The Student Room Group

Applying for MPhil and Second Undergraduate degree at the same time

Hello 'General University Discussion' forum. I haven't managed to find another thread along these lines, so I'll start it here.

I'm currently in the penultimate year of my undergraduate degree (as in, I still have 2012-13 after this one), and am thinking about what I'll be doing afterwards. I've applied for some summer internships relevent to my current course, so that should work out in the meantime.

I was thinking of applying to do an MPhil in either Politics or International Relations (either 1 or 2 years), as a supplement to my undergraduate degree (IR at St Andrews), but I was also toying with the idea of doing an LLB in Law (a course which is, of course, related to a specific line of employment). I was thinking Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, etc. for all of them. The point is that I have no idea which to choose. Would it be prudent for me to apply for courses in both and make a decision based on the offers and/or rejections I receive?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
What's your undergrad in? Politics?

If you want to be a lawyer, don't bother with an law degree. Do the Graduate Diploma in Law, which is the conversion course for people who haven't done a law undergrad degree (I'm doing this atm, after an undergraduate in English).

If you're going onto further study, not in law, I would say do a postgrad in something. You don't get funding for a second degree at undergrad level, anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending