Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bod Mod Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, where you mentioned about preventing infection, you gaves some don'ts, but no dos :p: . Sound advice is bathe it regularly in warm sea salt solution. If it does become infected, a chlorhexidine or benzalkonium aqueous antiseptic spray is appropriate, coupled with saline washes.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzyKitten)
    Ohhh snap! I didn't see that, but a merge would be awesome if it's ok with the OP of that thread? :confused:

And I know it may seem OTT, but I have seen so many mistakes, even with lobe piercings - problem is most don't know what they're doing/how to properly sterilise tools etc. Or maybe I'm just a worry wart. :o:
    Haha, yeah, I've cringed watching people do it at school with a lighter and a safety pin ><

When I did my lobe piercings I sterilized the area I did it in in the bathroom with Virkon, sterilized the stud with alcohol, sterilized my ear with an alcohol wipe, used a sterile piercing needle and sterile gauze.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Also, where you mentioned about preventing infection, you gaves some don'ts, but no dos :p: . Sound advice is bathe it regularly in warm sea salt solution. If it does become infected, a chlorhexidine or benzalkonium aqueous antiseptic spray is appropriate, coupled with saline washes.
    Oh you're mean, haha! :p:

I was trying to find an online guide that I felt was appropriate, because unfortunately most seem to recommend the use of hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or antibiotic ointments. The former two are much too harsh for a new piercing and will dry the **** out of it. The latter traps dirt inside your wounds and will keep oxygen from reaching your new piercing.

EDIT: Added some extra instructions to the OP
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have way too much free time on your hands, did you type all that? don't you have exams and stuff around this time.
    None the less great effort. Rep.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    You have way too much free time on your hands, did you type all that? don't you have exams and stuff around this time.
    None the less great effort. Rep.
    Way, way too much, for once in my life.

I'm an access year student, and just completed my course on Thursday, including exams - so now I have 8 days until my summer job starts. No rest (well, not much...) for the wicked!

EDIT: And no, it's not all typed. Some of it is from other websites and some from forums I belong to. I have time on my hands, but not THAT much!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have amazing eyes.

Oh, and nice thread.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering having my father's monogram:

Tattooed onto my shoulder for posterity. How would you rate the likely pain factor?
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shook)
    You have amazing eyes.
    My girlfriend has green eyes; I envy her that much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I'm considering having my father's monogram:

Tattooed onto my shoulder for posterity. How would you rate the likely pain factor?
    First of all, that is an amazing idea for a tattoo.

I presume you are talking about the shoulder blade?

According to inkedblog (one of my favourite tattoo sites) the most painful places on the body to get a tattoo according to reader polls are:

18% Genitalia
    13% Ankles
    10% Lower Back
    9% Feet
    7% Lower Legs
    5% Chest
    5% Ribs (Sides)
    5% Upper Legs
    5% Hands
    5% Face
    4% Forearms
    3% Upper Arms
    3% Wrists
    3% Upper Back/Shoulders
    3% Rear End
    2% Stomach

So generally not too bad. Remember that pretty much all tattoos will cause pain of some levels, but that's part of the experience. The end result is what to bear in mind - it's worth the pain imo!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been debating whether to get my tragus pierced for years.

Still no closer to reaching a decision.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzyKitten)
    First of all, that is an amazing idea for a tattoo.
    Thanks; he always professed himself 'the author of my being', so it strikes me as a fitting tribute.

I presume you are talking about the shoulder blade?

According to inkedblog (one of my favourite tattoo sites) the most painful places on the body to get a tattoo according to reader polls are:

18% Genitalia
    13% Ankles
    10% Lower Back
    9% Feet
    7% Lower Legs
    5% Chest
    5% Ribs (Sides)
    5% Upper Legs
    5% Hands
    5% Face
    4% Forearms
    3% Upper Arms
    3% Wrists
    3% Upper Back/Shoulders
    3% Rear End
    2% Stomach

So generally not too bad. Remember that pretty much all tattoos will cause pain of some levels, but that's part of the experience. The end result is what to bear in mind - it's worth the pain imo!
    Probably my upper-arm as it connects to the shoulder: I want somewhere visible but relatively impervious to the ravages of time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    feet are the most painful place apart from your vag/dick/rectum.
    i'll have fisticuffs with anyone who says otherwise.
    the reason people probs voted lower back as painful is that's a place where large tattoos get done and the larger the tattoo the longer your pain receptors have to take over from the adrenaline pumping through you.
    i've had a 2 hour back tattoo and a 3 hour foot tattoo. the foot tattoo was definitely worse, if i consider it on the "until two hours" mark. also feet are a bitch to heal. never get one ont he side of your foot as no matter what shoe you wear, it'll rub and not heal well and you'll have a patchy bit.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lug

Spoiler:
    Show

Arm

Spoiler:
    Show

• 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    Wow, that's one hell of a post for you second day on TSR!
    Wow, thats one hell of a quote man!

Great post OP. I almost got a tattoo a few years ago, but my life changed direction and I'm glad I didnt do it. Right now I dont know if I'm passionate enough about anything to get a tattoo of it, and I wont get one just because I think it looks cool :p:

And also OP, you really do have amazing eyes!

(Original post by Noémie)
    feet are the most painful place apart from your vag/dick/rectum.
    i'll have fisticuffs with anyone who says otherwise.
    the reason people probs voted lower back as painful is that's a place where large tattoos get done and the larger the tattoo the longer your pain receptors have to take over from the adrenaline pumping through you.
    i've had a 2 hour back tattoo and a 3 hour foot tattoo. the foot tattoo was definitely worse, if i consider it on the "until two hours" mark. also feet are a bitch to heal. never get one ont he side of your foot as no matter what shoe you wear, it'll rub and not heal well and you'll have a patchy bit.
    Pictars?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend has green eyes; I envy her that much.
    Profesh, you have a child? :eek:
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowshine)
    Profesh, you have a child?
    God, no. But I am an uncle.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    God, no. But I am an uncle.
    Lovely baby you have there.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowshine)
    Lovely baby you have there.
    Oh, indeed.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, indeed.
    You two have the same eys.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.