Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need a decent phone for £150 any ideas?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decadence)
    Dont listen to the idiot who said "stay away from xperias", what a tool.

If you could add another 50 quid it will get you an Xperia Arc S, which has come down in price to £199.99 to make way for the Xperia S line.
    Definitely do this OP.

My budget last weekend was £150, I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Ace and didn't like the back of it-too scratchy, makes my skin crawl and I picked up the HTC Wildfire S and thought the screen was small and didn't like the feel.

I WAS going to give in and get the Samsumg Galaxy Ace & get a cover but I saw the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S and it was reduced to £200 in Phones 4U. The phone is sleek, sexy as hell, great camera & flash, great sharp bright screen, Good OS, doesn't lag like my old ****ty HTC Hero used to.

Get the phone and cough up the extra cash. Seriously. At least have a look and feel it-so smooth :sogood:

I am of course biased.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Basically I need to get a new phone..... preferably one thats a smartphone...................wil ling to spend around £150...don't mind if it's a 2nd hand from ebay, just has to be in good condition which is all I want.

As well the features being very good, good screen, good games to download on to, camera, etc

Its because of my current phone, was gonna go to Giffgaff but I can't unlock it without having to pay £20 and send it off.

Any thoughts?
    I looked at HTC desire HD best I could find was a low grade one to buy for £154 with p&p
    Do yourself a favour, spend an extra £50 and get one of these http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-...direct-1161097

Proper top of the range phone that'll stay modern a fair bit longer than the single core phones like the Desire HD.

I really would recommend that phone over any other in terms of value for your money right now, and I don't even own it!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Do yourself a favour, spend an extra £50 and get one of these http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-...direct-1161097

Proper top of the range phone that'll stay modern a fair bit longer than the single core phones like the Desire HD.

I really would recommend that phone over any other in terms of value for your money right now, and I don't even own it!
    That is a lovely phone.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah I checked it up, the 3d isn't that good, causes some eye issues and the camera isn't that great. Plus the new HTC with quad core's are coming out when 4g hits UK.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Then keep trying :doh:
    I will....but behind on cwk
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Yeah I checked it up, the 3d isn't that good, causes some eye issues and the camera isn't that great. Plus the new HTC with quad core's are coming out when 4g hits UK.
    You can disable the 3d, that's what I would recommend anyway. And they are but they'll cost £400+ so why does that matter?
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can disable the 3d, that's what I would recommend anyway. And they are but they'll cost £400+ so why does that matter?
    Ok thanks, i'm just cautious with the money, cos im gonna be using my bursary to pay for it and i wanna build a new pc
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://direct.asda.com/HTC-Evo-3D-An...FQUOfAodYEuqYg

Amazing deal
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Already been shown it above

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Definitely do this OP.

My budget last weekend was £150, I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Ace and didn't like the back of it-too scratchy, makes my skin crawl and I picked up the HTC Wildfire S and thought the screen was small and didn't like the feel.

I WAS going to give in and get the Samsumg Galaxy Ace & get a cover but I saw the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S and it was reduced to £200 in Phones 4U. The phone is sleek, sexy as hell, great camera & flash, great sharp bright screen, Good OS, doesn't lag like my old ****ty HTC Hero used to.

Get the phone and cough up the extra cash. Seriously. At least have a look and feel it-so smooth :sogood:

I am of course biased.
    I think my mate has it, looks really light.........i'm very indecisive :/
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    im also on a budget of £150 for a phone, but gona wait for the price of the Xperia Arc S to go down :pinch:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 11, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.