The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Wow, they are so unusual! I've never actually heard of one before but had a good look on BME!

It looks like it would be quite a painful piercing... don't know if it's one I could handle! I suppose it would be more likely to reject or migrate as it's quite close to the skin, and I tried pulling my skin to see about clamping it and it seems quite close... do they actually clamp it there? I'm sure they'd have to to get it right wouldn't they? *shudders*

I'm going to look for more unusual piercings now! :p:
:eek: If you look in BMe and go to 'Unusual' piercings, one bloke has two belly buttons and has then both pierced!!! :eek:

Eeeeew, and another had his finger pierced, right through it!!!
Juno: I'm expecting little scars for life. Obviously their position means that they're more noticable. But do old surface piercings leave hideous scars, or just little pinprick scars next to eachother? I saw the pictures of you back when you had the piercings in, and it looked great! Do you have a picture of how it looks since you've removed the jewellery?

Lovlee-jublee: I expect it to hurt. And make my cry because it's near my tear ducts, haha. But no pain, no gain, eh?

And, more generally, what about my friend's ankle piercing? Will that be hard to look after?
Don't go to any trouble, but if you could do that, it'd be great.

5p? Wow, that's a bit big... :s
Reply 124
dogtanian
Thought I'd ask TSR's experts on this one...

I've seen a number of you posting elsewhere in the past about why you don't like anti-eyebrow piercings... I was just wondering why, really!

I'm not a piercing person, but I think that one's ever so pretty. I wouldn't get a piercing for the sake of it, but I am really curious about this one, because it's a nice looking one, in my opinion. I know it's liable to reject and leave a scar, and also hurt a fair bit considering where it is.

I was hoping for some advice on what you think of the piercing. How is it likely to look when I have to take it out? A terrible huge scar, or two little neat dots that I can live with? I'm still weighing up the pros and cons. If it's a piercing that you just don't like aesthetically, that won't change my opinion. But if you know more about the practicalities and the aftereffects of it, I'd be very grateful. I just cannot decide!

Also, what does everyone think about the idea of a piercing just above the ankle bone? My friend is interested in getting that done. Same questions and advice as above would be great, really.

Finally, any Brightonians willing to recommend a Brighton & Hove studio that has established experience in such piercings?

I think the Wildcat studio is in Brighton, they're meant to be quite good. The site is very awkward to navigate but you might find something out at the message boards - www.wildcat.co.uk
Reply 125
i love bme zine :biggrin: tho some people really do have strange peircings
WOO!!! I've got my lip pierced :biggrin: Soooo happy, especially as I've come to an arrangement with my mum that I can keep a stud, just not have a ring when I'm around her, so it's good enough for me.

Just out of interest, can those studs with the spikes on be put in and taken out by hand, or do you need to go to a piercers to do that?
Reply 127
It might be a bit hard to unscrew it first time (piercers generally screw things on extremely tight) but any type of jewellery can be changed by yourself, really. Except surface bars :P However, your piercer would use good quality, autoclaved jewellery, and the jewellery you change it to yourself would almost definitely not be autoclaved and probably wouldn't be the same quality as your piercer.
Reply 128
Juno
Where is it?!

My stomach, left side.
Kate.
It might be a bit hard to unscrew it first time (piercers generally screw things on extremely tight) but any type of jewellery can be changed by yourself, really. Except surface bars :P However, your piercer would use good quality, autoclaved jewellery, and the jewellery you change it to yourself would almost definitely not be autoclaved and probably wouldn't be the same quality as your piercer.

The piercers I went to gave me a free second piece of jewelery, so it'll be good quality stuff.

If it's just a screw on then that's fine. I just wasn't sure if they needed a special tool or whatever to do.
dogtanian
Thought I'd ask TSR's experts on this one...

I've seen a number of you posting elsewhere in the past about why you don't like anti-eyebrow piercings... I was just wondering why, really!

I'm not a piercing person, but I think that one's ever so pretty. I wouldn't get a piercing for the sake of it, but I am really curious about this one, because it's a nice looking one, in my opinion. I know it's liable to reject and leave a scar, and also hurt a fair bit considering where it is.

I was hoping for some advice on what you think of the piercing. How is it likely to look when I have to take it out? A terrible huge scar, or two little neat dots that I can live with? I'm still weighing up the pros and cons. If it's a piercing that you just don't like aesthetically, that won't change my opinion. But if you know more about the practicalities and the aftereffects of it, I'd be very grateful. I just cannot decide!

Also, what does everyone think about the idea of a piercing just above the ankle bone? My friend is interested in getting that done. Same questions and advice as above would be great, really.

Finally, any Brightonians willing to recommend a Brighton & Hove studio that has established experience in such piercings?

i really really really wish i had the bone structure to carry off an anti-eyebrow! i think you have to have quite good cheekbones for it to look hot... want my lip done too but i'll just look like a ******.. so i think i'll just get another tattoo instead perhaps!
Anti-eyebrow piercings look great on some people. My friends all managed to talk me out of any weird piercings the other day but now im looking at this thread, i feel tempted again lol.

Hey Juno, the scars you got on your back seem quite big from your piercings. Do most surface piercings leave scars of that size? I expected them to be smaller.
Reply 132
Juno
My nipple piercing's not happy again :frown:.

why whats up with it?
i was thinking about getting mien done but all i can think about is how much i think it will hurt
Reply 133
Juno
It's never really been happy, and it's a year old today. Today, it had a small lump which was full of yellow icky stuff :frown:

aww i find sometimes stuff still comes out of my cleavage peircing but its not to badi just use some salvon spray on it

does it hurt alot to get it done? are you happy you got it?
Reply 134
it doesnt still hurt after a year does it?

im thinking about getting mine done in two week. owww.
i dont really know many people who have one so i thought id ask so see what youd say.

someone i know said that it throbs alot after you get it done and that it didnt hurt much :| but i guess everyones different
Reply 135
im slighty worried about getting it done now. hmm
but then again i always get abit weird before i get peircings
Reply 136
Wow! This place has really taken off since i havent been on.. I won't take that personally.. lol. Neway I'm glad all you people are using the room to its full extent.

Kinda wondering what body modification to do next.. I've already got a tattoo designed for my back but kinda want another piercing but I don't know where. I like piercings that aren't obvious e.g ones that are kinda private and only show if you want them to! Ne ideas?
^^^ A penis piercing! :p: My boyfriend's on about getting one, but I don't think he has the guts. I know I haven't got the guts to stab my lady bits! :rolleyes:

As for nipple piercings, I don't think I could handle getting one. My boyfriend's got one and I think it looks great, but I couldn't imagine one on me.

Looking forward to my inverse navel (hopefully, anyways!) in two weeks after pay day! :p: I haven't actually been to the piercer's to see if I can get one... I'll be so disappointed if I can't!
Well, I got my third tattoo done last Thursday, here's a pic:

If you're wondering, it's on my ankle/foot and it did hurt... (I'm sorry about the size of the pic, but paintshop pro messed it up...)
Reply 139
lovelee-jublee
^^^ A penis piercing! :p: My boyfriend's on about getting one, but I don't think he has the guts. I know I haven't got the guts to stab my lady bits! :rolleyes:
!

Lol... would help if i had a penis and I dont fancy getting my "lady bits" stabbed either... my gf mentioned it but i decided against that...

I really didnt like the idea of a nipple piercing but thining more about it... still not totally keen tho and i refuse to do anything unless I'm sure i'll be able to live with it

Quick Reply

Latest