Edexcel Maths - Unit 2 Higher Tier March 5th 2012

Rep:
    Yeah I posted it in wrong section So guys, how did you find the exam today? Did you not think it to be ridiculously hard?

Rep:
    I actually found this one to be OK! Similar in structure essentially to past papers, and with only the last question being a bit of a 'WTH' moment. Some were very boring though e.g. the ratio one and the flowers/seeds one. The simaltaneous (sp?) equations required quite a bit of brainpower
    But yeah, it was a lot better than the one on Fri.

Rep:
    i cant believe i messed up the question on the estimation for the mean:mad:

Rep:
    erm..i thought the exam ws fairly easy..bt worried thnking that thy may increase the grade boundries for an A*..erm so do you guys knw where the answers are for the calculator paper..btw i got x=10 fr the lst question..i thougt tht ws easy???

Rep:
    Got x=10, for area of segment did you get 119?

Rep:
    yeah i got x=10 as well

Rep:
    erm yh i gt 119 for tht segmnt question i thought the hardest question was the rugby question..the mean..i didnt get it at first then i realised hw to do it...erm i put 25 points for tht wbu??

Rep:
    yeah i got 25, what did everyone put for the upper and lower bound question? (5 marks)

Rep:
    to be honest that rugby question was the only one i missed, can't believe it was on the first page. for the cumulative freq. did you get around 7 teachers who were older than 55?

Rep:
    what did you guys get for the tyres question ?

Rep:
    I got 8 teachers for that question

Rep:
    (Original post by mithunan1)
    what did you guys get for the tyres question ?
    You multiply the amount by 3 tyres, then multiply it by the VAT. Then add the VAT to the amount. Can't remember the final amount...

Rep:
    I got the anwer 234 :/ im not sure if its right. i did what you did

Rep:
    (Original post by Putch1)
    to be honest that rugby question was the only one i missed, can't believe it was on the first page. for the cumulative freq. did you get around 7 teachers who were older than 55?
    I got 25points scored for the rugbyquestion and 8 teachers older than 55 ... and fr tht question it ws 234..bt i miss read the quesition and i added 234+65=299 ...i thnk i will get 1 mark for it..bt im nt sure..dnt knw why i added 65 at the end

Rep:
    (Original post by Putch1)
    You multiply the amount by 3 tyres, then multiply it by the VAT. Then add the VAT to the amount. Can't remember the final amount...
    you were meant to work out fhe price of each tyre plus the vat and then times it all by three

Rep:
    my answer was 234...because I have multiplied the 3 multipliyed by 65 which was 195 and add the 20% to it..

Rep:
    (Original post by sedagezmis)
    I got the anwer 234 :/ im not sure if its right. i did what you did
    Im sure that's correct, something like 195 + 39 = 234

Rep:
    (Original post by Akb_1e3)
    you were meant to work out fhe price of each tyre plus the vat and then times it all by three
    You don't have to work out the price of the 4th tyre because it's free

Rep:
    (Original post by Akb_1e3)
    yh..65*1.2=78 *3=234 i think..i only realised it after the exm..

Rep:
    Yeah that was my working out aswell . I just want to see all the answers

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

: April 18, 2012

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.