Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bod Mod Society

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking i want a smiley piercing.. hmm. Is it awkward to get pierced, like, hard for the piercer to reach? If it's under £20, then i think i'll defo go for it sometime
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    I'm thinking i want a smiley piercing.. hmm. Is it awkward to get pierced, like, hard for the piercer to reach? If it's under £20, then i think i'll defo go for it sometime
    unless yours is unusually small it should be fine.. i did mine no problem.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats a smiley piercing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://xc5.xanga.com/58af123014d3520...b161661356.jpg
    thats a smiley piercing
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    ooooooh i likey
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    This may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know where I can get henna tattoos done in London? I want to get the tattoo I want done in henna first so I can see if I really want it, too big a decision to rush in to. Or if the henna places in Brighton will be open at this time of year on a Saturday?
    Ilford!

But now I see you're in Brighton... Does Brighton have an Asian quarter/street?

Either way, if you google henna artist Brighton, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or you could do it yourself - henna's pretty easy to master with the tubes that come with applicators.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Nerd?)
    Ilford!

But now I see you're in Brighton... Does Brighton have an Asian quarter/street?

Either way, if you google henna artist Brighton, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or you could do it yourself - henna's pretty easy to master with the tubes that come with applicators.
    I'm not in Brighton, just fancied a day trip. :p: Might have to get the bus to ilford - anywhere in particular? Never been there before so no idea what its like.

I would do it myself, but i really don't have a steady hand, and I want straight lines.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest a conch. I got mine pierced only a couple of days ago (at 1.6mm, even though i wanted 2/2.4mm) and i think it looks lovely

Or how about a rook, snug or anti-tragus? It all depends what your ears look really..
    I used to want a rook but I'm not sure, was sorta worried my ears would look unbalenced if i had a tragus in one ear and then something else in the other that was at a different level?

How did your conch go? Did it hurt and do you have a ring or what in it? Are you planning on stretching it and how come they only pierced you at 1.6? :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I used to want a rook but I'm not sure, was sorta worried my ears would look unbalenced if i had a tragus in one ear and then something else in the other that was at a different level?

How did your conch go? Did it hurt and do you have a ring or what in it? Are you planning on stretching it and how come they only pierced you at 1.6? :P
    I personally don't think ears ever look unbalanced, but that's my opinion. I've got a scaffold + tragus in my lefty, with conch + tragus in my righty.

My conch went really well thanks It didn't hurt much, surprisingly.. and even when he was putting the jewellery in, i couldn't really feel it. It was sore yesterday morning though, but that's gone now. I think i'm quite a quick healer tbh, so the bar is moving around without hurting and everything now. It's all good. I've got a PTFE barbell in it, which i wasn't too sure about, but it was that or nothing. Hopefully i'll stretch to 2.4mm, but i can't imagine that being a very easy process tbh! He was originally going to pierce at 1.2mm, but i said i wanted it at larger gauges, but he didn't have any bigger jewellery than 1.6, and because i wanted it there and then, i just went for it! :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think ears ever look unbalanced, but that's my opinion. I've got a scaffold + tragus in my lefty, with conch + tragus in my righty.

My conch went really well thanks It didn't hurt much, surprisingly.. and even when he was putting the jewellery in, i couldn't really feel it. It was sore yesterday morning though, but that's gone now. I think i'm quite a quick healer tbh, so the bar is moving around without hurting and everything now. It's all good. I've got a PTFE barbell in it, which i wasn't too sure about, but it was that or nothing. Hopefully i'll stretch to 2.4mm, but i can't imagine that being a very easy process tbh! He was originally going to pierce at 1.2mm, but i said i wanted it at larger gauges, but he didn't have any bigger jewellery than 1.6, and because i wanted it there and then, i just went for it! :p:
    stretching a conch will be hard... mine was punched at 6mm but i lost a tunnel so wore 5mm in it for a month.. and getting it back to 6 was agony, and thats without actually stretching cartilage..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    In Birmingham - Modern Body Art. They're the best around here and the only one I'd go to from the ones I know about. I've never checked out the big Tattoo Palace place in Wolvo though. Go to a proper piercing studio - as a general rule, beauty places suck.
    Okay thank you I will definitely look into Modern Body Art when I'm thinking of getting a new piercing I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when I'm 18 too are they good for tats?
    Yeah I've learnt that beauty places are not so good the hard way haha
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
    Okay thank you I will definitely look into Modern Body Art when I'm thinking of getting a new piercing I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when I'm 18 too are they good for tats?
    Yeah I've learnt that beauty places are not so good the hard way haha
    They're okay - personally not my kind of style at all, but they're pretty good at what they do. Jo Harrison is pretty well known, has a huge waiting list etc, but my friend said she was a bit of a bitch when he went in to ask about his design. He went to Leah at Spear Studio (also in Birmingham) instead and he's really happy with his tattoo. I don't really know any amazing artists in the Midlands to be honest, but I'm incredibly fussy ;D There's only a handful of people in the whole of the UK who I'd ever get a tattoo from. I'm also much more into piercings than tattoos so there may well be some hidden treasures in the West Mids who I haven't come across
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im in brighton at the moment and have been visiting the Wildcat shop... they have loads of tunnels, dicro and one-off Ikon plug designs all for £3 each. woohooo! my 20mms now have lovely steel top-hats.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went there last weekend, I was there for the convention They had like nothing left in 1/2" though, blargh. Although now I really want those dichro top-hat tunnels (but not quite enough to pay £20 for them haha). They were on sale a few months ago too, wish I bought them then =/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering an inverse navel- anyone here have one? What are the rejection rates like?
    xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CazTheSpider)
    I'm considering an inverse navel- anyone here have one? What are the rejection rates like?
    xx
    I have my inverse navel done, was red for a few days and migrated slightly out while healing but other than that it was fine. I did salt soaks twice a day for a few weeks

I had less trouble with my inverse navel than I'm having trying heal my standard navel
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    I went there last weekend, I was there for the convention They had like nothing left in 1/2" though, blargh. Although now I really want those dichro top-hat tunnels (but not quite enough to pay £20 for them haha). They were on sale a few months ago too, wish I bought them then =/
    yeah i love that shop.. so many pretty things! its a pain getting things in the right sizes though.. but 20mm seems common enough to be all the designs but rare enough for there to be lots left in the sale

i might go back tomorrow and buy some gold dichro star plugs..
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    man i want to stretch my lobes lol, need to get smaller jewllery
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    I'm not in Brighton, just fancied a day trip. :p: Might have to get the bus to ilford - anywhere in particular? Never been there before so no idea what its like.

I would do it myself, but i really don't have a steady hand, and I want straight lines.
    There are a hundred Asian beauty places on Ilford Lane and Cranbrook Road, but I don't know any of them in particular. Google is below, but remember that prices quoted will be for bridal henna, which is a lot more complicated and expensive than your design would be (I assume).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...rch&meta=lr%3D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coni)
    I have my inverse navel done, was red for a few days and migrated slightly out while healing but other than that it was fine. I did salt soaks twice a day for a few weeks

I had less trouble with my inverse navel than I'm having trying heal my standard navel

Thanks for the reply
    I'm considering it for the summer, as I only got my standard 3 months ago, but that seems to be healing well!
    Think I will have to change the bar to one with a smaller ball though, as there wont be enough room in my navel otherwise!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 14, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.