Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Date outfit opinions? (guys and girls views, particularly guys)

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So i've got a date , i'm just unsure what to wear! The guy i'm going on a date with lives in a really posh area (knightsbridge to be exact) and we're just going shopping and for a coffee and lunch in a cafe round the corner from him, so i don't want to to look cheap and obviously stand out from the resients but I really don't have a knightsbridge budget either!! What do you think to this outfit:

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Wrap-D...px?iid=1743720 (this dress in the nude-pink colour)

This bag: http://www.riverisland.com/Online/wo...ock-bag-612463

And these shoes:
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...ots~Flat+shoes

(i'm 6ft so heels aren't really a first day time date option lol)

i'm 6ft, size 10 and 34dd if that helps with outfit opinion, I have long dark brown hair. Do you like the outfit? I have a pretty good cleavage in the dress, do you think that's too much as it is a short dress? What would you think if a girl wore this on a date? I''m thinking of having my hair down and straight with winged eyeliner Many thanks *excited *
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    From my POV, the colours seem a bit clashy. Like the nude on the dress compared to the colour of the shoes isn't the same, so could look odd.

And wow, you're six foot :eek: Is the dress not too short?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9 and a 10 and find the dresses on asos come WAYYYY too short 80% of the time! But that aside I like the dress and the bag but agree that the shoes might not look too good if they're a different shade of nude - bit nude overload maybe?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice dress but it looks short on a 5'10'' model, so I think it will be a bit too short if you're 6 foot.
    Also £100 is a lot to spend on an outfit for an afternoon date, the guy obviously asked you on a date because he likes you, so I wouldn't worry too much about an outfit, (I know thats easier said than done).

For an afternoon date I would go with some slim fit jeans, a nice top and some ballet pump, like the ones you linked. Finish it off with a smart jacket or blazer, it's casual and comfortable but looks smart at the same time.

Hope this helps

And good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_M)
    It's a nice dress but it looks short on a 5'10'' model, so I think it will be a bit too short if you're 6 foot.
    Also £100 is a lot to spend on an outfit for an afternoon date, the guy obviously asked you on a date because he likes you, so I wouldn't worry too much about an outfit, (I know thats easier said than done).

For an afternoon date I would go with some slim fit jeans, a nice top and some ballet pump, like the ones you linked. Finish it off with a smart jacket or blazer, it's casual and comfortable but looks smart at the same time.

Hope this helps

And good luck!
    Completely agree but I think you should definitely keep the bag - it's really nice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the dress looks beautiful
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think the dress is a little short and dressy for lunch at a cafe, even if the area is posh! think you would look too overdressed for the date in that dress. and wayyyy too much nude! black accessories or a colour would look better with a nude dress.

id go for a nice day dress with boots, or jeans and a nice top with boots or flats. you can easily look classy on a high-street budget, so dont feel intimidated by the area or locals.

good luck, hope it goes well!

edit: i agree with the guy above, the dress is really beautiful though!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Ellie_M.

The OP's suggestions are very sexy and exciting for a guy if a girl comes on a date dressed like that but it will pretty much hand the power to the guy as he will think "this girl fancies me big time". Dressing like Ellie_M makes him think he's got to put a bit more effort in to make sure he impresses.

You can bring out a short dress if you have a second or third date in a night out environment, to raise the tension a bit. But first date....not sure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really like the shoes, but for just shopping and coffee/lunch in cafe, I think the dress and bag are a little over the top.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Experiences with ASOS, the dresses that are modeled by 5'10 models, are at a respectable length on me, and I'm 5'5! Pretty sure, the dress will be unflatteringly short :L
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the opinions . Weirdly enough i've always found ASOS is far better than new look, dorothy perkins etc for length . Would you class the dress as formal then and not a day dress?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I don't think the different choices go together tbh

I'd wear a simple dress like.... with a blazer and black pumps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	azz68985_mocha_l_2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	135054
    Attached Images

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)

I'd wear a simple dress like.... with a blazer and black pumps

Love this! I'd probably wear something like this. Absolutely love that bag you posted though OP, beautiful! <3
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think that outfit would be incredibly sexy
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think with that dress, the shoes and bag would look incredibly cheap/tacky tbh.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)

I'd wear a simple dress like.... with a blazer and black pump s

That dress is gorgeous... :love:

Listen to her, OP!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm 6ft, size 10 and 34dd if that helps with outfit opinion, I have long dark brown hair. Do you like the outfit? I have a pretty good cleavage in the dress,
    I don't want to discourage any of this dress discussion, but I'm not sure the guy's attention will be on the clothing per se.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    Love this! I'd probably wear something like this. Absolutely love that bag you posted though OP, beautiful! <3
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    That dress is gorgeous... :love:

Listen to her, OP!

Thank you My boyfriend bought me it the other day so I couldn't resist sharing haha
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would find it a bit odd if I met a girl for lunch and she was wearing evening wear.

Remember the rule of 10% - to look well-dressed, you only have to dress 10% smarter than everyone else, not 300%.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Will you not be a bit cold if you're going shopping?

Also way too much of the same colour, accessories should be black. In my opinion (guy) knee high boots with skinny jeans and a top would be more suitable for daytime.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 10, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.