The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mouthwash isn't that necessary, and neither are salt soaks necessary after every meal/drink or whatever. The usual salt soaks twice a day, and just rinsing with bottled or distilled water after you've eaten etc is what I've seen recommended by the most reputable piercers I've spoken to.
Kate.
Mouthwash isn't that necessary, and neither are salt soaks necessary after every meal/drink or whatever. The usual salt soaks twice a day, and just rinsing with bottled or distilled water after you've eaten etc is what I've seen recommended by the most reputable piercers I've spoken to.

Yeah, I was supposed to do that on my earring for 3 months, but I forget about it after 3 weeks and it has healed fine. I heal fast anyways though :biggrin:

Tattoo had zero scabbing and is lovely and smooth (well, compared to the rest of my arms anyways) :smile:
Reply 62
i am so jealous of all of you i cant get any body modification stuff done for medical reasons
Channel 4 are showing programmes every night about body modification and body art. Scary stuff. No offence, but last night's show was horrible. Cutting out part of the ear. Yuck.
Reply 64
I thought that ArtShock program was fairly good. It didn't make out the body modification 'scene' to be disgusting and *****ed up or anything, which is good I suppose. That old bloke who kept saying he thought the girl having the chest scarification could have chosen more productive outlets or whatever, he annoyed me.

The first performance they showed, with the girl called Alice (? I think), I'd seen most of those pictures before, she's a member of one or two of the piercing communities I am in.

I loved the suspension tea party, that was great.
Kate.
I thought that ArtShock program was fairly good. It didn't make out the body modification 'scene' to be disgusting and *****ed up or anything, which is good I suppose. That old bloke who kept saying he thought the girl having the chest scarification could have chosen more productive outlets or whatever, he annoyed me.

The first performance they showed, with the girl called Alice (? I think), I'd seen most of those pictures before, she's a member of one or two of the piercing communities I am in.

I loved the suspension tea party, that was great.

Gutted I missed it! :frown:
Niaya
i am so jealous of all of you i cant get any body modification stuff done for medical reasons

Is it 100% strict, or just advice, cos I'm not supposed to snowboard, but I do it AMA and I'm fine. It was just a guideline.
Reply 67
The Canadian
Is it 100% strict, or just advice, cos I'm not supposed to snowboard, but I do it AMA and I'm fine. It was just a guideline.

kinda " go ahead if you wanna risk a comma"
its a condition you wouldnt be aware of unless it was picked up, you had surgery, or you became ill after major dental treatment (i have to take amoxycillin (sp?) when I have treatment ), piercings or tattoos
Juno
You could draw on yourself with felt tips!

Very nice :rolleyes:
Juno
I did once! Although that was for medical reasons

:p:

I have drawn some on me to see if they'd look good, but I've never been out in public with some drawn on me! :p:
Juno
I did. I had coloured circles all over my arms! But I was already covered in red blobs, so I already looked weird.

Oooooo k then, moving swiftly on.......

:p:
Reply 71
Just thought I'd let you all know that i went ahead and had my tongue pierced. It was barely painful and after 24hrs I've already eaten veggie sausages, potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and carrots. Swelling is minimal. Seems like all the panicking people have over it is nothing. Gotta admit it is a bit sore at the mo tho.

Would thoroughly recommend cold steel in camden to anyone. They have the nicest people and really make you feel comfortable, and after much research before hand they seem to be the most reputable and hygenic in the area.
Quita
Just thought I'd let you all know that i went ahead and had my tongue pierced. It was barely painful and after 24hrs I've already eaten veggie sausages, potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and carrots. Swelling is minimal. Seems like all the panicking people have over it is nothing. Gotta admit it is a bit sore at the mo tho.

Would thoroughly recommend cold steel in camden to anyone. They have the nicest people and really make you feel comfortable, and after much research before hand they seem to be the most reputable and hygenic in the area.

I want mine done but I can't stand the fact of my tongue swelling! When my boyfriend had his pierced we went straight to McDonalds and got a cup of ice which he got through in no time. But then later we went out for a meal and he had steak... he managed to eat it all but strained his tongue so it swelled more than it was before! :p:
Reply 73
lil_lee
I want mine done but I can't stand the fact of my tongue swelling! When my boyfriend had his pierced we went straight to McDonalds and got a cup of ice which he got through in no time. But then later we went out for a meal and he had steak... he managed to eat it all but strained his tongue so it swelled more than it was before! :p:

Mine really hasnt swollen that much... the first two days were fine then by the third i had some swelling but nothing major, at the moment its been 6 days and i still have some swelling around the piercing but can eat fine. The only thing that bugs me at the moment is the stupid lisp. I find it difficult to say words with "th" or "s"... trying to tell someone my name was santana over the fone and they are going shantana... no sssssssantana!!! Can't wait to change to the shorter bar!!!:rolleyes:
Quita

