Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the Muslims and Islamic sympathizers on TSR, neg and run?

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I’m a muslim and I negged you, how does it feel?

It’s not surprising that the threads you mentioned get negged alot, not because of their stance but rather because of the utter stupidity and fallacies in their reasoning. They are often started by people like you, who after watching a couple of Youtube videos get pumped up and comically like to think of themselves as the self styled defender of the West against the evil muslims.
    When people keep repeating lies such as ‘they takin over the uk, they out to get us’, what reply do you honestly expect sane minded people to have? I have no time for individuals like you, who aim to incite hatred against a whole group of people, not because you are necessarily a hateful person, but more down to you and others like you forming a narrow minded opinion and being ignorant of obvious facts.

So if your intention is to ask meaningful and pertinent questions about islam, then there is a Q&A thread dedicated to this. If you want to spew mindless propaganda and incite hatred, then stick to the EDL forum.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I exposed the deception behind most anti-islam threads yesterday...but my thread has been largely ignored.

Why should I as a Muslim waste my hours debating on the internet with people who copy & paste from anti-islam websites and dont even check theyve got their info right?

Even if you do get into a discussion with such a person, their obvious hate blinds them to anything you say and they dismiss it and quote loads of other stuff from anti-islam websites...the whole thing is circular and i'd rather live my life to be honest.

Those who are sincere in learning about islam or debating it, won't do so on TSR.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1938806
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LethalXGhost)
    Not right now. The West's defining battle of the 21st century is with the cult of Islam.
    Just look at what is going on in the UK, you seem to be completely oblivious.
    The West's battle is in controlling the world's resources. Grow up.

Calling Islam a cult shows your deep rooted hatred. You'll never learn anything. Bigot.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in discussion, with Muslims, about accurate criticisms of Islam. I want them to logically refute my view that Islam is not the absolute religion. I want them to accept that it has faults like all religions. Most Muslims completely reject this. They arrogantly and foolishly believe Islam is perfect and that it has all the answers. It also demands respect from non-muslims. You only have to be a logical thinker to realize why this is such a dangerous philosophy. The core Islamic philosophy is completely against western society which values secularization and Liberalization. Most religions have adapted themselves, Islam is the only modern religion which refuses to do so.
    If you've had as many discussions with Muslims/other religious people about their beliefs as i have, in real life AND online, you'll see that in most cases it's futile to try to make them refute anything you say. Despite it being a logical fallacy to just label them "brain washed" and leaving it at that, it's simply that true. Very few people I've spoken to were honest and open minded.

The most honest response I ever received was "I don't know why I believe. It's completely illogical but it just feels right to me".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop feeding the troll!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    The remaining(few) neggers are probably foolish liberals.

Discuss.
    Good job with the blanket generalisation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mods, please don't delete this.

Anybody who criticizes Islam (many do it very accurately) is negged profusely. Most people don't even bother replying or bother debating why they disagree and those that do, usually come out with illogical brainwashed rhetoric.

Then, there are Pro Islam comments/apologies which although might not be rational or cohesive, get tons of thumbs ups.

Why is this? Well, for the Muslim neggers, I personally think it is very simple. They lack personal viewpoints, they're basically sheep who are products of a twisted political hate-ideology which requires complete submission of reason and free thought. The remaining(few) neggers are probably foolish liberals.

Discuss.
    Because muslims are cowards, look at them, they use women and children as suicide bombers, they use civilians as cover and plant IEDs on cars and vehicles.
    They murder countless civilians and will rarely fight you face to face.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because some comments are just too damn stupid...and indicate intentions that are clearly not associated with wanting to discuss/argue
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    It's not about virtual reputation (at least it ought not to be). It's about Muslims not having to be called out on their beliefs in a questionable book and equally questionable god due to excessive political correctness. This is a conversation that needs to be had. And one that everyone should participate in.
    Exactly. Sad thing is, most Muslims won't even know what discussion they should have, they are so warped in their views.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouz)
    I exposed the deception behind most anti-islam threads yesterday...but my thread has been largely ignored.

Why should I as a Muslim waste my hours debating on the internet with people who copy & paste from anti-islam websites and dont even check theyve got their info right?

