The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Profesh
He does possess a certain 'everyman' quality, yes.

He may not thank you for this description.
paddy__power
Aye, perhaps. Or maybe it is the person you know :ninja:

I doubt it was him. :p:
Unless he used to be a swimming instructor in Toronto...
Profesh
He does possess a certain 'everyman' quality, yes.

You make me laugh, Profesh.
That's not exactly an enviable quality. :p:
snowshine
I doubt it was him. :p:
Unless he used to be a swimming instructor in Toronto...

Maybe he was, you never know.

In a previous life I was Plato, Bohr in another ^^
Oh, I don't mean it disparagingly; he's oft-cited on TSR as looking 'strangely familiar'.
Reply 4965
how much does the tragus hurt? (:
paddy__power
Maybe he was, you never know.

In a previous life I was Plato, Bohr in another ^^

I was Hermione Granger in a previous life. :moon:
Oh, wait...:sad:
Profesh
Oh, I don't mean it disparagingly; he's oft-cited on TSR as looking 'strangely familiar'.

I see, well fiar enough then. Do you have a favourite word btw?
snowshine
I was Hermione Granger in a previous life. :moon:
Oh, wait...:sad:

:sogood:

+ :facepalm2:

:p:
alissasantiago
how much does the tragus hurt? (:

A lot, a lot, a lot of people have it done and say it doesnt really hurt. I would get me hair caught in it so I avoid that part of the ear. If you like it go for it. Most people's healed pretty quickly.

Have a wee look at bmezine and read the stories. The website is a lot less navigatable than the last time I went on it.

http://www.bmezine.com/media/story/pierce/

I am still mourning the retirement of my snug and my rook:frown: , so many people didn't understand my adoration of them. I still want an industrial :yep:. My game plan is when I'm a young professional in a fixed contract to slowly build up my piercings.

Pain threshold is also a factor, as well as toleration of blood. My friends couldn't watch my rook because my blood was pouring out... :frown:
paddy__power
:sogood:

+ :facepalm2:

:p:

WHY WAS I BORN THIS WAY?? :cry:

Spoiler

snowshine
WHY WAS I BORN THIS WAY?? :cry:

Spoiler

AWWW

:console: :love: :hugs:
paddy__power
AWWW

:console: :love: :hugs:

Those were dark times indeed. Rationalizing my lack of (inherent) magical ability. :frown:

How long did you wait for your acceptance letter?
snowshine
Those were dark times indeed. Rationalizing my lack of (inherent) magical ability. :frown:

How long did you wait for your acceptance letter?

Ages, bloody Royal Mail (The Owls were sick).
paddy__power
Ages, bloody Royal Mail (The Owls were sick).

Hogwarts doesn't know what they're missing. :mad:

We can start our own school. :colone:
My boyfriend's offered to pay for a belly button piercing for me in July, so I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to tell me how much it hurts, please? (NB: I've read the OP and I know it says around 2% of people find it painful, but I'd prefer real testimonies please. :tongue:)
snowshine
Hogwarts doesn't know what they're missing. :mad:

We can start our own school. :colone:

We can and we should tbh.
Nick Longjohnson
They look great! The colours are incredible

Spoiler

:shock:
:fan:
:tea:
DizzyKitten

According to inkedblog (one of my favourite tattoo sites) the most painful places on the body to get a tattoo according to reader polls are:

18% Genitalia
13% Ankles
10% Lower Back
9% Feet
7% Lower Legs
5% Chest
5% Ribs (Sides)
5% Upper Legs
5% Hands
5% Face
4% Forearms
3% Upper Arms
3% Wrists
3% Upper Back/Shoulders
3% Rear End
2% Stomach

I really don't think this is a good thing to be throwing around. For a start, it looks very different to the order I'd give, and to the general consensus of all the heavily tattood people I know.

Which I'd imagine is because it's just the percentage of people who think that place is the MOST painful. So that doesn't mean ribs are less painful than lower back, it just means less people think it's the most painful. And I'm guessing a lot more people have lower back tattoos, so the poll is flawed anyway.

You get me? The list is stupid.

Profesh, shoulder doesn't hurt much in comparison to other places. It does however, hurt in comparison to not being tattood. And it does depend on the individual's pain threshold. And it's pretty much never so painful that if you really want the tattoo, you wouldn't be willing to go through it.
Arturo Bandini
I really don't think this is a good thing to be throwing around. For a start, it looks very different to the order I'd give, and to the general consensus of all the heavily tattood people I know.

Which I'd imagine is because it's just the percentage of people who think that place is the MOST painful. So that doesn't mean ribs are less painful than lower back, it just means less people think it's the most painful. And I'm guessing a lot more people have lower back tattoos, so the poll is flawed anyway.

You get me? The list is stupid.

Profesh, shoulder doesn't hurt much in comparison to other places. It does however, hurt in comparison to not being tattood. And it does depend on the individual's pain threshold. And it's pretty much never so painful that if you really want the tattoo, you wouldn't be willing to go through it.

That's very true, although having asked two of my friends who are full inkers they said they'd merely change the position of the feet on the list (as another forum user said).

Pain is part of the tattoo experience and if you're not willing to go through it, then you don't want it enough and shouldn't be getting a piece of permanent art on your body, imo.

Quick Reply

Latest