Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need a decent phone for £150 any ideas?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically I need to get a new phone..... preferably one thats a smartphone...................wil ling to spend around £150...don't mind if it's a 2nd hand from ebay, just has to be in good condition which is all I want.

As well the features being very good, good screen, good games to download on to, camera, etc

Its because of my current phone, was gonna go to Giffgaff but I can't unlock it without having to pay £20 and send it off.

Any thoughts?
    I looked at HTC desire HD best I could find was a low grade one to buy for £154 with p&p
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    htc wildfire s sim-free from amazon is about 145 quid. it's already unlocked.

pretty good entry-level smart phone. i like mine

(Original post by Iqbal007)
    Basically I need to get a new phone..... preferably one thats a smartphone...................wil ling to spend around £150...don't mind if it's a 2nd hand from ebay, just has to be in good condition which is all I want.

As well the features being very good, good screen, good games to download on to, camera, etc

Its because of my current phone, was gonna go to Giffgaff but I can't unlock it without having to pay £20 and send it off.

Any thoughts?
    I looked at HTC desire HD best I could find was a low grade one to buy for £154 with p&p
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either that or the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't get the Wildfire S.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use an xperia mini st15i, which is 1 ghz snapdragon, with 512mb ram, cost me 120 from CEX, very snappy and perfect for the casual user. Make sure its the 2011 model and NOT the 2010 X10 mini.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christykai1049)
    htc wildfire s sim-free from amazon is about 145 quid. it's already unlocked.

pretty good entry-level smart phone. i like mine

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Don't think wildfire s is good enough to last me for a few years.... any other ideas

(Original post by decadence)
    I use an xperia mini st15i, which is 1 ghz snapdragon, with 512mb ram, cost me 120 from CEX, very snappy and perfect for the casual user. Make sure its the 2011 model and NOT the 2010 X10 mini.
    The screens too small for my liking

(Original post by Snagprophet)
    Either that or the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
    My mates got that, but doesnt seem like the interface is that great.

I'm so confused :/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    what's wrong with it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with an Iphone 3gs
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can get a samsung galaxy y for £90 from vodafone.

It's not amazing, but it's an alright cheap phone, and it does everything I need it to.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    what's wrong with it?
    It's not really a decent phone. The specs are barely better than my phone, which I believe was the 3rd Android phone ever released.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glow in the dark)
    Can't go wrong with an Iphone 3gs
    Please.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a decent phone. The specs are barely better than my phone, which I believe was the 3rd Android phone ever released.
    Ah. I was just about to take a 25 quid/per month contract on it with 3.. I'm not really a phone person, have an Ipod touch for the music/games, what would you recommend?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please.
    What's wrong with them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok Xperia Neo V then....
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mates got that, but doesnt seem like the interface is that great. I'm so confused :/
    It's no worse than any other android device in regards to software. I don't think there's anything better for a similar price.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    for your budget of 150 the htc wildfire s fits the bill. if you were willing to spend more then you should've said.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Any thoughts?
    Have you looked at the htc desire s?
    Nt sure about the price but I think it's the one before desire hd so it'll be cheaper.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really like my Samsung Galaxy Ace but HTC Wildfire S is apparently good too Was a tough choice between these for me when choosing a phone last year. Go and try them out in a store, see what you think?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from the Wildfires and Xperias

If you don't mind second hand then try CEX. They have a lot of stores around England. Search for the phone you want and it shows on the site what stores have the phone in your preferred network (unlocked is usually more expensive by a significant amount) and condition (mint, good, bad)

I bought a Desire S from there in good condition and it was practically brand new. Mint is brand new. They don't often give headphones with the phones (hygenic reasons) but out of the four (maybe five) my siblings and I bought from there, only my Desire S came with headphones. For this reason I didn't buy the Sensation XL w/ Beats lol
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    a blackberry 9300

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 10, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.