Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Atheists are the worst of all!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitaltoast)
    Define "real" Muslim? What do you mean by "shunned"? And every time a "peace envoy" from the "religion of peace" decides to "share community values of diversity and tolerance" via fertiliser and semtex, how come the silence from unelected self-appointed groups like the UK Muslim Parliament and "community leaders" is so deafening?

Incidentally, seeing as you mentioned Muslim opinion, can I ask what you think of the poll in The Guardian which showed that:

Or in fact, any of the following polls?

Poll, March 2004 - 13 percent support terror attacks on the US.
    Poll, July 2005 - 6 percent support terror attacks on Britain.
    13 percent have "a lot" of sympathy for the attackers.

Survey, Feb 2006:
    16 percent of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Israel.
    7 percent of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Britain.

Survey, July 2006:
    16 percent of British Muslims support the "cause" of the London bombers.

Survey of British Muslims, Channel 4, Aug 2006

24 per cent agreed or tended to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified. - that's 1 in 4 UK Muslims, over a million, happy to see the burning flesh torn from innocent children. Discuss?

45 per cent think 9/11 was carried out by the US or Israel.
    36 percent said they wanted Sharia law in the UK. - that's the one where a woman is worth half a man and rape victims are imprisoned and stoned.
    Half said British people who insult Islam should be arrested and prosecuted.
    Almost 80 per cent said those who published cartoons of the prophet Mohammed should be punished.

Survey of British Muslims, Channel 4, June 2007
    24 percent of British Muslims deny that the four British Muslim suicide bombers carried out the 7/7 attacks.
    24 percent of British Muslims believe the British government carried out the 7/7 attacks.

How very tolerant and diverse, eh?
    Insightful. But it doesn't change my opinion and doesn't change what I said in that comment. When I say real muslim (I agree I used the wrong words) I mean someone who follows the teachings. I also talked about Buddhists who are generally against terrorism but follow a religion where people have ignored the promoted peace within the religion. You can't tarnish them all with the same brush. With the homosexuality thing, who are we to tell people what they should deem moral. If what they believe isn't hurting anyone what is the issue? There is only an issue when their belief makes them discriminate.

I don't care for homosexuality and in my opinion it shouldn't even be an issue, people can love who they love. But I don't think it's right to force a church to marry a couple if it's against their beliefs.

I don't see how your quote is even related to what my main point was. It seems as though you scrolled through, found something you disagreed with and went on to research just to show how much you disagree. It's still my opinion.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Dumbledore... he has the beard.
    touche.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBorn)
    Athesits are the most ignorant and ungrateful people ever.... They will burn in hell one day.
    Another in urgent need of psychiatric help.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Liberty)
    Insightful. But it doesn't change my opinion and doesn't change what I said in that comment. When I say real muslim (I agree I used the wrong words) I mean someone who follows the teachings. I also talked about Buddhists who are generally against terrorism but follow a religion where people have ignored the promoted peace within the religion. You can't tarnish them all with the same brush. With the homosexuality thing, who are we to tell people what they should deem moral. If what they believe isn't hurting anyone what is the issue? There is only an issue when their belief makes them discriminate.

I don't care for homosexuality and in my opinion it shouldn't even be an issue, people can love who they love. But I don't think it's right to force a church to marry a couple if it's against their beliefs.

I don't see how your quote is even related to what my main point was. It seems as though you scrolled through, found something you disagreed with and went on to research just to show how much you disagree. It's still my opinion.
    Who follows what teachings? While it is true that those who portray a fully negative interpretation of Islam are cherry-picking and biasing a certain way, the same is certainly true of those who portray a positive interpretation of it. The original source material has plenty in it to fuel and scripturally justify the views held by those polled and mentioned above.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where in history was there an Atheist civilisation? Where does the UK derive its laws from e.g. law prohibiting murder? Atheism?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Where in history was there an Atheist civilisation? Where does the UK derive its laws from e.g. law prohibiting murder? Atheism?
    Given that our discovery of the social benefits of not murdering each other come from an evolutionary framework that promotes the long term survival of certain cultural assets, and certainly not from any religious dogma, I'd say you could comfortably characterize the provenance of modern laws as an atheistic context.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Given that our discovery of the social benefits of not murdering each other come from an evolutionary framework that promotes the long term survival of certain cultural assets, and certainly not from any religious dogma, I'd say you could comfortably characterize the provenance of modern laws as an atheistic context.
    He actually has a point in all fairness. If we look at marriage in Britain before and after Christianisation you have two very different things. Before it was a system whereby a man kidnapped and raped the woman he wanted to marry, after these acts she became his wife. The Christian model is quite different, and far superior, I'm sure you'll agree. Thus it is most disonest you simply try and put it solely down to evolution.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Its funny you pointed to the most contradictory Christianity derived law. Yes, it derives from thou shalt not kill, but why was it up until the 50s, the mandatory sentence for murder was the death penalty? Religion no longer has a place in the eyes of the law, so legally, we are an Atheist civilization.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akpanudo)
    I'm Christian and some of my favourite people are atheists, there's nothing wrong with them! The only problems you'll find is when they try to disapprove your religion.
    A major problem in England is Jehovah's witnesses as well... they need to stop knocking on my door.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    He actually has a point in all fairness. If we look at marriage in Britain before and after Christianisation you have two very different things. Before it was a system whereby a man kidnapped and raped the woman he wanted to marry, after these acts she became his wife. The Christian model is quite different, and far superior, I'm sure you'll agree. Thus it is most disonest you simply try and put it solely down to evolution.
    They were talking about murder. Not marriage. Two completely different things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {Unregistered})
    Attachment 135141
    Sounds just like creationism
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an atheist but I know of atheists that are WAY more humane and and moral than religious people in many ways. If you thank God, then it's good for you but that doesn't necessarily make you a better person. You have no right to judge people like that.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    They were talking about murder. Not marriage. Two completely different things.
    They mentioned murder as an example. Morality extends far beyond murder.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we look at marriage in Britain before and after Christianisation you have two very different things. Before it was a system whereby a man kidnapped and raped the woman he wanted to marry, after these acts she became his wife.
    Do you have a source for that?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are very silly and ill-informed, and not only grammatically.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    And whoever made that comment about people in Britain before the coming of Christianity simply carried off and raped women they wanted to marry evidently didn't read the bit in the Bible in which God told his followers that if amongst their enemies they found a woman whose father and brothers they had murdered, she was fair game who they could just carry off and marry if they want.
    Christianity did NOT bring morals to anybody who followed it. In pre Christian Europe, we raped and pillaged each other. In Christian Europe, we raped and pillaged each other and then committed repeated acts of genocide. Way to go Jesus.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apeiron)
    Do you have a source for that?
    Just google it. It's common knowledge.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just google it. It's common knowledge.
    In which case, you just pasting any of the many links I'm sure you have to hand would have been quicker than you typing "just google it", wouldn't it?

Just answer the question.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitaltoast)
    In which case, you just pasting any of the many links I'm sure you have to hand would have been quicker than you typing "just google it", wouldn't it?

Just answer the question.
    Who the heck mentioned links? I read it in a book.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who the heck mentioned links? I read it in a book.
    This is impolite and I apologize, but the temptation was simply too great.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.