, with my left at 4mm.

No ink as of yet. I think I'll wait until I'm officially 18, otherwise with my nerves of being ID-ed I might as well walk in with a post-it note on my forehead saying 'I'M LYING.' (: Christ and his bicycle.
welcome to the best soc on TSR :biggrin:
Oh I started a thread yesterday about this coz I didn't see this, oh well.

What does it mean to join the society? How do you do it? Can I join? I have 4 piercings: lobes, nipple and tongue. Planning on two helix piercings and the other nipple before I get my first tattoo which is gonna rock hard. It's big, tribal and across the top of my back, might get my lower back tattoo done first, smaller and I'm thinking it would make a good b-day present to myself. I have been talking to the guys in the tattoo parlour about it and to other tattooists and they oked it as long as I'm sure.

Love piercings and tattoos!
It doesnt really mean anything to join i dont think.. you can join via the societies tab at the top, though you can post in here either way!
When I had my belly button pierced I was told that I should wait 3 months before I change jewellery. I'm just wondering what is the reason for this? Is it because it's likely to heal up so fast that you can't get another stud in? Or is it to do with contamination of a new piercing? I'm just wondering if it is ok to just change the balls before the 3 months. Also how long should I wait to change the ball of a tragus stud?
Its really the fact that chaging it when its not healed will really irritate it, and you need to minimise irritation, especially for navels which may reject. Its also because you really should wear titanium and nothing else until its totally healed.. most navel jewellery you can buy on the high street is surgical steel and therefore not good for new piercings.
It should be fine to change the balls though.. aslong as you can undo them without too much tugging.
Righty ho. I'd like people to just shout suggestions at me..
I want a new piercing. But there are several I want.. which to go for first?!
My little shortlist is as follows:
- Navel
- Nipple (has to be x2.. I'm not going to be lopsided!)
- Sternum (microdermals)
- Labret?
- Daith
- Industrial

Just help me decide!! :biggrin:
ooooh.. what do you have already?
Tongue, lobes, helix x 1 and a tragus I had to take out because the 'less-professional' studio in my town messed it up. >.<
i say labret :smile:
What would be your second suggestion? :p: I'm still not too sure whether I truly want a labret done. xD

Quick Reply

Latest