Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I meet more guys?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014

I know this sounds silly but I am literally at a loss as to where people meet guys. I am 23 years old in my first year of uni (so living with people who are a few years younger) the house I live in is all girls, my course is mainly all girls and although I do extra-curricular stuff it's mainly all girly stuff like dancing or yoga. I don't really want to start a new society or sport just to meet men, as that seems a bit desperate! I meet guys all the time on nights out but that sort of thing never really goes anywhere. Help!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whenever you want to meet new people, do something new/different - walk a different route, go to a coffee shop, book store, music shop...

You don't have to dedicate your whole social life to finding a guy by taking up kickboxing or kayaking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just hang around the engineering department at whatever uni you go to. As an engineering student, I can tell you that there will be a load of lads there haha.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Message me babe
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the basement of computer labs Do my course- all guys sadly.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR innit
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)
    In the basement of computer labs Do my course- all guys sadly.
    i feel you pain mate
    what about any lads who know your mates? get a mate to set you up?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Street Corner. You will not only get to meet guys, but you will get paid for the privilege.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Friends of friends
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this sounds silly but I am literally at a loss as to where people meet guys. I am 23 years old in my first year of uni (so living with people who are a few years younger) the house I live in is all girls, my course is mainly all girls and although I do extra-curricular stuff it's mainly all girly stuff like dancing or yoga. I don't really want to start a new society or sport just to meet men, as that seems a bit desperate! I meet guys all the time on nights out but that sort of thing never really goes anywhere. Help!
    probably because you're passive and don't take any initiative.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trawl the internet and find my ads!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guppygould)
    Just hang around the engineering department at whatever uni you go to. As an engineering student, I can tell you that there will be a load of lads there haha.
    +1 to this. 200+ people in my engineering lectures.... less than a dozen are female.

Maybe you should change course OP....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You need to try new things and go with the flow. When you stop searching in a blind panic you'll find 'him'.

Also, you are less than likely to meet decent men on the club and bar scene. Bars and clubs are all about the moment. Don't be part of the meat market! Why don't you try new things? Your life seems boring anyway. If you're in a big city then i'm sure there's lots of events going on! Get out of the student community and explore.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    YMCA :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not like anyone would know you'd joined a club/society primarily to meet men... If there's one you'd like to join anyway, then go for it. It's one of the best ways to meet new people at uni.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.