Even if you do get into a discussion with such a person, their obvious hate blinds them to anything you say and they dismiss it and quote loads of other stuff from anti-islam websites...the whole thing is circular and i'd rather live my life to be honest.

Those who are sincere in learning about islam or debating it, won't do so on TSR.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1938806
    Why are you so adamant on me having to learn? I have learnt enough, for now. Why don't you ever learn? Why don't you accept faults in your religion? Why do you refuse to critically analyze it?

You complain about me being a bigot but you are worse than me! i have at least looked at this from both sides. you have never bothered to look at it from another angle. You continue to blind yourself. How the hell are you going to discuss and debate???

This is how a debate works, by critique. I refuse to play it nice. But you are not interested in refuting my claims, you just ignore them and preach your bull**** Dogma in return.

BTW, i haven't needed to quote anything yet. Even, if I do, they would be direct quotes from the Qur'an and the Hadiths. But no doubt, as always, you would deflect any sort of criticism of those . If you want others to learn about your religion, you need understand it objectively yourself, first.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7thDegOfSeparation)
    I’m a muslim and I negged you, how does it feel?
    Indifferent. I was expecting the majority of Muslims to do as they are supposed to- ignore all criticism and not think about what i had said. It is what they are taught, after all.

(Original post by 7thDegOfSeparation)
    It’s not surprising that the threads you mentioned get negged alot, not because of their stance but rather because of the utter stupidity and fallacies in their reasoning. They are often started by people like you, who after watching a couple of Youtube videos get pumped up and comically like to think of themselves as the self styled defender of the West against the evil muslims.
    My stance on Islam doesn't come from watching a couple of Youtube videos. I have pondered over it for a very long time.

I am not spewing mindless propaganda. This is what a growing number of people think about this vicious ideology, which no matter how you dress up, is evil at its core. It is based on principles of hate, superiority, unequaled arrogance and submission to all reason other than one it provides itself!
    You still don't get it? You don't realize why that is so wrong?
    Well, i guess that just makes you a good Muslim.

Telling you what i think of you and your Qur'an is inciting hatred?? Hmm you are too comfortable playing the victim.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so adamant on me having to learn? I have learnt enough, for now. Why don't you ever learn? Why don't you accept faults in your religion? Why do you refuse to critically analyze it?

You complain about me being a bigot but you are worse than me! i have at least looked at this from both sides. you have never bothered to look at it from another angle. You continue to blind yourself. How the hell are you going to discuss and debate???

This is how a debate works, by critique. I refuse to play it nice. But you are not interested in refuting my claims, you just ignore them and preach your bull**** Dogma in return.

BTW, i haven't needed to quote anything yet. Even, if I do, they would be direct quotes from the Qur'an and the Hadiths. But no doubt, as always, you would deflect any sort of criticism of those . If you want others to learn about your religion, you need understand it objectively yourself, first.
    Wow, what's up with the rude & aggressive counter post? Where did i call you a bigot?

Your post is full of extreme generalisations..do you know me? Do you know what ive studied? What religous beliefs ive examined? No, i'm guessing you've assumed i am a born muslim and simply born and brainwashed into these beliefs. Don't you think its wrong to stereotype like that? You know nothing about me, so please don't judge me. I have indeed examined many other religions, ive read 1 or two of their scriptures and looked briefly into their histories, and i intend to do more research. Islam encourages us to think and reflect and there is nothing wrong with examining other beliefs. It's actually quite patronising the way many non-religous people assume religious people don't critically examine their beliefs. Some people leave their beliefs and others decide they are correct and stick with them.

You see...it's all a matter of opinion. And what annoy's me is how people such as yourself seem to think its black and white, you assert your view that there are faults in my religion as if it's FACT. Whereas, it is YOUR OPINION based on individual reasoning and judgment. So please respect my OPINIONS and don't assert YOUR opinion, as if it's FACT.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    this is why i hardly use the rep system.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    If you've had as many discussions with Muslims/other religious people about their beliefs as i have, in real life AND online, you'll see that in most cases it's futile to try to make them refute anything you say. Despite it being a logical fallacy to just label them "brain washed" and leaving it at that, it's simply that true. Very few people I've spoken to were honest and open minded.

The most honest response I ever received was "I don't know why I believe. It's completely illogical but it just feels right to me".
    Here is a typical example of where someone posts their OPINION as if its FACT and then looks down at people who don't share their OPINION as if their silly because they don't acknowledge what they consider as fact, when its actually their opinion.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    I disagree, the principles of religion such as faith, belief and and a search for answers seems perfectly logical to me.

Yes, people agreeing with you is nice, but I for one don't abitarily dismiss everyone who doesn't as misguided sheeple. I know I'm not infallible and I'm open to the possibility that perhaps I'm the one in the wrong.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Religion is an easy answer for people to turn to. People who want justification built for them turn to religion. Taking everything you believe from a single book written millennia ago hardly renders itself as 'searching for answers'.

Science is the search for answers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Indifferent. I was expecting the majority of Muslims to do as they are supposed to- ignore all criticism and not think about what i had said. It is what they are taught, after all.

My stance on Islam doesn't come from watching a couple of Youtube videos. I have pondered over it for a very long time.

I am not spewing mindless propaganda. This is what a growing number of people think about this vicious ideology, which no matter how you dress up, is evil at its core. It is based on principles of hate, superiority, unequaled arrogance and submission to all reason other than one it provides itself!
    You still don't get it? You don't realize why that is so wrong?
    Well, i guess that just makes you a good Muslim.

Telling you what i think of you and your Qur'an is inciting hatred?? Hmm you are too comfortable playing the victim.
    The amount of incoherence you exhibit can only be explained by two conclusions: 1) You are either trolling or 2) You lack the mental capacity to think straight. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it’s the latter, and hence spend a few minutes replying.

Only a tiny minority of people think like you, in the same way that only a tiny percent of muslims espouse hatred for other religions, the vast majority of people get on perfectly well, regardless of religion. But that’s ok, don’t let reality get in the way of your argument.

Everything you stated about is islam is wrong, but then again who needs facts when swallowing up propaganda is far more appealing to someone as gullible as you. There is plenty of unbiased information on islam out there, there are no excuses for having such misguided views.

But of course its a conspiracy, islam is an evil force which I must warn people about. In which case, what are you doing sitting at home all day? Grab your cape and get out and defend this country against the evil muslamics. Or you could grow up and stop displaying such laughable ignorance.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouz)
    Here is a typical example of where someone posts their OPINION as if its FACT and then looks down at people who don't share their OPINION as if their silly because they don't acknowledge what they consider as fact, when its actually their opinion.
    Don't worry about her. If you check her past posts you'll get the idea that she's very pretentious and likes to think she knows a lot more than she actually does.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Religion is an easy answer for people to turn to. People who want justification built for them turn to religion. Taking everything you believe from a single book written millennia ago hardly renders itself as 'searching for answers'.

Science is the search for answers.
    Religion and spirituality is more than simply reading the Bible or the Qur'an. That's a typical obnoxious pretentious atheist answer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably because it's like talking to a door knob, you aren't going to get anywhere. You seem to make the assumption that all Muslims are the same, that every Muslim you see in the newspaper who has been arrested for terrorism or grooming 'innocent' white women represent the majority. This isn't so. Everyone is different. It's like with alcohol, just because someone gets drunk it doesn't mean everyone is going to get drunk. Some people are extreme, some people are more hateful than others but that doesn't necessarily mean that every Muslim is extreme and hateful.

I don't particularly like Islam or any religion but if your sole reason for hating Islam is newspaper backed nonsense and the rather hateful quotes you have seen posted by some people, you must be quite ignorant. Islam is like any other religion, when it comes down to its religious book, you have to wade through the horrible quotes in search of one that is good.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you mean OP. I get negged alot by the Islamaphobe unit and recieve alot of hate messages, don't see me crying.

I also never run, whenever I nave the time to get in a debate here, I don't remember losing.

(Original post by Dragonfly07)

Says the person who hasn't even read the whole qur'an lmao. (pretty sure your that same person)

Religion forum is the best place on TSR.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 26, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.