Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

European Medical Assistance Internship

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry90)
    They said this to my girlfriend back in JANUARY. She had her interview on the Wednesday and the man on the phone said that it was the last few days of considering people for the internship and that he was on the selection committee so would definitely put her name forward.
    It is clear to see that they have said this to everyone and told everyone that it is the "last few days of deciding".
    This was for picking people, the meeting last week was supposed to be for placing people
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation, add me on facebook ¨vlad grff¨ and lets create a page and discuss about this internship. If it turns to be ok there is no problem. If it turns to be a scam we should do something all together to make a difference !! 400 pounds is a lot of money!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great idea...my face name is Mia Mihic, I have glasses on my profil photo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Virginia Fantini... Add me !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, until when are we waiting for a response? I know that they had a meeting last week and in the e-mail was written that they will contact us shortly afterwards. I am just curious what does shortly mean:-)...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After having to complete all those submission questions, I don't think its a scam!
    Just emailed them now asking if there was any news

Does anyone know if there emailing us from new york or from their office in london?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And also if they have to set up our programmes ect. Surely that would take time??? So maybe if we just wait
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonbon1412)
    its definately not a scam i know can come across dodgy, but when people say the company are not replying to yourself, they have a number listed on the internet follow that and you will get in touch with them your self. i believe they changed there name to European medical assistance last year that's why there isn't much information on them, but i have met up with them to speak to them about the internship, they obviously need money to make sure the participant is dedicated to the internship. Also they have many people on the phones to take any queries and any time i have had problems they have either dealt with it over the phone or emailed me back within a day. They have corresponded with my university to use this as my work exp, and that went fine. They offer internship for various places as well and just started for New York for business applicants so just be patient and wait and if you have any query's give them a call.
    When they rang me for the phone interview, they said they needed the deposit cos some people get the free flights to new york and don't turn up at the offices!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go on facebook and look for a group called "EMA internship", so that we can all meet, couse if everithing is ok, then we can see who is going where.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bcooke)
    And also if they have to set up our programmes ect. Surely that would take time??? So maybe if we just wait
    Where are you getting New York from? There isn't a New York office listed on the website
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cannot find the group on facebook...Did you set it as a public group?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dextra)
    I cannot find the group on facebook...Did you set it as a public group?
    Send me friend request... Mia Mihic, I have glasses on my profil photo, and i will add you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightupandglow)
    Where are you getting New York from? There isn't a New York office listed on the website
    The internship that my girlfriend went for was one in New York with the marketing and PR department. I was a bit confused why you quoted me and said "where we were being placed" but she already knew that she was going to New York as that is the location that she applied for. What have you applied for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry90)
    The internship that my girlfriend went for was one in New York with the marketing and PR department. I was a bit confused why you quoted me and said "where we were being placed" but she already knew that she was going to New York as that is the location that she applied for. What have you applied for?
    Well if you look on their website there is a list of all the offices such as Athens, Madrid and Faro. On all of the websites the internship was advertised on they also included Miami and San Deigo. I can't find anything anywhere about New York.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

The same has happened to me. I've paid the £400 then tried to withdraw it but paypal have been no help! I reported it to actionfraud in mid February and they knew about the company then. I'll join the page on facebook page aswell...something needs to be done!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well if you look on their website there is a list of all the offices such as Athens, Madrid and Faro. On all of the websites the internship was advertised on they also included Miami and San Deigo. I can't find anything anywhere about New York.
    Where did you apply for instead?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-love-cakez)
    Hi guys,

The same has happened to me. I've paid the £400 then tried to withdraw it but paypal have been no help! I reported it to actionfraud in mid February and they knew about the company then. I'll join the page on facebook page aswell...something needs to be done!
    They already know about the company?? Then why haven't they done anything?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They already know about the company?? Then why haven't they done anything?
    I thought that too! Could've saved so many people. They said they need more people to phone about it I think. But it was weird cause when I phoned and explained the situation they said 'it isn't European Medical Assistance is it?' So I think they'd heard a few times before but just not enough to go by.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-love-cakez)
    I thought that too! Could've saved so many people. They said they need more people to phone about it I think. But it was weird cause when I phoned and explained the situation they said 'it isn't European Medical Assistance is it?' So I think they'd heard a few times before but just not enough to go by.
    They are supposed to deal with the case no matter, it shouldn't make a difference if it effects 10 or 10,000 people, they should be doing something about it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could you please also add me to the fb group? My name is 'Katarzyna Torunska'

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.