Cool! Did they give you anything to numb it? Id love to get it done but im scared of the pain (i know im a wimp) :smile:
Reply 75
yay a bod mod society! i'm pleased.
i would definitely join :smile:
currently have 8mm tunnel, 9mm tunnel, 2mm tunnel, 4mm cartidlidge (stretching is so addictive), lower helix that i think is on it's way out.., rook, tongue web (self pierced, wouldn't recommend it, also on its way out), wrist surface.
tatoo wise, i don't believe in getting any until it would mean something to me. i have friends who simply get tatooed because it's fun, i.e. a friend of mine got a nemo tatoo on his wrist... while it was amusing for a year or two, now everyone just thinks it's sad, including him :P
i am VERY interested in scarification, i have a small S on my thigh, which didn't really scar as well as i'd hoped but it was done a while ago. i have actual scars from accidents that i'd like to cover, so i'm thinking i might get some scarification done.
something else that i would definitely be interested in, if it was easy to find in my area.. (damn living in the middle of nowhere), would be implants under the skin. due to the great health risks with these, you need someone decent and this area, there is nobody :|
this summer i'm going to get involved in suspension although i'm a little scared.. i think the experiences that people describe would be worth it :smile:
Reply 76
rxbeef
yay a bod mod society! i'm pleased.
i would definitely join :smile:
currently have 8mm tunnel, 9mm tunnel, 2mm tunnel, 4mm cartidlidge (stretching is so addictive), lower helix that i think is on it's way out.., rook, tongue web (self pierced, wouldn't recommend it, also on its way out), wrist surface.
tatoo wise, i don't believe in getting any until it would mean something to me. i have friends who simply get tatooed because it's fun, i.e. a friend of mine got a nemo tatoo on his wrist... while it was amusing for a year or two, now everyone just thinks it's sad, including him :P
i am VERY interested in scarification, i have a small S on my thigh, which didn't really scar as well as i'd hoped but it was done a while ago. i have actual scars from accidents that i'd like to cover, so i'm thinking i might get some scarification done.
something else that i would definitely be interested in, if it was easy to find in my area.. (damn living in the middle of nowhere), would be implants under the skin. due to the great health risks with these, you need someone decent and this area, there is nobody :|
this summer i'm going to get involved in suspension although i'm a little scared.. i think the experiences that people describe would be worth it :smile:

What suspension group are you getting involved with?

Ooh and how long did it take you to stretch your cartilage? I've been trying to stretch from just 16g to 14g in my tragus for AGES and it just isn't working =/ It's only 0.4mm. Argh.

And love for tongue web. I want mine so badly.
Reply 77
Kate.
What suspension group are you getting involved with?

Ooh and how long did it take you to stretch your cartilage? I've been trying to stretch from just 16g to 14g in my tragus for AGES and it just isn't working =/ It's only 0.4mm. Argh.

And love for tongue web. I want mine so badly.

cartilidge i started with a usual 1.2mm (sorry, i work in mm not g :p:) then got it to about 2.5mm then had to take it out again, i can't remember how long that was for but to go from 1.2-4mm took about a year i think. it's just a long slow process, not like lobes AT ALL, even my second lobe one took an age to do :\

tongue web is ACE, i have to say it didn't really hurt although kissing was hard for a bit and you get horrid pus (sp?) my current favourite is my wrist when it behaves itself! :p:

i've spoken to a guy from london who was on one of the channel 4 programmes last week, or the week before, who i randomly had on my myspace, then as i was watching tv i thought "HOLD UP i talk to that guy!". so yeah i plan to chat to him a bit, and get involved where he is... i am scared but i know it's worth it.

this sounds lame but i really hope people at uni will also be into bod mod because it doesn't appear to be all that heard of at *Certain* unis, and i dont mean that in a bad way, just an observation! anyone able to clear this up for me? :biggrin:
Quita
Mine really hasnt swollen that much... the first two days were fine then by the third i had some swelling but nothing major, at the moment its been 6 days and i still have some swelling around the piercing but can eat fine. The only thing that bugs me at the moment is the stupid lisp. I find it difficult to say words with "th" or "s"... trying to tell someone my name was santana over the fone and they are going shantana... no sssssssantana!!! Can't wait to change to the shorter bar!!!:rolleyes:

Haha yeah, when my bf asked for ice it was, 'Can I have shum ishe pleashe?'
Reply 79
Pink Sparkles
Cool! Did they give you anything to numb it? Id love to get it done but im scared of the pain (i know im a wimp) :smile:

nope just washed my mouth out with mouthwash... i'm a wimp too so dont worry bout it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending