The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Nynyflower
Those who have their tragus/anti-tragus pierced: can you not use in-ear headphones once you've had it done?

It depends on the headphones. My Creative Zen ones are great, unless I wear a labret stud when it's a bit awkward. Poundshop ones wouldn't stay at all. The Sony ones I had were ok.

It does hurt a bit at first, obviously, because you're moving your new piercing. But after a while it's fine.
becky.fm
I'm not surprised it's painful, it was pierced at Claires! They use a blunt piece of metal, which is forced through your ear, as opposed to a lovely needle. Go to a proffesional piercer, and get them to look at them for you. Don't use the solution they give you - use Sea Salt Solution. :smile:

I haven't been using their solution, got some from a proper place when i had my navel done. Thanks for the advice, i'll find somewhere decent tomorrow.

Any recommendations for London?
ladydeborah
I haven't been using their solution, got some from a proper place when i had my navel done. Thanks for the advice, i'll find somewhere decent tomorrow.

Any recommendations for London?

I find it amazing that you would go somewhere proper to have your navel done but will go to a **** hole like Claires to get your ears pierced :rolleyes: i am so sick of reading these horror stories
I went to a proper place to get my ears pierced first time, but they got infected and healed up.
I went to Claires to get them re-done and they were absolutely fine.
But yeah, after reading other incidents, I probably wouldn't go to Claires again lol
Nynyflower
Those who have their tragus/anti-tragus pierced: can you not use in-ear headphones once you've had it done?

It's possible but it can be pretty uncomfortable. But my brother has found some headphones that kinda hang in the ear hole that do not touch my tragus piercing :smile:.
Trigger
I find it amazing that you would go somewhere proper to have your navel done but will go to a **** hole like Claires to get your ears pierced :rolleyes: i am so sick of reading these horror stories

I only went to Claire's because there is only one good tattoo/piercing place in my home town, and they only did bars and rings for my ear, and i wanted a stud. I know, stupid and should have done my research (I would have if it wasn't just my earlobe). Going to do what Becky said and use a salt solution for a few days, then i'll go get it checked out if it hasn't calmed down. And this isn't really a horror story, i probably didn't clean it properly, all my own fault - and no disgusting pus :p:
Ooo didn't even know there was a thread on this sorts of stuff, so hello to all you guys.
Here is a pic taken a coulpe of years back, shows my arm sleeve a bit sorry its not great
ladydeborah
I only went to Claire's because there is only one good tattoo/piercing place in my home town, and they only did bars and rings for my ear, and i wanted a stud. I know, stupid and should have done my research (I would have if it wasn't just my earlobe). Going to do what Becky said and use a salt solution for a few days, then i'll go get it checked out if it hasn't calmed down. And this isn't really a horror story, i probably didn't clean it properly, all my own fault - and no disgusting pus :p:

its not just your lobes though, theyre still your body.
Nynyflower

I personally have never had any problem with either of my tragus'. Basically the day after getting pierced i was wearing them :smile:
Trigger
its not just your lobes though, theyre still your body.

I know, but i can take it out. I'm not being blasé, i'm taking good care of it, which is why I asked for advice. :smile:
Nynyflower

You can use in-ear head phones. It obviously hurts if you use it too soon but you get used to it.

Damn i want to re-pierce mine again! I'm so tempted, but I'm going home this summer and not sure what my mother will think. :s:
I got my septum pierced :smile: Had wanted it for about 4 years and finally got round to it. I'm wearing a sleeper in it that I can flip into my nose so people don't notice it and I can surprise them. I'm so easily amused :biggrin:
I really want to get my tongue pierced again before going back to uni on Saturday but I'll be drinking lots of alcohol and kissing so it's probably not a good idea just now.
bekahchu
I got my septum pierced :smile: Had wanted it for about 4 years and finally got round to it. I'm wearing a sleeper in it that I can flip into my nose so people don't notice it and I can surprise them. I'm so easily amused :biggrin:
I really want to get my tongue pierced again before going back to uni on Saturday but I'll be drinking lots of alcohol and kissing so it's probably not a good idea just now.

ooo I'm so jealous! My loan just came through and i'm really wanting a new piercing....don't think I can pull of a septum...any ideas people?
loz_fairy
ooo I'm so jealous! My loan just came through and i'm really wanting a new piercing....don't think I can pull of a septum...any ideas people?

Hard to tell without knowing what you already have or seeing a picture of you.
bekahchu
Hard to tell without knowing what you already have or seeing a picture of you.

well I have my tongue done and stretched lobes, and a profile picture

:smile:
loz_fairy

I LOVE the dreads, are they synths? (ooh apologies if they aren't).

I think you'd look nice with a nostril piercing :smile:
loz_fairy

Ah, your profile pic wouldn't load when I went on before. Labret? 1.2mm bar and a small jewelled ball?
bekahchu
Ah, your profile pic wouldn't load when I went on before. Labret? 1.2mm bar and a small jewelled ball?

ah i can't have a central lip piercing, I used to and because my front two teeth are completely wonky it sits wrong :frown:

I'd quite like snake bites, thoughts?

Nynyflower
I LOVE the dreads, are they synths? (ooh apologies if they aren't).

I think you'd look nice with a nostril piercing :smile:

yea, well they're wool...I made them myself :smile: I have a blue set too

Nostril could be interesting, thanks :smile:
i got my first tattoo today:

bad picture, but you get the idea.
it is actually all even, although it looks skewed :p:
Reply 3839

Tattoo number nine!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending