Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Atheists are the worst of all!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    How does the fact that some denominations accept sola scriptura, whilst others reject it, and that Christianity is constantly evolving, show that 'true Christianity' can exist?
    It's an argument from historical precedent that sola scriptura is a recent innovation accepted by not one person of Christianity before the 16th Century.

If we are to accept Wikipedia, which states the sola scriptura is a formal principle of Protestantism today, and Protestantism makes up 800 million out of 2.1 billion Christians, how is it 'largely rejected' exactly?
    Because even some Protestant groups accept the importance of Tradition (not the same as tradition with a small t). Anglicanism, for example, places a large emphasis on Tradition with regard to the interpretation of Scripture.

How can you say Christianity is not a sola scriptura religion when 40% of Christians are members of a group that espouses it?
    See above. It's an argument from history. And if 40% do accept it (which isn't strictly true as we've seen above) then that means 60%+ do accept it.

then you have to look at the reverse Your usage of the term 'objective truth' I find to be truly remarkable. How does a Church Authority interpreting scripture constitute objective truth? All it does for me is reinforce the fact that Christendom is fractured and fragmented and completely clueless as to what constitutes true Christianity.
    You seem to have misunderstood my argument. It's an argument from history essentially pointing out that you're trying to argue against Christianity on the grounds of Islamic interpretation of Scripture. Islam does not have interpretation based upon the light of Tradition. Simple fact. Also no Muslim would claim that there is an over-arching body which has rights to interpret Scripture whilst the majority of Christians would. Thus, it is possible to speak about true forms of Christianity and for me to speak of other denominations, as being less or more truthful that others. As said, this would make sense to you if you researched the basics of Christian exegesis.

Lastly, on a side note, surely if one of them are real it is perfectly legitimate to talk about truth. You're committing the fallacy of begging the question.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shereez234)
    i believe that atheists are the worst of all people. because they don't thank for nothing they have in their life.Others who believe in some god, one day fall down on their knees and thank the creator for their lives. and i thank my god for giving me this life and for the courage to not to be bothered about the negative rankings i am gonna get after i post this thread.. Atheists you guys suck big time

A valid argument, if there actually was a god..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We are all born atheist and then geography, for the most part, decides our religious beliefs. Religious belief is so sporadic. How can they all be right?

Globally, atheism is a cohesive mechanism; religion a divisive one.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll reply later. Quite frankly I'm bored and have better things to do right now than untangle your theological self-deceptions. Feel free to claim victory. I'll reply when I can be bothered.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atheismmakessense.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	135141
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {Unregistered})

Old, boring, and just plain stupid.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    :facepalm2:

Half of those people weren't even atheists. One or two explicitly said they weren't atheists.
    I know It was five in the morning and I liked the picture.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    whoa that guy with the brown moustache in the middle in that poster looks like jeremy clarkson with a moustache
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {Unregistered})

That's CLEARLY correct.

No. Not even close.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I know It was five in the morning and I liked the picture.
    Fair 'nuff then
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    I'll reply later. Quite frankly I'm bored and have better things to do right now than untangle your theological self-deceptions. Feel free to claim victory. I'll reply when I can be bothered.
    Self deceptions, eh. Dear, oh dear my. I set out to seek to inform someone better so they don't try and make an erroneous comparison of Christian exegesis to Islamic exegesis and I get attacked with ad hominems! What a world...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmagpie)
    Unless we want to
    I see what you did there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shereez234)
    i believe that atheists are the worst of all people. because they don't thank for nothing they have in their life.Others who believe in some god, one day fall down on their knees and thank the creator for their lives. and i thank my god for giving me this life and for the courage to not to be bothered about the negative rankings i am gonna get after i post this thread.. Atheists you guys suck big time
    I know a good psychiatrist if you're interested. I would say you need an urgent consultation.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Liberty)
    Religious terrorism? Really? It seems as though you believe the labels written in the mainstream newspapers. Every single one of these terrorist attacks by "Muslim" people have been shunned by real Muslims. Same with the recent Buddhist attacks.
    Define "real" Muslim? What do you mean by "shunned"? And every time a "peace envoy" from the "religion of peace" decides to "share community values of diversity and tolerance" via fertiliser and semtex, how come the silence from unelected self-appointed groups like the UK Muslim Parliament and "community leaders" is so deafening?

Incidentally, seeing as you mentioned Muslim opinion, can I ask what you think of the poll in The Guardian which showed that:

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality
    None of the 500 British Muslims interviewed believed that homosexual acts were morally acceptable. 1,001 non-Muslim Britons were interviewed.
    Or in fact, any of the following polls?

Poll, March 2004 - 13 percent support terror attacks on the US.
    Poll, July 2005 - 6 percent support terror attacks on Britain.
    13 percent have "a lot" of sympathy for the attackers.

Survey, Feb 2006:
    16 percent of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Israel.
    7 percent of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Britain.

Survey, July 2006:
    16 percent of British Muslims support the "cause" of the London bombers.

Survey of British Muslims, Channel 4, Aug 2006

24 per cent agreed or tended to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified. - that's 1 in 4 UK Muslims, over a million, happy to see the burning flesh torn from innocent children. Discuss?

45 per cent think 9/11 was carried out by the US or Israel.
    36 percent said they wanted Sharia law in the UK. - that's the one where a woman is worth half a man and rape victims are imprisoned and stoned.
    Half said British people who insult Islam should be arrested and prosecuted.
    Almost 80 per cent said those who published cartoons of the prophet Mohammed should be punished.

Survey of British Muslims, Channel 4, June 2007
    24 percent of British Muslims deny that the four British Muslim suicide bombers carried out the 7/7 attacks.
    24 percent of British Muslims believe the British government carried out the 7/7 attacks.

How very tolerant and diverse, eh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Athesits are the most ignorant and ungrateful people ever.... They will burn in hell one day.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBorn)
    Athesits are the most ignorant and ungrateful people ever.... They will burn in hell one day.
    Wow. You're a great Christian (or whatever you are). Assuming you belong to one of the monotheistic religions... Aren't you supposed to love all people? Or did you miss that part of your own religion?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why was the simolar threa "muslims are the worst of all!' removed ?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    its a shame ignorant people like the OP still exist, you'd have thought people would have matured somewhat..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    its a shame ignorant people like the OP still exist, you'd have thought people would have matured somewhat..
    He is not ignorant... He appreciates God and what God has done for us unlike you.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBorn)
    He is not ignorant... He appreciates God and what God has done for us unlike you.
    oh please grow up.
    'god' has done nothing for me, society, my friends and my family have made me who i am not some imaginary friend and a book ... if i started worshipping every book i read id be praying to the almighty harry potter.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 14, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.